Pitch Invasion Saturday

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

NOM
Fresh Alias

Re: Pitch Invasion Saturday

Post by NOM »

Are you ageist Stephen?
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

NOM wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:27 am Are you ageist Stephen?
I don’t think so. I don’t have a problem with old people in general. I have a problem with moaning ones. But then again I have a problem with moaners in general, so the age part is irrelevant.

For example, I don’t take issue with elderly widows being recognised publicly by a football club. Something which you clearly take issue with.
Last edited by Esteban on Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

You use the word old in a derogatory fashion a lot and you accuse me of trolling etc
Wake up son
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

Esteban wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:36 am
NOM wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:27 am Are you ageist Stephen?
I don’t think so. I don’t have a problem with old people in general. I have a problem with moaning ones. But then again I have a problem with moaners in general, so the age part is irrelevant.

For example, I don’t take issue with elderly widowers being recognised publicly by a football club. Something which you clearly take issue with.
I know your trying hard to twist my words and to win some friends here but please have a word with yourself
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Give it a rest people. Its over, who gives a sh*t, we are promoted. Save the bickering for next season.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Apple Wumble wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:51 am Give it a rest people. Its over, who gives a sh*t,
People whose enjoyment of the moment that capped off our splendid season was ruined.
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

I went as I've never seen the point of running on the pitch but regardless surely after 10-20 minutes get off let the team celebrate, walk round the ground with it etc, it's a balancing act, fans get their 10 minutes of fun and then the players get theirs surely?
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:01 am
Apple Wumble wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:51 am Give it a rest people. Its over, who gives a sh*t,
People whose enjoyment of the moment that capped off our splendid season was ruined.
Translated as "my day was not 100% perfect as i'd planned out in my mind because some people got a bit carried away celebrating, so I'm going to go on the internet and insult strangers I've never met without spending a second to think of things beyond my own myopic viewpoint".
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Yep, I'm the one in the wrong here. Selfish me.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Sounds like you wish you hadn't shat your pants and bolted straight back to the stands as soon as the first announcement asking fans to clear the pitch came through.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

It's so often the way, decent folk who play by the rules lose out.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

The fact that the players had to come back out and have their pictures taken once the stadium was empty says it all.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:40 am The fact that the players had to come back out and have their pictures taken once the stadium was empty says it all.
Says that whoever was in charge of organizing the presentation failed spectacularly.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

I was watching the game on telly. When it ended and the fans went on the pitch Mrs Eva Gold asked me if I would have gone on too.

Without hesitation I said yes. She then said "silly old fool". We left it at that.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Esteban wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:17 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:40 am The fact that the players had to come back out and have their pictures taken once the stadium was empty says it all.
Says that whoever was in charge of organizing the presentation failed spectacularly.
Don't you dare turn this back onto the club. LOFC have done nothing wrong here.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

I watched it on the telly in the pub with the Raith Rovers boys, they all thought it looked brilliant with the presentation happening in the middle of a great big scrum of supporters.

So I guess there's different views of whether it was right or not.

Thread is still peak Orient.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:08 pm
Where did I blame LOFC?

Some key questions:

Who arranged the presentation? -BT sport/The National league/some other ruling body?

Who is in charge of security?

The club/ A third party contractor/ police / a combination?

Whilst your tediously simplistic explanation of "they are ars*holes" may be a satisfactory answer for you, the truth is that there are multiple parties at blame here.

And before you ask me again...I did leave the pitch after the initial invasion.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

StillSpike wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:17 pm I watched it on the telly in the pub with the Raith Rovers boys, they all thought it looked brilliant with the presentation happening in the middle of a great big scrum of supporters.

Agreed, it does look brilliant seeing that back on the tv.

If we had big screens and footage was being relayed so everyone in the ground could also see it, no problem. As it was, the vast majority of the crowd on the day couldn't view events.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:19 pm
StillSpike wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:17 pm I watched it on the telly in the pub with the Raith Rovers boys, they all thought it looked brilliant with the presentation happening in the middle of a great big scrum of supporters.

If we had big screens and footage was being relayed so everyone in the ground could also see it, no problem. As it was, the vast majority of the crowd on the day couldn't view events.
And yet you have no issue with the fact that the East Stand would not have been able to see the presentation regardless.

Quick to start chucking insults around at O's fans, and now you're admitting that it looked cool.

If you're only issue is that people couldn't see, then why don't you give a monkeys about anyone in the East Stand? Is it because that doesn't give you the chance to insult and feel morally superior to others?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Esteban wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:18 pm
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:08 pm

Where did I blame LOFC?

Some key questions:

Who arranged the presentation? -BT sport/The National league/some other ruling body?

Who is in charge of security?

The club/ A third party contractor/ police / a combination?

Whilst your tediously simplistic explanation of "they are ars*holes" may be a satisfactory answer for you, the truth is that there are multiple parties at blame here.

And before you ask me again...I did leave the pitch after the initial invasion.
Looks like you are in the clear. Who even cares if you bent to the will of the owners and let them boss you off the pitch and thanked them AGAIN for saving the club as you left the field of play.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Esteban wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:22 pm

And yet you have no issue with the fact that the East Stand would not have been able to see the presentation regardless.

Quick to start chucking insults around at O's fans, and now you're admitting that it looked cool.

If you're only issue is that people couldn't see, then why don't you give a monkeys about anyone in the East Stand? Is it because that doesn't give you the chance to insult and feel morally superior to others?
The East Stand would have been able to see, if there hadn't been a scrum of several hundred people around the players.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:28 pm
Esteban wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:22 pm

The East Stand would have been able to see, if there hadn't been a scrum of several hundred people around the players.
That’s 100% incorrect.

The way that the thing was set up meant that most of the East Stand would have only been able to see the back of a large Vanarama sign.

Possibly the very ends on both sides might have been able to see but those behind (which was most of the stand) could see bugger all.

But don’t let facts get in the way of you trying to cover up your hypocrisy.
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

The presentations were always going to be facing away from the East Stand, because the setup was always going to be facing the TV cameras. Any other setup would have been bizarre.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Not sure why you're trying to divert the discussion here?

But the East Stand would have been able to see. Not as good a view as from the West obviously, but they could have seen.

Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:41 pm Not sure why you're trying to divert the discussion here?

But the East Stand would have been able to see. Not as good a view as from the West obviously, but they could have seen.

Mate, I was there. I couldn’t see jack sh*t. Neither could anyone around me.

That photo actually proves my point.