Ratings thread

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Ratings thread

Post by gshaw »

Same old same old, Scunthorpe wanted it more and scored with two great strikes. If that was our players looking like a weight had been lifted from them we're in trouble.

Brill - 5 - no chance with the first, maybe went down too early for the second but need to watch it back as the finish was good.
Happe - 5 - roasted down the line in build-up to the first. Looked uncomfortable up until he was subbed. That's what happens when you have no LB cover.
Coulson - 5 - ball kept coming at the defence
Ekpiteta - 5 - as above
Ling - 6 - one extra point for a goal-saving clearance (assist credited to Lucky7 spotting who made it)

Brophy - 5 - never really got into the game then shunted to LB later on. Had a shot, which is more than can be said for most of the side
Clay - 2 - hopeless, can't pass, doesn't run, can't tackle but seems to be untouchable
Wright - 5 - at least tries to get forward and make a few tackles but partnered with Clay was always going to lose the CM battle
JMD - 5 - whipped in some decent crosses but faded as game wore on. Could still come good in a better setup.

Harrold - 5 - looking like a 35 y/o who's had to play too many games. Nice bits of link-up play at times but didn't win enough aerial battles today.
Dennis - 4 - saw someone say he looked like a winger playing upfront, pretty accurate. Lots of shimmy little end product

Subs

Angol - 5 - showed pace is OK after his injury, flashes of quality that give hope when he can start games
Alabi - 4 - missed an open goal again, standard
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Ratings thread

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Ling 6 and our MOTM? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Clay 2. That high
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Our midfield and right back need to take a good long hard look at themselves. Bunch of f*cking shirkers.

Happe, Coulson and Marvin had more of the ball than anyone else, by absolute miles. No disrespect to any of them but they should not be our playmakers. But they have to, cos everyone else is hiding.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

RedO wrote: ↑Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:36 pm Our midfield and right back need to take a good long hard look at themselves. Bunch of f*cking shirkers.

Happe, Coulson and Marvin had more of the ball than anyone else, by absolute miles. No disrespect to any of them but they should not be our playmakers. But they have to, cos everyone else is hiding.
Thinking about it I make you right
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Brill had no chance with the second, you have to credit the striker for the finish however, he looked well offside to me from my viewpoint.
HenleyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HenleyO »

gshaw wrote: ↑Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:11 pm Same old same old, Scunthorpe wanted it more and scored with two great strikes. If that was our players looking like a weight had been lifted from them we're in trouble.

Brill - 5 - no chance with the first, maybe went down too early for the second but need to watch it back as the finish was good.
Happe - 5 - roasted down the line in build-up to the first. Looked uncomfortable up until he was subbed. That's what happens when you have no LB cover.
Coulson - 5 - ball kept coming at the defence
Ekpiteta - 5 - as above
Ling - 6 - one extra point for a goal-saving clearance (assist credited to Lucky7 spotting who made it)

Brophy - 5 - never really got into the game then shunted to LB later on. Had a shot, which is more than can be said for most of the side
Clay - 2 - hopeless, can't pass, doesn't run, can't tackle but seems to be untouchable
Wright - 5 - at least tries to get forward and make a few tackles but partnered with Clay was always going to lose the CM battle
JMD - 5 - whipped in some decent crosses but faded as game wore on. Could still come good in a better setup.

Harrold - 5 - looking like a 35 y/o who's had to play too many games. Nice bits of link-up play at times but didn't win enough aerial battles today.
Dennis - 4 - saw someone say he looked like a winger playing upfront, pretty accurate. Lots of shimmy little end product

Subs

Angol - 5 - showed pace is OK after his injury, flashes of quality that give hope when he can start games
Alabi - 4 - missed an open goal again, standard
Totally correct ratings. First half we were just about ok. Not sure what happens at half time as yet again we were useless second half
HenleyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HenleyO »

Second goal was 2 yards off side. I sit in the east.
RicketyCricket
Fresh Alias

Post by RicketyCricket »

Clay was atrocious, should've been subbed at half-time yet played the whole match. Says it all.

