Snowflake upset with tv show

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Snowflake upset with tv show

Post by Long slender neck »

Another debate dodged by bottler Boris. :clown
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: Snowflake upset with tv show

Post by tuffers#1 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:28 am

Another debate dodged by bottler Boris. :clown
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Scandalous that both he and Farage bottled out of this one.

But not surprised given their stance (and record to date) on this issue.

Still, GET BREXIT DONE.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

I think it is kind of Trumpish to threaten their funding too. Is this where we're heading now?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Daily Mirror no longer allowed on their battle bus either. If you don't play their game, you're out.
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

Johnson is in my opinion a coward who either won’t allow himself to stand up to scrutiny or his party are so worried about him making more f*ck ups that they have told him not to do in depth interviews.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Luckily they have his old dad on (presumably to try to avoid f*** up)
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Like father like son. Pair of posh pricks.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

PoundhillO wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:26 am Johnson is in my opinion a coward who either won’t allow himself to stand up to scrutiny or his party are so worried about him making more f*ck ups that they have told him not to do in depth interviews.
Alternatively, he is a leader of sound judgement who avoids putting himself at unnecessary risk because he knows he can get his message across in different ways.

Lets see whether the public share your view or not.

The verdict will be announced early on December 13th
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

StillSpike wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:51 am

Luckily they have his old dad on (presumably to try to avoid f*** up)
Just jokes, innit.

The fact people will vote for his party means he probably has a point, to be fair.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

The working class are thick. We all know that. Not thick enough to vote for Corbyn though. Working class still aspire to make something of their lives and they don’t need some doddery old grandad telling them the only real success in life is to all be equally miserable.
Father Ted Crilly
Fresh Alias

Post by Father Ted Crilly »

spen666 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:43 am
PoundhillO wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:26 am Johnson is in my opinion a coward who either won’t allow himself to stand up to scrutiny or his party are so worried about him making more f*ck ups that they have told him not to do in depth interviews.
Alternatively, he is a leader of sound judgement who avoids putting himself at unnecessary risk because he knows he can get his message across in different ways.

There was a time when I used to look at your posts and think that you were maybe trying to provoke some thought or debate.

However, like Maffy, I've now reached the conclusion that you're an idiot. If you can associate the words "sound judgement" with Boris Johnson then I can only treat you as a complete half-wit who is going to end up with the government you deserve.
Father Ted Crilly
Fresh Alias

Beradogs wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:55 am The working class are thick. We all know that. Not thick enough to vote for Corbyn though. Working class still aspire to make something of their lives and they don’t need some doddery old grandad telling them the only real success in life is to all be equally miserable.
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political power to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics" Bevan.

And here comes Beradogs - doing his best to make sure that conservative politics continue.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

he is not so stupid to go on debates
and make a right p...k of himself like Corbyn the :clown .
Father Ted Crilly
Fresh Alias

greyhound wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:03 pm he is not so stupid to go on debates
and make a right p...k of himself like Corbyn the :clown .
Boris is far from stupid - you should realise that he knows exactly what he's doing which is taking advantage of people like you. I seem to spend most of my time now just asking people to examine the evidence of their own eyes and ears. If you're content to vote for a man who holds the working class, the middle class, ethnic minorities and the LGBT community in complete contempt, then there's nothing I can do to help you.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Father Ted Crilly wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:56 am

There was a time when I used to look at your posts and think that you were maybe trying to provoke some thought or debate.

However, like Maffy, I've now reached the conclusion that you're an idiot. If you can associate the words "sound judgement" with Boris Johnson then I can only treat you as a complete half-wit who is going to end up with the government you deserve.

Sadly it appears you want to sink to personal insults.

JC & BJ are involved in a competition where the aim is to win the election. They have adopted different strategies to getting their maessages out.

If not appearing in TV debates to avoid car crash moments and using other methods to get your message across is successful, then I would call that sound judgement.

I would not call it sound judgement to choose to go onto TV and have a car crash interview that harms your chances of being elected.

You appear to be collating what you want to happen with what is sound judgement.

Its quite clear you want BJ to appear on TV in debates / interviews. That is fine and you are entitled to hold that view.

