Tory / US NHS Sell Off

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Re: Tory / US NHS Sell Off

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:44 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:40 pm
RedO wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:35 pm At least Andrew Neil hasn't had his interview with Johnson yet, I'm sure he'll get to the bottom of this NHS sell-off issue.
I’m looking forward to it. Hope he gives Boris a rough ride and brings up this NHS issue. Given my utter disrespect for both leaders I shall be quite pleased to see Boris squirm the same way Corbyn did.
Bottlejob Boris wont agree to one.
Shows remarkably good judgement if so. Nothing to gain, everything to lose. Shame, would have been fun.
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

Father Ted Crilly wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:29 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:10 pm
Father Ted Crilly wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:27 pm

The important thing is what this document doesn't say. It doesn't say the NHS or food standards aren't on the table........
It doesn’t say the EFL will not be under control of the USA. Now I’m worried. Nor does it say the BBC will not be taken over by Fox News. Bloody hell. Not does it say football won’t be played with a round ball. Catastrophic. Wonder what else it doesn’t say that we should worry about!
I would try to explain the significance of this to you but have decided to just conclude that you're a non-entity and a f*cking half-wit.
Would love to have given your answer but I will take on the mantle of explaining to the Captain of Industry why it not being in the document is important.
The standard protocol in these negotiations is to agree to early on what is off the table so..........no mention of medicines/NHS/Health Insurance (which actually is mentioned) in the document means that it is up for discussion.
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

dOh Nut wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:17 pm

I’m looking forward to it. Hope he gives Boris a rough ride and brings up this NHS issue. Given my utter disrespect for both leaders I shall be quite pleased to see Boris squirm the same way Corbyn did.
Shows remarkably good judgement if so. Nothing to gain, everything to lose. Shame, would have been fun.
Transparency, democracy, sod it all - "good judgement" trumps everything
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Father Ted Crilly wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:34 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:31 pm For a supposed boardroom bellend, he is showing his naivety here.
He's just angry cos they've turned down his application to go on the apprentice every year.

Maffy always becomes more insufferable between now and xmas cos Lord Sugar's on the telly. It's just bitterness as seeing real business contenders fight it out in front of his hero, Claude Littner.
Nah. In the real world I did Ok for a kid from the prefabs. Never jealous of those who have done better than me nor those who are financially richer. Been lucky enough to have met a few very well known successful people. Their ability is way beyond mine. Happens to most of us in different ways. Why get bitter? Waste of energy. Use what little talent you have to it’s full potential and see where it goes. I ended up in the Boardroom for 20 years. Good enough for me.
Father Ted Crilly
Fresh Alias

Post by Father Ted Crilly »

dOh Nut wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:30 pm I ended up in the Boardroom for 20 years.
Couldn't you find the exit door? No wonder your career stalled.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Father Ted Crilly wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:34 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:30 pm I ended up in the Boardroom for 20 years.
Couldn't you find the exit door? No wonder your career stalled.
Maybe is was 20 years in the boysroom. My mind isn’t what it used to be. I thought the meeting were quiet.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Now I'm concerned what you were doing in the boys room!!
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Thor wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:11 pm Now I'm concerned what you were doing in the boys room!!
Flushed with success after my promotion. Thereafter it all went down the pan.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

RedO wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:35 pm At least Andrew Neil hasn't had his interview with Johnson yet, I'm sure he'll get to the bottom of this NHS sell-off issue.
After JB s interview with Andrew Neil where he was slaughtered on major issues. It was obvious that Labour cronies would try and come back About the sale of the NHS. Boris had repeatedly denied relating to the sale of the NHS . From what I have read it’s the USA that wants the talks on medical issues . It’s laughable that the NHS would be for sale
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

moonwalk19 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:56 pm

After JB s interview with Andrew Neil where he was slaughtered on major issues. It was obvious that Labour cronies would try and come back About the sale of the NHS. Boris had repeatedly denied relating to the sale of the NHS . From what I have read it’s the USA that wants the talks on medical issues . It’s laughable that the NHS would be for sale
Let’s get back to Football issues.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

moonwalk19 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:56 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So let's think this one through.

UK (pop c.60m) in trade talks with USA (pop c 330m). The UK has just f*cked off its biggest trading partner (EU) and is therefore, shall we say,
a little "keen" (i.e desperate) for a trade deal with the USA. The USA is entirely and only interested in USA's interests and no "desperate" for a free trade deal.

The USA want the talks on medical issue and pharma interests - how long to you really think the UK is going to hold out on that one ?

That's laughable (if it wasn't so tragic)
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Andrew Neil has just debunked the Labour position on the NHS as being far fetched scaremongering with absolute no proof what so ever. Scaring is a word used by AN.

Even Labour has now admitted that the term selling the NHS is just a way of trying to get a message across.

Scaremongers is a term Neil has used.

Tories Getting a tough time on islamaphobia. Similar example as those put to Corbyn, same type of answers. Not good enough other than the apology for the hurt and distress.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

What did you think? Boris is going to sell the hospitals off to the yanks? 😂

Boris has been repeatedly saying the NHS is not for sale but that’s a meaningless statement. One that he knows he won’t be pulled up on.

