Tories reach new low

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Tories reach new low

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:53 pm

Don't forget most of the atrocities the Nazis perpetrated were not unlawful.
Don't go all spenny on us.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

RedO wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:09 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:53 pm

Don't go all spenny on us.
Please step well away from the bait.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:53 pm The Tories are allowed to pick and choose which laws to observe. They have a general disdain for the law when it doesn't suite them or the interests they represent.

Like all far right authoritarians they will use the undermining of the law to advocate more laws to control society and put their men in place to administer it.

More laws to control the people were put in place under Bliar or have you forgot that?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Thor wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:57 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:53 pm The Tories are allowed to pick and choose which laws to observe. They have a general disdain for the law when it doesn't suite them or the interests they represent.

Like all far right authoritarians they will use the undermining of the law to advocate more laws to control society and put their men in place to administer it.

More laws to control the people were put in place under Bliar or have you forgot that?
Look wise guy. If you are going to post ridiculous pish please leave the Board. There's no room for that kind of stuff on here.

I had taken you off the foe list on a probationary basis but you are now back on it.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

West Side Story wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:00 am My brother & sister-in-law are fairly comfortable off and elderly. She broke her hip on Monday & spent 5 hours on a trolley and ambulance people had to hang around all the while. Yet they are enthusiastic Tory supporters, were moaning about state of NHS. They seem unable to put 2 & 2 together.
The nhs has needed sorting for as long as I can remember, that's under both tory and labour rule. The issue ha always been thay either party has been too scared to modernise it in the way it needs, I'm not talking privatisation as I'm dead against that, but making it fit for purpose. Stop over paying for drugs for example, get rid of some of the very highly paid pen pushers, pay the doctors and nurses a proper pay aligned to their skills, new hospitals, modernise the old ones and so on.

However, all that costs money and do the people want to pay more? I would, other wouldn't. Again neither party has ever wanted to say "it will cost you" I know the lib dems said it years ago, but let's be honest I've got as much chance of going to the moon as they have of getting in power.

Today I'm sitting in A&E as my mother in law has been rushed here. It's been quite sometime since I've been in such a place, and OMG there are so many loafers in here. People who could and should go to see the nurse at their doctors. They don't need the hospital, they need a doctor or nurse from their surgery. Some look well with the Joy's of spring, some for sure are just wasting the NHS's time and money.

Don't get me started on the fake Canada Goose jackets!
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

I do hope your MiL gets better soon.

I wonder if some of the pressure on A&E is because people can't access the services of their local GP practice?
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Thor wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:20 pm ...

The nhs has needed sorting for as long as I can remember, that's under both tory and labour rule. The issue ha always been thay either party has been too scared to modernise it in the way it needs, I'm not talking privatisation as I'm dead against that, but making it fit for purpose. Stop over paying for drugs for example, get rid of some of the very highly paid pen pushers, pay the doctors and nurses a proper pay aligned to their skills, new hospitals, modernise the old ones and so on.

I concur. However, all we hear from politicians on all sides is how much extra we are giving to the NHS. Funding for the NHS has for many years risen faster than inflation.

Throwing money at this fiscal black hole is not the solution- alone. The money needs to be spent properly and prudently.

The argument only seems to be who spends more on the NHS rather than how the money is actually used. There is far to much money wasted in the NHS.

A wholesale look at the use of the NHS needs to be conducted. For example too many people go to A&E because they struggle to be seen elsewhere. We need to address this to reduce the pressure on A&E.

Bed blocking is another issue. Problems elsewhere in the Social Care system need to be looked at to help resolve this
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

At our local A&E there is a GP emergency service next to it where minor ailments are directed.

There aren't enough doctors or dentists in the NHS. The Tories have been running it into the ground in England with a drive to marketisation of the service. A process started by Blair.

Thank God we have Nicola to look after our part of the NHS up here in the colonies.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fisch »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:53 pm Don't forget most of the atrocities the Nazis perpetrated were not unlawful.
A scary prospect yet a justified observation l fear.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Thor wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:20 pm
West Side Story wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:00 am My brother & sister-in-law are fairly comfortable off and elderly. She broke her hip on Monday & spent 5 hours on a trolley and ambulance people had to hang around all the while. Yet they are enthusiastic Tory supporters, were moaning about state of NHS. They seem unable to put 2 & 2 together.

