Pitch Invasion Saturday

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Pitch Invasion Saturday

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Maybe some people think that not being able to see the moment the trophy was presented is more than a storm in a teacup?
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

To be fair the trophy was a bit bigger than a teacup and storm Hannah was a mere south westerly but it was a bit cold
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:49 pm Maybe some people think that not being able to see the moment the trophy was presented is more than a storm in a teacup?
Move on, I did. Not left me scarred or seeking either revenge or compensation.
Philip J. Fry
Fresh Alias

Post by Philip J. Fry »

I went on the pitch for about 10 minutes and then went back to my seat, looking forward to watching the team lift the trophy. Not sure why a couple of hundred fans thought this moment was too huge to be anymore than 10 feet away from. It's selfish from them, if not a little pathetic, but the club really shouldn't have allowed the trophy presentation until after the pitch was cleared.
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

Esteban wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:28 am
NOM wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:22 am Someone who likes a punch up in the Green Man allegedly 🤡
I wasn’t on TapTalk

I don’t like punch ups at all.

I also don’t like how hiding behind a keyboard emboldens miserable old farts to throw insults around. I make a point of highlighting how they are almost certainly nowhere near as abusive and insulting in real life.

I’m certainly learning the hard way that The committee of message board bores really are relentless.
Just go away as clearly you don’t understand and no one is hiding away behind a keyboard. You need,in my opinion, to think of others but imagine you probably don’t stand in queues or open doors for women and older people, or give up your seat on a crowded tube.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Winchesterfan wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:55 pm
NOM wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:22 am Someone who likes a punch up in the Green Man allegedly 🤡
I wasn’t on TapTalk

I also don’t like how hiding behind a keyboard emboldens miserable old farts to throw insults around. I make a point of highlighting how they are almost certainly nowhere near as abusive and insulting in real life.

I’m certainly learning the hard way that The committee of message board bores really are relentless.
Just go away as clearly you don’t understand and no one is hiding away behind a keyboard. You need,in my opinion, to think of others but imagine you probably don’t stand in queues or open doors for women and older people, or give up your seat on a crowded tube.
Again with the wild assumptions. Really is sad.

As mentioned, I didn't actually stay on the pitch after the initial invasion. I'm simply explaining why others may have done so.

The idea that because some people got a bit carried away celebrating you have the right to make ridiculous statements about their character really is pathetic.

And no, I won't go away. You're the one who decided to start throwing sh*t in my direction, so don't get in a huff when I give it back.

I realise that it makes you feel good to act all superior and slander the character of people you've never met based on some overzealous celebrations during a momentous day, but in reality it's just a bit sad and pathetic. Get a grip and grow up.

You know nothing about me, so stop painting an illusion in your crusty old head.
Last edited by Esteban on Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

Philip J. Fry wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:42 pm the club really shouldn't have allowed the trophy presentation until after the pitch was cleared.
Suspect they were under pressure from the BT Sport director to get it done before they went over to their score centre programme.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Philip J. Fry wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:42 pm I went on the pitch for about 10 minutes and then went back to my seat, looking forward to watching the team lift the trophy. Not sure why a couple of hundred fans thought this moment was too huge to be anymore than 10 feet away from. It's selfish from them, if not a little pathetic, but the club really shouldn't have allowed the trophy presentation until after the pitch was cleared.
Hilariously, I'm almost exactly the same as you in regard to what I actually did on the day. But the message board bores have decided to make me pariah for having the audacity to suggest that a few people getting carried away is understandable and it's unfair to make sweeping statements about the character of people who they have never met.

But this message board is a very strange place, and there appears to be a large number of miserable old killjoys who revel in chucking insults at whoever behaves slightly different to them.

The concept of nuances is utterly vacant in a lot of boarders. Sad really.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

You are guilty of ageism how do you plead?🤡
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

This thread is the most Orient thing ever. Well done all.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Heh.