I really hope you don’t contract some nasty disease that requires medicine the NHS no longer provides because the funding is no longer available.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Redo if that ever happened then people would be marching down the streets. It won't be allowed to happen.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

RedO wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:32 pm What did you think? Boris is going to sell the hospitals off to the yanks? 😂

Boris has been repeatedly saying the NHS is not for sale but that’s a meaningless statement. One that he knows he won’t be pulled up on.

I really hope you don’t contract some nasty disease that requires medicine the NHS no longer provides because the funding is no longer available.
Corbyn Mantra has been the Tories will sell off the NHS. The reply using the same meaningless term. Scaremongering. Conjures up visions of hospitals, clinics etc run by US Corporations from Chicago whose only interest is profits.

What was very clear from the interview was Labour are quoting some “expert” using a what if scenario that uses all sorts of assumptions. Now I have no issue with this type of hypothesis but it becomes very dangerous when such ideas become the cornerstone of Labour because it looks sexy. An idea built on straws. No substance at all. For example our drugs bill is £18 billion. This report suggests it will go up to £44 billion. In fairness the Tory guy he said no party of whatever colour would agree to that. He is right. If for no other reason it’s political suicide.

For what it’s worth the Tory said drug patients would not be on the agenda. If they were in the scoping document, the agenda if you like, it’s hard to believe the issue won’t come up. Apparently this type of discussion is commonplace on trade deals. That is a far cry from it being accepted.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

dOh Nut wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:54 pm
RedO wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:32 pm What did you think? Boris is going to sell the hospitals off to the yanks? 😂

Corbyn Mantra has been the Tories will sell off the NHS. The reply using the same meaningless term. Scaremongering. Conjures up visions of hospitals, clinics etc run by US Corporations from Chicago whose only interest is profits.

What was very clear from the interview was Labour are quoting some “expert” using a what if scenario that uses all sorts of assumptions. Now I have no issue with this type of hypothesis but it becomes very dangerous when such ideas become the cornerstone of Labour because it looks sexy. An idea built on straws. No substance at all. For example our drugs bill is £18 billion. This report suggests it will go up to £44 billion. In fairness the Tory guy he said no party of whatever colour would agree to that. He is right. If for no other reason it’s political suicide.

For what it’s worth the Tory said drug patients would not be on the agenda. If they were in the scoping document, the agenda if you like, it’s hard to believe the issue won’t come up. Apparently this type of discussion is commonplace on trade deals. That is a far cry from it being accepted.
And what makes you think that the UK will get any say in the matter whatsoever, once we're in a position of needing a FTA with the USA, post Brexit? The yanks are gonna say "Oh, well if you don't want to pay the extra then that's fine, we'll just back down because we care so much about you" ?? Really ?

You're priceless :lol: :lol:

We'll be lucky if they use lube, to be honest
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:41 pm Redo if that ever happened then people would be marching down the streets. It won't be allowed to happen.
Oh give over.

People are too thick to realise what’s going on.
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

RedO wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:08 pm
Thor wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:41 pm Redo if that ever happened then people would be marching down the streets. It won't be allowed to happen.
Oh give over.

People are too thick to realise what’s going on.
This 100%

Tory’s know the price of everything and the value of nothing, sadly.
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

Deary me :roll:
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

StillSpike wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:47 pm

And what makes you think that the UK will get any say in the matter whatsoever, once we're in a position of needing a FTA with the USA, post Brexit? The yanks are gonna say "Oh, well if you don't want to pay the extra then that's fine, we'll just back down because we care so much about you" ?? Really ?

That is,well what can I say, if you think that’s how it will work, fine. Not much point in having a sensible debate.
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

spen666 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:40 pm
Constantine wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:54 pm
spen666 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:13 pm So Corbyn's big reveal is an old 451 page document that mentions the NHS 4 times and does not say the NHS is up for sale

Nor were any of the meetings in these notes held under Boris
I wonder whether the foreign secretary at the time was involved in any of the meetings.
Why not read the documents to find out.

They are easily available, but why the Foreign Secretary would be involved in trade talks between officials not ministers is a strange one
Link please
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

dOh Nut wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:27 pm

That is,well what can I say, if you think that’s how it will work, fine. Not much point in having a sensible debate.
Usual. Talks poo poo. Gets owned. Bow's out of debate.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:47 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:27 pm

Usual. Talks poo poo. Gets owned. Bow's out of debate.
When trade talks start with the USA it will be in their interest over a very wide range of areas where they believe they and their workforce can gain through trade with the UK. Pharmaceuticals is just one of many areas of interest. If you believe they will pull the plug on the whole shbang just because of one small issue, cutting off their nose to spite their face, then fine.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

It's hardly cutting off their nose. They don't need us.

In a post-hard-brexit world, we are going to be reliant on them. We are literally f*cked.
StockholmO
Fresh Alias

Post by StockholmO »

Just because the many Labour NHS warnings in the past didn't come true, doesn't mean it won't come true this time.

My Mum always used to say that even a broken clock is right once a day.

Why take the chance? VOTE LABOUR

#notforsale #jeremy4PM