Recording of The Orient Hour Nov 28th

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Recording of The Orient Hour Nov 28th

Post by The Orient Hour »

Here's the latest show with Steve Nussbaum, Dave Victor and 'Admin' and Gibson the dog. (That's Gibson as in Guy Gibson, just for clarity 😬)
https://www.phoenixfm.com/2019/11/28/or ... U.facebook
The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Recording of The Orient Hour Nov 28th

I thought the speech from @DulcetDave with regard to the Mark Cooper incident and the grief process was a superb one, and showed just how fine an orator Dave is. Everyone should listen to that, if only to actually take on board what Dave is saying and give themselves a reality check.
Osal
Fresh Alias

Post by Osal »

Didn't particularly enjoy last nights show, although I did enjoy Admins contribution, real fans view. Don't know if it was just my reception, but had difficulty hearing Dave Victor's contribution. I know it is all about opinions, but the relentless praising of Martin Ling, is quite frankly, getting somewhat boring, for me. As Martin himself has already said, he accepts the plaudits, so he is more than prepared to take the negatives and fair play to him, on that.
SuperO1881
Fresh Alias

Post by SuperO1881 »

Osal wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:51 am Didn't particularly enjoy last nights show, although I did enjoy Admins contribution, real fans view. Don't know if it was just my reception, but had difficulty hearing Dave Victor's contribution. I know it is all about opinions, but the relentless praising of Martin Ling, is quite frankly, getting somewhat boring, for me. As Martin himself has already said, he accepts the plaudits, so he is more than prepared to take the negatives and fair play to him, on that.
The volume levels were fine as I listened. Dave is softly spoken so maybe that didn't help you.

I disagree with you about the relentless ML praise. In fact I'd say it's exactly the opposite as all you read and hear is negativity about him so the recent praise is long overdue and balances out a small % of the negativity.

Of course it's all about opinions and everyone's entitled to theirs.
The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

I can confirm mics were fine. Dave was softly spoken on one or two occasions.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I thought the show was good and engaging between the guests. I thought Dave was excellent and spoke so well and admin came across really well in trying to offer a balance to the proceedings.

I’ve said before the host is suited to this role as he is locked down on time and in this format he can’t pad things out, can’t waffle and has to have a direct approach otherwise time runs out. I thought he kept the pace rolling along nicely covering off all the main talking points of the past week.

I enjoyed it.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

SuperO1881 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:13 am
Osal wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:51 am Didn't particularly enjoy last nights show, although I did enjoy Admins contribution, real fans view. Don't know if it was just my reception, but had difficulty hearing Dave Victor's contribution. I know it is all about opinions, but the relentless praising of Martin Ling, is quite frankly, getting somewhat boring, for me. As Martin himself has already said, he accepts the plaudits, so he is more than prepared to take the negatives and fair play to him, on that.
The volume levels were fine as I listened. Dave is softly spoken so maybe that didn't help you.

I disagree with you about the relentless ML praise. In fact I'd say it's exactly the opposite as all you read and hear is negativity about him so the recent praise is long overdue and balances out a small % of the negativity.

Of course it's all about opinions and everyone's entitled to theirs.
Sounds like a case of confirmation bias to me.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Listened to it, only to hear what Admin had to say.

Was a good listen, don't agree with a lot of what Dave says but he's a really eloquent guy.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Just me or does FTC look a bit like OFF?
Father Ted Crilly
Fresh Alias

Post by Father Ted Crilly »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:17 pm Just me or does FTC look a bit like OFF?
*frantically tries to work out how to remove caca’s Admin rights.....