Uber Stripped of its License

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Uber Stripped of its License

Post by Max B Gold »

Fellowo wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:02 am The decision is just to steer the flack from the black cabbies away from Tfl and towards the legal system.
The decision is part of the legal process. Your comment about deflecting flack is irrelevant.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

point nine one eight wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:42 am
BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:23 am The sooner black cabs are off our roads the better.
You want a response well here it is silly sausage
Unsafe drivers who don't care about passenger safety, rip off, uncomfortable, unreliable, the case of the broken card machines en masse. The list goes on. Black cabs are archaic and unnecessary.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

What do you mean passenger safety? I thought that was one of their main selling points?

I can tell you now the card machines work, they have to, it’s an offence against the owner / driver to ensure they work. The drivers don’t like them cos the taxman will see what’s being taken and have to pay the appropriate amount of tax. If you come across one again tell him or her I will report you and I bet you find the machine will now work.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Thor wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:22 am What do you mean passenger safety? I thought that was one of their main selling points?

I can tell you now the card machines work, they have to, it’s an offence against the owner / driver to ensure they work. The drivers don’t like them cos the taxman will see what’s being taken and have to pay the appropriate amount of tax. If you come across one again tell him or her I will report you and I bet you find the machine will now work.
Resistance to the card machine is mainly because a third party gets a fee for processing the transaction and so the driver doesn't get to keep the whole fare.

We're having the same issue at the moment as more and more customers want to pay by card for paltry fares. So far resistance is holding. But I suspect the usual lilly livered spineless yellow bellied cowards will cave in.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Max as long as the % is reasonable the surely the service offered to your customers is increased?
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Thor wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:22 am What do you mean passenger safety? I thought that was one of their main selling points?

Reckless driving. In my job, we use black cabs to ferry staff around in extreme hours. I've lost count at the number of times they're not where they should be/they drop people off in unsafe areas. They talk on the phone with passengers in the car.

I know why they 'don't work', it's just ridiculous at how they slag off uber drivers like they're knights in shining armour who do nothing wrong.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:29 am

Resistance to the card machine is mainly because a third party gets a fee for processing the transaction and so the driver doesn't get to keep the whole fare.

We're having the same issue at the moment as more and more customers want to pay by card for paltry fares. So far resistance is holding. But I suspect the usual lilly livered spineless yellow bellied cowards will cave in.
The use of cards is here to stay. Sensible and convenient for the customer. Traders need to accept it. It’s the customer who pays their wages. Their convenience comes first. He who pays the piper etc.

Traders who continue to resist need to get up with the times.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Thor wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:30 am Max as long as the % is reasonable the surely the service offered to your customers is increased?
f*** the customers. The lazy fukkers can get cash from the many thousands of Autobank, Cashlines, electronic withdrawal machines etc etc before getting in the cab.

Why should I pay some of what I earn to some organisation who have contributed nothing to the service I have provided. It's a farkng liberty.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

dOh Nut wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:37 am
Max B Gold wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:29 am

The use of cards is here to stay. Sensible and convenient for the customer. Traders need to accept it. It’s the customer who pays their wages. Their convenience comes first. He who pays the piper etc.

Traders who continue to resist need to get up with the times.
Blah, blah, fuking blah.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:32 am

Reckless driving. In my job, we use black cabs to ferry staff around in extreme hours. I've lost count at the number of times they're not where they should be/they drop people off in unsafe areas. They talk on the phone with passengers in the car.

I know why they 'don't work', it's just ridiculous at how they slag off uber drivers like they're knights in shining armour who do nothing wrong.
Not to mention the odd routes they take, whilst the meter continues to tick over. Almost like they are doing their customers a favour.

Though in all honesty I have little time for cabbies much of the time. Parking on double yellows to let people out, causing hold ups for everybody else, I take care in our supermarket car park, they whiz around making pick ups not giving consideration to others and the station taxi rank, absolutely no consideration to people. It seems to me they feel as though because they are working, on the clock, professional drivers they have a devine right over other road users.

They don’t.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Yes we do and it's people like you in your Nissan Micras, Kia Prides, Chevrolet Matizes and Suzuki Altos clogging up the roads doing 20 mph who prevent honest working drivers from making a living and bring out the worst of their otherwise placid natures
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:52 am Yes we do and it's people like you in your Nissan Micras, Kia Prides, Chevrolet Matizes and Suzuki Altos clogging up the roads doing 20 mph who prevent honest working drivers from making a living and bring out the worst of their otherwise placid natures
I think Scabby McCabbie Maybe a tax dodger hence is hatred of card machines
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:52 am Yes we do and it's people like you in your Nissan Micras, Kia Prides, Chevrolet Matizes and Suzuki Altos clogging up the roads doing 20 mph who prevent honest working drivers from making a living and bring out the worst of their otherwise placid natures
Max, I drive a Mercedes so I guess I’m not in your hate list. Though Mrs dOh drives a Corsa. But I take your point, we should all vacate the roads and leave them to the professional drivers. That’s a very green suggestion.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

dOh Nut wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:00 am
Max, I drive a Mercedes so I guess I’m not in your hate list. Though Mrs dOh drives a Corsa. But I take your point, we should all vacate the roads and leave them to the professional drivers. That’s a very green suggestion.
What kind of Mercedes? I will check if it's on my list as the list above is not exhaustive by any means.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

So were the racist black cabbies right all along? It seems that all the different cabbies are up to no good. It is a profession that will attract the unskilled and uneducated, so perhaps that is why.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:05 am
What kind of Mercedes? I will check if it's on my list as the list above is not exhaustive by any means.
It a blue one Max.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

My first car when I was 17 was a Suzuki Alto. I trashed it within a few weeks, and it had it coming.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dunners wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:40 am
My first car when I was 17 was a Suzuki Alto. I trashed it within a few weeks, and it had it coming.
I'm pleased to hear it. It goes part of the way toward restoring by faith in humanity.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

dOh Nut wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:18 am

It a blue one Max.
Unlucky. It's on the list just before BMW's (All)
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:53 am
dOh Nut wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:18 am

It a blue one Max.
Unlucky. It's on the list just before BMW's (All)
No arguments from me about BMW drivers.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

dOh Nut wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:46 am
BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:32 am

Not to mention the odd routes they take, whilst the meter continues to tick over. Almost like they are doing their customers a favour.

Though in all honesty I have little time for cabbies much of the time. Parking on double yellows to let people out, causing hold ups for everybody else, I take care in our supermarket car park, they whiz around making pick ups not giving consideration to others and the station taxi rank, absolutely no consideration to people. It seems to me they feel as though because they are working, on the clock, professional drivers they have a devine right over other road users.

They don’t.
We do, we're allowed in bus lanes, we're allowed to stop on yellow lines for embarking passengers and disembarking the Disabled, also drop off unaccompanied children, for which we are all police checked. I'm also allowed to piss up against the back wheel of the cab, not sure if we're still supposed to carry bale of hay in the boot for old Dobin
Last edited by point nine one eight on Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

spen666 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:39 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:37 pm Maths?
Yeah, but how did they get the data to come to this figure.

Its not something you would expect to find recorded anywhere

it appears that Uber notified TfL of 43 drivers who had been removed from their system who had re-registered and these drivers accounted for the 14,000 journeys
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Wow that's madness
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

I am not surprised that Uber drivers swap identity, on every occasion I’ve used them the driver seems to be named Ali.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

The thing is, you have no idea who is taking you, no idea if the car is legal, no idea if they have all the correct documents and no idea if your safety is at risk.