Can't believe we've had to put up with no midfield for three years now, excruciating. JMD only player who showed any sign of quality, need to be getting onto the end of his crosses.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Alibi 4, what on earth for turning up, if he ever scores from open play it will be a miracle or the ball will accidentally bounce off him into the net.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

RedO wrote: ↑Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:34 pm Ling 6 and our MOTM? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Not MOTM, I'd find that difficult to award to anyone tbh

He had a typical 5/10 performance but one outstanding defensive clearance to prevent a goal. If he scores down the other end I'd add a point, if he made an error leading to a goal is subtract one so seems only right to do the same for a vital stop.
PoundhillO wrote: ↑Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:22 pm Alibi 4, what on earth for turning up, if he ever scores from open play it will be a miracle or the ball will accidentally bounce off him into the net.
Start at 5, dock one for missing open goal
RicketyCricket wrote: ↑Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:19 pm Clay was atrocious, should've been subbed at half-time yet played the whole match. Says it all.

Can't believe we've had to put up with no midfield for three years now, excruciating. JMD only player who showed any sign of quality, need to be getting onto the end of his crosses.
I don't know what hold he has over the club / coaching staff but we had two other options on the bench to bring on. Marsh has the legs and Prem pedigree, Gorman can count himself hard done by as he had a good couple of games then inexplicably dropped for Clay as soon as he became available.
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Broadly agree apart from your rating of Brophy who tried to make things happen.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Thor wrote: ↑Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:17 pm Brill had no chance with the second, you have to credit the striker for the finish however, he looked well offside to me from my viewpoint.
They certainly showed us how to finish today .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

PoundhillO wrote: ↑Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:22 pm Alibi 4, what on earth for turning up, if he ever scores from open play it will be a miracle or the ball will accidentally bounce off him into the net.
Didn't he score from open play at Grimsby ? . However, I think we do need another new striker brought in during January.
MassiveForehead
Fresh Alias

Post by MassiveForehead »

Thought Ling was our best player by a mile today, but still don't think he was more than a 6.

Surprised Clay started after last week's performance. Marsh must be asking how on earth he can't get into this side.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

It's all a bit too comfortable for the players. Crap performances week in week out from at least three or four, no one taking responsibility on the ball, no leadership or forward drive and yet never benched or dropped. I like our young management team but I would love to see Neil Warnock given to the end of the season he wouldn't stand for what we saw today.
Booba
Fresh Alias

Post by Booba »

Clay 2????? I must have been watching a different game!!!
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

MassiveForehead wrote: ↑Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:48 pm
Thought Ling was our best player by a mile today, but still don't think he was more than a 6.

HE DOESNT DO ANYTHING! HES ALWAYS HIDING.
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

5 to everyone but JMD who put in some good crosses. A weak 6 for him.
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

It appears from Travis comments neither did Fletcher though.....wanted to increase training intensity and rid of several players in January.

People didn't like it. At another club the manager might be backed and new players brought in prepared to do it the new boss's way. That is why most managers last more than a month, even the crap ones.

Fletcher's reputation was actually enhanced today without him doing a thing, I don't think he was wrong but perhaps underestimated how he wouldn't be backed.

While we are keeping the same structure we might as well get the players and coaches to interview the next manager.

Ultimately I think Fletch is kinda right, out of today's 18 there are at least 7/8 who should not be here next year.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Problem is we’ve extended a fair few of their contracts already.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Booba wrote: ↑Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:58 pm Clay 2????? I must have been watching a different game!!!
Explain your working... you thought he was good today I take it?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Clay was poor, again, no doubt. But Wright was worse.

I doubt anyone in the stands was surprised to see us fail to match them in the middle of the park with those two in there on their own. It was obviously going to happen.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Top of the West. wrote: ↑Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:52 pm It's all a bit too comfortable for the players. Crap performances week in week out from at least three or four, no one taking responsibility on the ball, no leadership or forward drive and yet never benched or dropped. I like our young management team but I would love to see Neil Warnock given to the end of the season he wouldn't stand for what we saw today.
Keep it real , there's no way we could get Nail Warnock.
whittle81
Fresh Alias

Post by whittle81 »

Top of the West. wrote: ↑Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:52 pm It's all a bit too comfortable for the players. Crap performances week in week out from at least three or four, no one taking responsibility on the ball, no leadership or forward drive and yet never benched or dropped. I like our young management team but I would love to see Neil Warnock given to the end of the season he wouldn't stand for what we saw today.
I just can't see what incentive there would be for, Warnock to come here.