ling needs to stepdown asap

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Re: ling needs to stepdown asap

Post by Lucky7 »

Apology😂😂
Reflecto
Fresh Alias

Post by Reflecto »

Martin Ling needs to step aside, down or be released.

We need an experienced, successful manager - given full responsibility for first team affairs and recruitment. Failure to do this will lead to relegation this season or next.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Reflecto wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:28 pm Martin Ling needs to step aside, down or be released.

We need an experienced, successful manager - given full responsibility for first team affairs and recruitment. Failure to do this will lead to relegation this season or next.
Absolutely, there are clearly some that are to blind to see.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Reflecto wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:28 pm Martin Ling needs to step aside, down or be released.

A brutal but accurate post .
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

"Absolutely, there are clearly some that are to blind to see."

There are also some who have a much better idea of what is going on in the club than those that descend to scapegoating when anything goes wrong.

Mikero
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:38 pm

Ling is putting Ross under massive pressure. Ross was very, very clear why he didn’t want the job, now we are led to believe Ross has had a massive light bulb moment and wants to be number 1 after all, just a few weeks later. Don’t believe it at all. The Fletcher incident was hardly inspiring. Ross is being played by Ling and being the decent guy Ross is, he is trying his best to help out.

Ling is dumping on Ross big time for one reason, Ling screwed up getting a new manager and don’t want to go through the process again, for fear he will get it wrong again. Don’t want his selection abilities criticised again so soon. Much easier to drop his mate in the sh*t, big him up and hope it all works out.

We all hope it works out. I personally wish Ross the best of luck, he learns quick and gets lucky in the transfer window. He deserves better from his boss. In the meantime the Justin Legacy is being pissed away.
Osal
Fresh Alias

Post by Osal »

Some decent points made there, doh
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

PKM wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:50 am hope I’m wrong but there seems almost a complacency over the current situation. There needs to be a thorough internal investigation and the following questions need answering
- Why have so many poor contracts been handed out by dof Ling? Eg Jobi, Coulson, Brill, Ling jr etc. Hampers us going forwards
-Is the current coaching set up fit for purpose? Do we need asst mgr, first team coach and another coach as well as a manager? Would the money not be better spent on the playing side?
-Is the dof position working for us and is Ling still the right man for it
-Why has it taken so long to address glaring weaknesses in the side, eg combative midfielders, Brill’s complete loss of form

There’s plenty more questions, these are uncomfortable questions but they need to be addressed if we are to progress.
There seems to be almost a case of burying our head in the sand and hope we make it in one piece to the end of the season, which is very dangerous thinking.
Totally agree with all the issues you raised. Too much sentiment given to players who have not performed this season.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

It will be interesting to see how much trust is put in Ross and Ling by T and T in the transfer window.
We desperately need some new blood but of course this will come at a cost and hopefully we can ship a few out to balance the books.

I think Ross would prefer a new Head Coach being appointed so he can slip back into his comfort zone of being a No.2, but I can’t see that happening following last weeks Q and A session.
Kent is in London at the moment I think he knows something needs to be done quickly to stop the team falling even lower and sorting out the mess created by Ling and whoever else was involved in appointing Carl Fletcher.
Tom Chance
Fresh Alias

Post by Tom Chance »

dOh Nut wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:58 pm

Ling is putting Ross under massive pressure. Ross was very, very clear why he didn’t want the job, now we are led to believe Ross has had a massive light bulb moment and wants to be number 1 after all, just a few weeks later. Don’t believe it at all. The Fletcher incident was hardly inspiring. Ross is being played by Ling and being the decent guy Ross is, he is trying his best to help out.

Ling is dumping on Ross big time for one reason, Ling screwed up getting a new manager and don’t want to go through the process again, for fear he will get it wrong again. Don’t want his selection abilities criticised again so soon. Much easier to drop his mate in the sh*t, big him up and hope it all works out.

We all hope it works out. I personally wish Ross the best of luck, he learns quick and gets lucky in the transfer window. He deserves better from his boss. In the meantime the Justin Legacy is being p*ssed away.
Totally agree Doh. Ling is throwing his mate under the bus to protect himself. Big changes needed throughout the club,
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

It wasn’t just the Fletcher cock up that is the problem. It’s the timing. The right choice and the new manager has time to assess the squad and line up a couple of new players for January, probably using L1/2 knowledge and contacts, dealing with the bigger clearance in June.

