Martin Ling is untouchable

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Martin Ling is untouchable

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Davis's claim to fame I believe was Crewe. You see, when we talk about experienced managers, generally speaking, we also mean a bit high profile, with a bit of character or someone with personality. Davis hardly had any of those attributes. So it's one, not two.
eppingo
Fresh Alias

Post by eppingo »

i just can't accept ling and never will hearn sacked him and we should have never of taken him back. he has cost the club a lot of money with the last managerial appointment plus giving sub standard players 2 year contracts he is no club legend in my opinion, but the usual happy clappys will lap him up
whatever he does, the way he conducted himself at the Q&A was a disgrace but I'm not suprised. it will only be a matter of time before mr teague clears the lot out Ling embleton macnuff and webb and we can get back to normality and not just doing favours for family and mates
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:29 pm Yes it does, its quite simple. Can you not see the problem with saying "Ling wont appoint experienced coaches", when 2 out of 3 coaches he has appointed were experienced?
Experienced with what - failure?
Constantine
Fresh Alias

Post by Constantine »

Davis got Crewe promoted from League 2.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:09 pm Davis's claim to fame I believe was Crewe. You see, when we talk about experienced managers, generally speaking, we also mean a bit high profile, with a bit of character or someone with personality. Davis hardly had any of those attributes. So it's one, not two.
It’s two. Get over it.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

eppingo wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:50 pm i just can't accept ling and never will hearn sacked him and we should have never of taken him back. he has cost the club a lot of money with the last managerial appointment plus giving sub standard players 2 year contracts he is no club legend in my opinion, but the usual happy clappys will lap him up
whatever he does, the way he conducted himself at the Q&A was a disgrace but I'm not suprised. it will only be a matter of time before mr teague clears the lot out Ling embleton macnuff and webb and we can get back to normality and not just doing favours for family and mates
When you look at what he cost the club you need to balance against what revenue he has helped the club earn either via players sales profits, promotion and the improved strength Macklin has when negotiating with sponsors. And of course merchandise sales boosted by promotion.

I’m willing to bet he has generated more income that this one cost. Balance needed here.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

dOh Nut wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:54 pm
eppingo wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:50 pm i just can't accept ling and never will hearn sacked him and we should have never of taken him back. he has cost the club a lot of money with the last managerial appointment plus giving sub standard players 2 year contracts he is no club legend in my opinion, but the usual happy clappys will lap him up
When you look at what he cost the club you need to balance against what revenue he has helped the club earn either via players sales profits, promotion and the improved strength Macklin has when negotiating with sponsors. And of course merchandise sales boosted by promotion.

I’m willing to bet he has generated more income that this one cost. Balance needed here.
200k and 300k for Bonne and Koroma, great bit of business there :roll:
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

dOh Nut wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:49 pm
Chief crazy horse wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:09 pm Davis's claim to fame I believe was Crewe. You see, when we talk about experienced managers, generally speaking, we also mean a bit high profile, with a bit of character or someone with personality. Davis hardly had any of those attributes. So it's one, not two.
It’s two. Get over it.
I don’t have to get over anything. Give it a bit of thought instead of basing it on a promotion from league two. A well known high profile manager for the lower leagues with a bit of action about him... It's one.