ling needs to stepdown asap

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Re: ling needs to stepdown asap

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:55 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:40 pm Look. We know Ling will not step down nor will he be sacked by Travis and Teague. He is here for some time to come.

What needs to be addressed are some of his shortcomings. Travis has already said any new candidate will be invited to Boston to be assessed. Clearly removing that area from Ling is a step forward. T and T taking back a little control because Ling is not up to it. Progress and a rebuke for Ling.

As far as signing players is concerned we need an experienced manager who knows his stuff and can work with Ling on bringing the right players to the club. Sure mistakes can happen but having an experienced guy who knows what he wants will help. Is Ross that man? Not yet in my opinion.

Lings performance in a number of areas has recently been poor. His handling of the manager situation, his interviews, his expecting Ross to cover his arse. Not Director material. T and T will see all this. Private meetings will be had! But for now Ling is safe.
I go along with most of what you say there dOh. Look, I don't want to see Ling put out of a job, but for the benefit of the club, why not a slight push back in some other made up position with a wage reduction ? And then get this club recruiting properly for our next manager. And we wouldn't have much trouble attracting quality either: London club, fantastic transport links, and great owners...
If you are suggesting we get an experienced manager, give him control over 1st team matters including player recruitment - leaving Ling to sort out the other stuff, I’m with you.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

dOh Nut wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:09 pm
Chief crazy horse wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:55 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:40 pm Look. We know Ling will not step down nor will he be sacked by Travis and Teague. He is here for some time to come.

What needs to be addressed are some of his shortcomings. Travis has already said any new candidate will be invited to Boston to be assessed. Clearly removing that area from Ling is a step forward. T and T taking back a little control because Ling is not up to it. Progress and a rebuke for Ling.

As far as signing players is concerned we need an experienced manager who knows his stuff and can work with Ling on bringing the right players to the club. Sure mistakes can happen but having an experienced guy who knows what he wants will help. Is Ross that man? Not yet in my opinion.

Lings performance in a number of areas has recently been poor. His handling of the manager situation, his interviews, his expecting Ross to cover his arse. Not Director material. T and T will see all this. Private meetings will be had! But for now Ling is safe.
I go along with most of what you say there dOh. Look, I don't want to see Ling put out of a job, but for the benefit of the club, why not a slight push back in some other made up position with a wage reduction ? And then get this club recruiting properly for our next manager. And we wouldn't have much trouble attracting quality either: London club, fantastic transport links, and great owners...
If you are suggesting we get an experienced manager, give him control over 1st team matters including player recruitment - leaving Ling to sort out the other stuff, I’m with you.
What ‘other stuff’ would you trust Ling to ‘sort out’?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:00 pm Nothing is being removed from Ling. Just because NT wants to have people over to Boston doesn't mean he has torn up the process.
Correct and as Nigel explained, he will see that person in a variety of situations, in the morning for breakfast, at lunch, at dinner on a night out and at his own house. In all those situations he will be able to analyse the person better, get to know them personally under different circumstances and get a feel for who the person is.

That’s not taking anything away from ML, but could be argued strengthens the process and hopefully improves the clubs decision making ability on appointing a new manager.