Tories reach new low

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Tories reach new low

Post by Thor »

At least Corbyn can be trusted more than Boris can be. Trusted that is to take more than half your money from you!
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

" If you don't support the Conservative party why not look at threads about a party you do support?"

Isn't that what people were trying to do on twitter when they ran into a whole raft of Tory fake tweets? On here a thread about a Party is used to denigrate that party not support it, why would you want to read that?

Mikero
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

" Trusted that is to take more than half your money from you!"

Thank you for promoting us all to the top tax bracket.

Mikero
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Honestly I don't know how people can vote for this party. I can understand being right-wing, or even bigoted, but to vote for this bunch of self-serving, dishonest bunch intent on taking the country for mugs is just unbelievable.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Tory scum. Next thing they will be involved in fixing the voting. Though Labour activists have a head start in that.
VeganO
Fresh Alias

Post by VeganO »

I despise the Conservative Party & in my view are never to be trusted.
However what I will say is that in my view the OP is right.
We have thus far seen a campaign of lies, deceit & misinformation. Examples are:

The twitter fact check deception.
The deliberate editing of an interview with Starmer to make it look like he couldn't answer a question & then lying about it afterwards.
They have also done something similar in the last few days to Jess Phillips.
We have Boris Johnson whose constant lying & cheating is well documented. He is now being investigated for misconduct in office re his relationship with Jennifer Accuri when he was London Mayor.
Producing the fake Labour manifesto.

Politics is not for the faint hearted but this is really dirty stuff. They will do anything to hold onto power.

This damages & corrodes our democracy ( lets not forget the illegal closing down of Parliament as well ) The best thing that could happen is for this corrupt bunch to be swept out of power regardless of who takes the reins, whether that be Corbyn, Swinson, a coalition not involving the Tories.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

VeganO wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:46 pm I despise the Conservative Party & in my view are never to be trusted.
We have thus far seen a campaign of lies, deceit & misinformation. Examples are:

The deliberate editing of an interview with Starmer to make it look like he couldn't answer a question & then lying about it afterwards.
We have Boris Johnson whose constant lying & cheating is well documented. He is now being investigated for misconduct in office re his relationship with Jennifer Accuri when he was London Mayor.

Politics is not for the faint hearted but this is really dirty stuff. They will do anything to hold onto power.

This damages & corrodes our democracy ( lets not forget the illegal closing down of Parliament as well ) The best thing that could happen is for this corrupt bunch to be swept out of power regardless of who takes the reins, whether that be Corbyn, Swinson, a coalition not involving the Tories.
If you believe it’s only the Tories that do this stuff you live in cloud cuckoo land. Get real. Politics is a nasty business and nobody comes out well
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Give us examples of what other parties have done that ranks as low as this then.

Good luck with that.
VeganO
Fresh Alias

Post by VeganO »

dOh Nut wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:04 pm
VeganO wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:46 pm I despise the Conservative Party & in my view are never to be trusted.

If you believe it’s only the Tories that do this stuff you live in cloud cuckoo land. Get real. Politics is a nasty business and nobody comes out well
Show me Mafi where I said that only the Tories behave in an underhand way. I am commenting on the scale of it which in my memory is unprecedented.Stop being an apologist for the nasty party.
Also point me to another British PM/politician whose lying & cheating has been on the scale of Johnson & over such a long period of time. Does anyone believe anything he says?
Justify your comments.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

He won't. The response will along these lines:

"Don't need to. You want to see examples, go and look for them yourself, I haven't got the time. Can't trust any politician as far as you can throw them. All know that they're all as bad as each other. Just wish there was a decent candidate for me to vote for"

but probably in a lot more words.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

VeganO - Its not just the scale of it. The "it" is different. Its made up lies or Goebbels type propoganda.

They have crossed the line with their outright manipulation and falsification.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

RedO wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:13 pm Give us examples of what other parties have done that ranks as low as this then.

Good luck with that.
Give it a rest, You know like the rest of us. Not getting involved in stupidity with your comments. Sussed your style. Go away little boy, won’t engage with you.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:53 pm VeganO - Its not just the scale of it. The "it" is different. Its made up lies or Goebbels type propoganda.

And have done it repeatedly. The editing of the Keir Starmer interview was a disgrace.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:53 pm VeganO - Its not just the scale of it. The "it" is different. Its made up lies or Goebbels type propoganda.

Nice one Max. Up to speed I see.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

dOh Nut wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:06 pm
RedO wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:13 pm Give us examples of what other parties have done that ranks as low as this then.

Good luck with that.
Give it a rest, You know like the rest of us. Not getting involved in stupidity with your comments. Sussed your style. Go away little boy, won’t engage with you.
You have been called out and your unwillingness to provide evidence has been duly noted.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Disoriented wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:07 pm

Good luck with that.
You have been called out and your unwillingness to provide evidence has been duly noted.
Normally Dis, as you know Im usually very happy to get involved with long running debates. But RedO is a WUM whose MO is to say stuff just to be outrageous or controversial. Won’t waste my time with him. Maybe in a few years when he grows up.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

I can never die I’m Chuck Norris
f*** the Government and f*** Boris
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Lucky7 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:12 pm I can never die I’m Chuck Norris
f*** the Government and f*** Boris
My sentiments too. But the issue is the alternative is a dire one. The choice is who is the least worst. Best of a bad bunch.

Boris edges that, which shows just how crap Corbyn is in my opinion.

I hope that soon the Labour Party regroup under another leader.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

It’s still only early days. Can’t even begin to imagine what other scams they’ve got up their cyber sleeve. It’s like something out of an Orwell classic.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

dOh Nut wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:11 pm

Normally Dis, as you know Im usually very happy to get involved with long running debates. But RedO is a WUM whose MO is to say stuff just to be outrageous or controversial. Won’t waste my time with him. Maybe in a few years when he grows up.
So predictable. :clown
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

The only thing I can think of is the Lib Dem’s and the dodgy tactical voting websites. But that doesn’t come close.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:14 pm

Not biting. There are a few real thickOs on here. Not interested in getting involved.

Life’s too short to engage with idiots
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

dOh Nut wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:29 pm

Not biting. There are a few real thickOs on here. Not interested in getting involved.

And yet, somehow, here we all are engaging with you.
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

The law is so far behind on social media matters that this was bound to happen, if you printed these things in an election leaflet you would be quite rightly fined large sums of money.

Mikero
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

dOh Nut wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:29 pm

Nothing to do with biting. You've said
If you believe it’s only the Tories that do this stuff you live in cloud cuckoo land. Get real
But you have not come up with a single example of this. Time to reassess your views I think.