This window is effectively screwed. I don’t believe Ross is up to speed in sorting out what is needed. Will he be trusted with lots of money? Doubt it. But whoever he brings in, I wish us all luck.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Tom Chance wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:22 pm

We all hope it works out. I personally wish Ross the best of luck, he learns quick and gets lucky in the transfer window. He deserves better from his boss. In the meantime the Justin Legacy is being p*ssed away.
Totally agree Doh. Ling is throwing his mate under the bus to protect himself. Big changes needed throughout the club,
Sadly, I can only agree with all of this.

Nigel and Kent are experienced business guys, but I wonder how many times they've seen a stellar performance from an employee doing a job he's expressly stated he doesn't want and has already stepped down from once. I'd bet that's just about never.

To quote from a book I read recently "Sometimes drastic measures must be taken to clear the ground and get the organisation and staffing right before you start building a challenge culture".

Nigel, Kent - it's time.
Osal
Fresh Alias

Post by Osal »

Well if the owners do read this MB, they won't be in much doubt, what a lot of fans think, will it make a difference ..... probably not, but I guess you never know!
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Clearing out Ling and the coaching staff would be Becchettiesque, no wonder DohO approves.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Realistically we need a proper man manager, not a coach. If they appoint one of those there’s no reason why the current coaches could not work with him. The fact Fletch went ott and off script says more about him than them.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Thor wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:46 pm Realistically we need a proper man manager, not a coach. If they appoint one of those there’s no reason why the current coaches could not work with him. The fact Fletch went ott and off script says more about him than them.
Thing is that maybe Fletcher was right that some of the squad aren’t good enough as recent results and performances seem to suggest.
Ling would have to go before any good experienced man manager came in and tried to sort out the mess we’re currently in but I don’t see T and T sacking Ling for some time yet.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Cheshunto wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:02 pm
Thor wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:46 pm Realistically we need a proper man manager, not a coach. If they appoint one of those there’s no reason why the current coaches could not work with him. The fact Fletch went ott and off script says more about him than them.
Thing is that maybe Fletcher was right that some of the squad aren’t good enough as recent results and performances seem to suggest.
Ling would have to go before any good experienced man manager came in and tried to sort out the mess we’re currently in but I don’t see T and T sacking Ling for some time yet.
Absolutely false. We have already had two experienced managers under Ling and had Derek Adams lined up too.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:43 pm Clearing out Ling and the coaching staff would be Becchettiesque, no wonder DohO approves.
Not what I said. Stop screwing up a sensible debate with snide remarks. Thanks in advance
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

It's not a sensible debate, it's a bunch of thick old men talking bollocks.
claptonCasual
Fresh Alias

Post by claptonCasual »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:43 pm It's not a sensible debate, it's a bunch of thick old men talking bollocks.
And you're a moderator...
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Up until now I've been a supporter of Martin Ling's but I have to agree it's now beginning to look like he's throwing Ross under the bus . Nigel and Kent have got some tough decisions to make .
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:43 pm It's not a sensible debate, it's a bunch of thick old men talking bollocks.
Stop critising people who don’t have fresh air between their ears like you. If you can’t keep up, shame. Now go away and play with your rattle.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

claptonCasual wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:07 pm
Yes, not a good advert, is it .
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:14 pm

Up until now I've been a supporter of Martin Ling's but I have to agree it's now beginning to look like he's throwing Ross under the bus . Nigel and Kent have got some tough decisions to make .
I’ve been a Ling defender in the main. But I’ve revisited interviews and come to the conclusion Ross is being fed to the lions by Ling in order to save his own arse. To me that is the worst kind of betrayal. Pushing the positives for Ross whilst really being quite selfish. I struggle to view the interviews and come to any other conclusion. Far from Ling being the honest guy owning up when he gets it wrong, he’s covering up his own weaknesses at Ross Embletons expense.

I admire Ross immensely. In the hot seat, giving it a go, taking the flak. Trying to sort out a mess of Lings making. Whilst Ling it seems needs a rest from his hard work. With friends like Ling who needs enemies. Can’t see it any other way.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

claptonCasual wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:07 pm
And yet still allowed an opinion