However, all that costs money and do the people want to pay more? I would, other wouldn't. Again neither party has ever wanted to say "it will cost you" I know the lib dems said it years ago, but let's be honest I've got as much chance of going to the moon as they have of getting in power.

Today I'm sitting in A&E as my mother in law has been rushed here. It's been quite sometime since I've been in such a place, and OMG there are so many loafers in here. People who could and should go to see the nurse at their doctors. They don't need the hospital, they need a doctor or nurse from their surgery. Some look well with the Joy's of spring, some for sure are just wasting the NHS's time and money.

Have you tried to get a GP appointment recently?

How do you know that those people don't have an injury that you might not be able to obviously see? Do you think people go to A&E for the fun of it?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:04 pm At our local A&E there is a GP emergency service next to it where minor ailments are directed.

There aren't enough doctors or dentists in the NHS. The Tories have been running it into the ground in England with a drive to marketisation of the service. A process started by Blair.

Thank God we have Nicola to look after our part of the NHS up here in the colonies.
Sturgeon in charge of that is a good thing, is it ? If that’s what you think than God help you if and when you get independence
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

The NHS:

1. More investment is needed in medical and care staff.
2. The administration and operational management is awful (and has been for years - regardless of funding). Fixing that will be very complex and would require tough change-management skills.
3. Cuts to other services means that the NHS ends up picking up the slack, which adds to the strain on a stretched service. Smarter investment in local social care and services would enable to NHS to make better use of its resources.
4. But that doesn't let us off the hook either. On any of the occasions I have had to spend time in A&E it has always been apparent that there are a people there who are taking the piss. We all have a duty to use our NHS responsibly.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dunners wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:00 pm The NHS:

2. The administration and operational management is awful (and has been for years - regardless of funding). Fixing that will be very complex and would require tough change-management skills.
3. Cuts to other services means that the NHS ends up picking up the slack, which adds to the strain on a stretched service. Smarter investment in local social care and services would enable to NHS to make better use of its resources.
4. But that doesn't let us off the hook either. On any of the occasions I have had to spend time in A&E it has always been apparent that there are a people there who are taking the p*ss. We all have a duty to use our NHS responsibly.
're No 4. Are you saying that from the position of a medically qualified practitioner or is it just coming out of your arse?

Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

dOh Nut wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:55 am
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:39 am No idea, but it seems very misleading and wrong.
Politicians giving misleading information out. Whatever next.
This isn’t misleading, it is downright deliberate deception.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:13 pm Image
A sensible post from you at last.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:39 pm
Dunners wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:00 pm The NHS:

4. But that doesn't let us off the hook either. On any of the occasions I have had to spend time in A&E it has always been apparent that there are a people there who are taking the p*ss. We all have a duty to use our NHS responsibly.
're No 4. Are you saying that from the position of a medically qualified practitioner or is it just coming out of your arse?

Neither, but as a stakeholder.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Guys, don’t let the usually suspect right whingers - the likes of Thor, spen, dunnem et al - take this off track.

This is about blatant deception from the Tory part, nothing else.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Red_Army wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:48 pm
Thor wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:20 pm

Have you tried to get a GP appointment recently?

How do you know that those people don't have an injury that you might not be able to obviously see? Do you think people go to A&E for the fun of it?
I have in 12 years under my current doctors never had a problem of seeing my doctor, never had to wait, never been refused. Maybe we are lucky, but if i were to phone tomorrow I'd be in to see my doctor that day.

I do believe from what i saw today, yes some of them are there for the fun of it. I was actually going to ask the person running the desk why are they putting up with it, but thought better just leave it.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I call Jackathory.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Say what you want, I know the facts. We have a good doctors period, always has been and hopefully always will be.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

RedO wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:48 pmI call Jackathory.
Jacka naka tory
Last edited by Max B Gold on Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

If you say so.

I can only speak from my experience and our GP surgery is in meltdown. I’m sure everyone else will have similar experiences. Other than you, obvs.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Just maybe our trust is a good one? It's not rocket science is it? We have good schools, we have good open spaces, we have good doctors all under tory control. No sign of any left wing zealots where I live, just good services.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Sounds ideal, Thor. Where is that?