I was on the pitch, then I got off it. Was pretty bored of the hold up before the ceremony, don't know why they didn't just get on with it. Same with the lap of honour, which seemed a bit superfluous anyway.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

On YouTube there is footage titled “Leyton Orient Fans ruin the championship trophy presentation” also in the footage JE can be seen trying to get the crowd to go back. Not just people on here who feel it went too far.
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

Some right moany old gits on here, we got back in the league ain't that enough for you.
Suppose you would prefer we go up via the play offs next time and save all the angst of not seeing the pot raised.
Last edited by one o in huntingdon on Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Oh well, if someone with an agenda chose a title on the video they uploaded to YouTube, it must be true.
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:53 pm Oh well, if someone with an agenda chose a title on the video they uploaded to YouTube, it must be true.
Exactly my thinking and while we are at it, took me ages to get served in the Coach, inconsiderate supporters crowding the place out
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:53 pm Oh well, if someone with an agenda chose a title on the video they uploaded to YouTube, it must be true.
The shots of JE trying to get the people to move back definitely are true! I guess he too has an agenda. Idiot!
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

Esteban wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:04 pm

I wasn’t on TapTalk

As mentioned, I didn't actually stay on the pitch after the initial invasion. I'm simply explaining why others may have done so.

The idea that because some people got a bit carried away celebrating you have the right to make ridiculous statements about their character really is pathetic.

And no, I won't go away. You're the one who decided to start throwing sh*t in my direction, so don't get in a huff when I give it back.

I realise that it makes you feel good to act all superior and slander the character of people you've never met based on some overzealous celebrations during a momentous day, but in reality it's just a bit sad and pathetic. Get a grip and grow up.

You know nothing about me, so stop painting an illusion in your crusty old head.
Where is the insult to you in return for you calling me a miserable old fart?
I'm bored of your obsession and trying to justify the pitch invasion against the wishes of the club and majority of fans. So suggest we call a truce and agree to differ on this but agree that we both support a fantastic team and looking forward to returning to the EFL, Up the O's
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

dOh Nut wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:55 pm
The shots of JE trying to get the people to move back definitely are true! I guess he too has an agenda. Idiot!
Does that mean you think we should have vacated the pitch two years ago because we were requested to do so?
So would it have been right as another old stager suggested to drive us off then by turning on the sprinklers or making arrests.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Not talking about two years ago. talking about 2 days ago. nice try at redirection.
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

dOh Nut wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:09 pm Not talking about two years ago. talking about 2 days ago. nice try at redirection.
Its the same thing, on the pitch and not leaving when asked.
How is that redirection?
Can't have it just when it suits you
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

one o in huntingdon wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:14 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:09 pm Not talking about two years ago. talking about 2 days ago. nice try at redirection.
Its the same thing, on the pitch and not leaving when asked.
How is that redirection?
Can't have it just when it suits you
We are discussing the events of Saturday. Nothing to do with 2 years ago, 49 years ago or back in the early 60's nor pitch invasions that's have happened at other grounds around the country. They have no relevance at all. Different times, different circumstance.

bringing up such stuff sounds to me like an admission that some people on the day just got it wrong.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

NOM wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:39 pm Have you got the ability to get on the pitch?
How wrong you where
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

Esteban wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:50 pm The real question is, who has the cajones to go on first?

I’ll go on, but only if everybody else does. I’m a coward like that.
Proper glory hunter post I like this one 😂
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Winchesterfan wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:04 pm
Esteban wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:04 pm

Where is the insult to you in return for you calling me a miserable old fart?
I'm bored of your obsession and trying to justify the pitch invasion against the wishes of the club and majority of fans. So suggest we call a truce and agree to differ on this but agree that we both support a fantastic team and looking forward to returning to the EFL, Up the O's
I fully respect the truce.

Agree to disagree!

Arguing over this is mental. We just won the league.

Please accept my apologies for being rude to you.

Really isn’t worth it!
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

Esteban wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:45 pm
gshaw wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:38 pm
Red_Army wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:23 pm What a boring bunch. We won't get a points deduction for invading the pitch. Who really cares about a lap of honour, really?
Players and their families perhaps?
Has everybody forgotten that there is an FA trophy final in a few weeks? The players can do their lap of honor then.

Having seen this clip of Lincoln at the weekend I've decided I want a bit of this:

This for real we play at Brisbane Rd not Wembley stadium