Johnson v Corbyn

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Johnson v Corbyn

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Redcard wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:17 pm Redo. You are doing exactly what corbyn did, avoiding a direct question. He was asked, and I will put it again just In case you missed the half a dozen times he was asked HOW WOULD HE , HE, HE, HE, HE, CAMPAIGN FOR OR AGAINST BREXIT. Not about putting it to the people, but how would HE, HE, HE, HE personally campaign. FOR OR AGAINST.
Jesus, can’t you get it.
He’s going to negotiate the best deal he can, then let the people decide.

How can he comment when he doesn’t know the deal yet?
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Redcard wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:32 pm That would just about sum up you and your fellow Marxist supporters Maxie boy, “didn’t watch it, but sounds like corbyn won easily”. Well I’ve news for you, no he didn’t. In typical fashion he was evasive and never answered the questions, where does he stand on brexit, will he rule out another Scottish referendum. Johnson won hands down, all corbyn could do is harp on with the nonsensical accusation that the Tory’s would sell out the n.h.s.
Yeah, he did. He said the people will decide Brexit, what does it matter if he'd campaign for it or not? It doesn't and you know it doesn't. Corbyn answered in detail about everything, unlike Johnson who kept bringing it back to Brexit. Oh, and he lied several times. The start of your message sums up your biased view.
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

Still spike, corbyn knows exactly where he stands on brexit, he is just such a devious b*stard that he is avoiding making it public.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Redcard wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:20 pm Still spike, corbyn knows exactly where he stands on brexit, he is just such a devious b*stard that he is avoiding making it public.
Devious b*stard? Claimed by the man who thought a man who lied several times on national tv won the debate hands down? You really are stupid, jesus christ.
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

Having just watched steptoe, I am now watching the krankie.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Redcard wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:20 pm Still spike, corbyn knows exactly where he stands on brexit, he is just such a devious b*stard that he is avoiding making it public.
Only an idiot would "know exactly where he stands on brexit" without actually knowing exactly what brexit would look like.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

StillSpike wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:26 pm
Only an idiot would "know exactly where he stands on brexit" without actually knowing exactly what brexit would look like.
DOESNT MATTER, 17.4 MILLION PEOPLE HAVE SPOKED!
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

Biggsy, I would sooner a man who you claimed lied several times than someone who laid a wreath in honour of the mastermind of the Munich massacre, marched in support of the i.r.a, regards them, hezbullah and hammas as his friends, thinks we should adopt the venezualian model for our economy, and promises ludicrous pre election offers that if implemented would bankrupt the country.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Redcard wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:33 pm Biggsy, I would sooner a man who you claimed lied several times than someone who laid a wreath in honour of the mastermind of the Munich massacre, marched in support of the i.r.a, regards them, hezbullah and hammas as his friends, thinks we should adopt the venezualian model for our economy, and promises ludicrous pre election offers that if implemented would bankrupt the country.
:lol:
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

Still spike. I get it now, don’t ask the millions of British people, they are all idiots. Except you, in your opinion.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Redcard wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:35 pm Still spike. I get it now, don’t ask the millions of British people, they are all idiots. Except you, in your opinion.
They’re not all idiots, redcard.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Corbyn won by a country mile. Boris tried as usual to be the bully boy he is and constantly would not shut up when asked politely to by the interviewer.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Corbyn won by a country mile. Boris tried as usual to be the bully boy he is and constantly would not shut up when asked politely to by the interviewer.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Redcard wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:33 pm Biggsy, I would sooner a man who you claimed lied several times than someone who laid a wreath in honour of the mastermind of the Munich massacre, marched in support of the i.r.a, regards them, hezbullah and hammas as his friends, thinks we should adopt the venezualian model for our economy, and promises ludicrous pre election offers that if implemented would bankrupt the country.
You believe all of that? You really are stupid. Nothing wrong with showing solidarity with the IRA, even though he didn't.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

How did Jeremy Thorpe do in the debate?
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

PoundhillO wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:47 pm Corbyn won by a country mile. Boris tried as usual to be the bully boy he is and constantly would not shut up when asked politely to by the interviewer.
Not according to the poll

Corbyn never won by a mile, or even an inch.

Poll says Boris won 51:49
RBMarshall
Fresh Alias

Post by RBMarshall »

I don't get a chance to vote but in my echo chamber that is social media you would think Corbyn is going to win this but then you see the bookies offering 12-1 against a Labour victory actually happening and the reality hits home.
If you genuinely believe it is going to happen then you should go to every money lender there is and plough as much money as you can on a Labour victory. You will be so enormously rich at the end of it you might become a Tory so in winning you will have actually lost.
Good luck!
Ps you're even more mental put all that money on Orient getting promotion.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

spen666 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:50 pm
PoundhillO wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:47 pm Corbyn won by a country mile. Boris tried as usual to be the bully boy he is and constantly would not shut up when asked politely to by the interviewer.
Not according to the poll

Corbyn never won by a mile, or even an inch.

Poll says Boris won 51:49
The poll is about as reliable as Boris not being caught out lying !
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

I won.

Managed to work late enough to miss this borefest.
Article_50
Fresh Alias

Post by Article_50 »

Why do we need an audience...…… The chairperson could ask exactly the same questions and it would be a slicker production
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

It's really refreshing to read all these honest unbiased opinions .
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Redcard wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:17 pm Redo. You are doing exactly what corbyn did, avoiding a direct question. He was asked, and I will put it again just In case you missed the half a dozen times he was asked HOW WOULD HE , HE, HE, HE, HE, CAMPAIGN FOR OR AGAINST BREXIT. Not about putting it to the people, but how would HE, HE, HE, HE personally campaign. FOR OR AGAINST.
Jesus, can’t you get it.
It's irrelevant what he would do. He will follow the will of the people as a good politician should do.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Yougov poll Boris 51% Corbyn 49%

Boris is the winner
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Thor wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:43 am Yougov poll Boris 51% Corbyn 49%

Boris is the winner
Not agreeing or disagreeing, however I have a hunch that Corbyn's team are the happiest this morning.

Anyway, it's also worth looking at a few of the underlying indicators beneath that (very tight) Yougov headline result:

Trustworthy
Corbyn 45
Johnson 40

Prime ministerial
Corbyn 29
Johnson 54

Likeable
Corbyn 37
Johnson 54

In touch with ordinary people
Corbyn 59
Johnson 25

It would appear that people do not consider being in touch or trustworthy as likeable or Prime ministerial qualities. :?

Then there's the ITV poll on who won; Corbyn 78%, Johnson 22%. Personally that is too high a difference and suggests the polling is compromised, so I'm tended to go with the YouGov version as a metric for how the general viewing public reacted.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:18 am It's really refreshing to read all these honest unbiased opinions .
A few of us tried to keep it sensible for the first two pages, but then the usual idiots from both sides descended.