However, the competition is not to do what you want but to win the election. Choosing a strategy that wins the election is adopting sound judgement. Choosing a strategy that loses you an election is not sound judgement.

Unless, I am wrong and the aim is not to win the election
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

I'm sort of with spenantic666 on this. Boris (or, Cummings) is applying a shrewd, calculated and cynical approach. Even when it appears to be chaotic (Gove turning up at C4), it is actually very carefully planned. Whether or not following this strategy will prove to be 'sound judgement' will be revealed on the morning of 13 December.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Thanks for explaining why he's avoiding interviews, but we already know why. We'd just like him to be exposed for what he really is. For people to know the truth and what they're voting for. Would've thought a man in your profession would be in favour of that.
Father Ted Crilly
Fresh Alias

spen666 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:18 pm
Father Ted Crilly wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:56 am

Sadly it appears you want to sink to personal insults.

JC & BJ are involved in a competition where the aim is to win the election. They have adopted different strategies to getting their maessages out.

If not appearing in TV debates to avoid car crash moments and using other methods to get your message across is successful, then I would call that sound judgement.

I would not call it sound judgement to choose to go onto TV and have a car crash interview that harms your chances of being elected.

You appear to be collating what you want to happen with what is sound judgement.

Its quite clear you want BJ to appear on TV in debates / interviews. That is fine and you are entitled to hold that view.

However, the competition is not to do what you want but to win the election. Choosing a strategy that wins the election is adopting sound judgement. Choosing a strategy that loses you an election is not sound judgement.

Unless, I am wrong and the aim is not to win the election
PW's beaten me to it a bit here - I clearly understand what Johnson is doing which is avoiding scrutiny and making himself as small a target as possible.

Fine - he's free to do that. I sincerely hope that the electorate sees through this but sadly I suspect they won't because in the main they choose not to. Which is exactly what you're doing by equating his avoidance of any scrutiny with sound judgement.

And that makes you an idiot.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Another opinion which flies in the face of the evidence. How many times in your career as a lawyer have you been laughed out of court?
Wally Banter
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Wally Banter »

spen666 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:18 pm Choosing a strategy that wins the election is adopting sound judgement.
Reductive nonsense.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:29 pm Thanks for explaining why he's avoiding interviews, but we already know why. We'd just like him to be exposed for what he really is. For people to know the truth and what they're voting for. Would've thought a man in your profession would be in favour of that.
I have not said what I want him to do.

It is up to each man ( or woman) to campaign in the way they think will maximise their chances. The fact one candidate doesn't campaign in the way you want him to doesn't mean he isn't exercising good judgement.

I am saying that in a race to win an election choosing to avoid situations that expose you to car crash situations is good judgement.
Choosing to unnecessarily put yourself into a car crash TV interview is not sound judgement.

Whilst I can understand why you want BJ to put himself in that situation, it is not sound judgement if he can get his message across more successfully using other forms of media.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Father Ted Crilly wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:00 pm
Beradogs wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:55 am The working class are thick. We all know that. Not thick enough to vote for Corbyn though. Working class still aspire to make something of their lives and they don’t need some doddery old grandad telling them the only real success in life is to all be equally miserable.
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political power to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics" Bevan.

And here comes Beradogs - doing his best to make sure that conservative politics continue.
[/quote

How dare you. I am certainly not a conservative. I will be voting greens who do not fit my libertarian views generally except in regards to the environment. It’s destruction has been state led and if we have no planet all other views are somewhat irrelevant.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:38 pm

Another opinion which flies in the face of the evidence. How many times in your career as a lawyer have you been laughed out of court?

Oh sorry , is there not an election on December 12th? Is the result not to be announced on 13th?

A man choosing a campaigning style that maximises his appeal to the public is exercising sound judgement.

Where is this evidence that my opinion is apparently flying in the face of?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

If he wins through judging that enough people are thick enough to fall for this approach, will that not prove his point? Would the ends not justify the means to Tory MPs, party members, and their financial contributors? I'm not suggesting for one moment that we should give a stuff about their opinions, but equally they do not give a stuff about ours.

We may not like it, it is morally reprehensible, but this is a Tory leader engaged in a battle for power for the next five years. Why would people expect anything else?