Pitch Invasion Saturday

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Pitch Invasion Saturday

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

RientO wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:19 pm My dad who is 77 was on the pitch and loving it. And he couldn't easily climb down the stairs to get on the pitch. We did return to east stand before trophy presentation, but the thing is having let 4,000 plus onto the pitch, how can you expect everyone to orderly return to their seats afterwards? The genie was out of the bottle.
I made it back.

How f*cking difficult is it?
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:12 am
RientO wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:19 pm My dad who is 77 was on the pitch and loving it. And he couldn't easily climb down the stairs to get on the pitch. We did return to east stand before trophy presentation, but the thing is having let 4,000 plus onto the pitch, how can you expect everyone to orderly return to their seats afterwards? The genie was out of the bottle.
I made it back.

How f*** difficult is it?
Yes but you’re a godly hero and not one of those heathen pondlife fans who had the audacity to get a bit carried away with some celebrations. Evil scum, the lot of them. Why can’t all O’s fans be as humble and pious as you and the rest of the message board bores?
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

I thought after a good nights sleep you would grasp what the real gripe is I was wrong I’m off for some pious and chipous
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Bewildering that he just doesn’t get it.

Despite his claims about leaving the pitch at the first time of being asked and going back to his seat with a pint, the way he keeps going on about this makes me think that’s not actually the case....
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Esteban wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:36 am
I made it back.

Yes but you’re a godly hero and not one of those heathen pondlife fans who had the audacity to get a bit carried away with some celebrations. Evil scum, the lot of them. Why can’t all O’s fans be as humble and pious as you and the rest of the message board bores?
Again, you keep using the word evil. No one has said the arseholes that stayed on are evil. Just selfish.
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

Beradogs wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:54 am Sheffield United didn’t allow the fans to go on the pitch at all. A couple did and where booed straight off.
That's probably because Sheffield United weren't promoted at the end of their match on Saturday - their promotion was confirmed a day later when Leeds didn't win.

Suspect their fans booed them for being premature, much like we likely would have done if a few O's fans had run on the pitch after the Solihull game.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

What happened at Norwich?
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

I think Pedantic and Gloria Esteban are in the green man planning a revolution
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:15 am

I made it back.

Again, you keep using the word evil. No one has said the arseholes that stayed on are evil. Just selfish.
Or they are just normal people who got a bit carried away in the excitement. That's not entirely beyond the realms of possibility is it?

For context:

Nobody ran on the pitch before the final whistle
Nobody was hurt during the invasion/celebrations
Everything was conducted in good spirits
The players and staff seemed to be loving it
The Braintree players & staff were treated with respect and were in no danger (numerous people, including myself, shook the hands of their players)
Braintree fans were in no danger whatsoever
No damage was done to the pitch/stadium

As far as pitch invasions go, it was a bl*ddy good one. No trouble, no violence, no danger.

The ONLY thing which went a bit too far was some people getting carried away and delaying a trophy presentation. So what? Is that REALLY as bad as many are making out? Can we not extend just an iota of forgiveness for people who may have got a bit carried away in understandable circumstances? Why such vitriol towards people whose only crime was celebrating a bit too much/boisterously?

Even more bizarre is the fact that the presentation and lap of honor still went ahead.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:15 am Bewildering that he just doesn’t get it.

Despite his claims about leaving the pitch at the first time of being asked and going back to his seat with a pint, the way he keeps going on about this makes me think that’s not actually the case....
Or maybe, unlike you, I possess the ability to understand why certain things happened, even if i wasn't directly involved myself.

Strange that, isn't it?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

I was frustrated at the time that after i got off, there were still people on. But actually, after thinking about it, does it really f*cking matter? Everyone celebrates differently. We've all been through the ringer in the last few years and if people got caught up in the moment and the emotion.

In a few years (maybe even months) no one is going to remember people not getting off the pitch, the overriding memory will be the joy at the final whistle and the celebrations afterwards.
Pilsbury
Fresh Alias

Post by Pilsbury »

My take on it all -

I was lucky enough to remember seeing the old Div 3 trophy lifted in The East Stand back in 1970 as a 10 year old - yes I remember it but was too young to fully appreciate it.

Having been at the Colchester game 2 years ago, I knew that the feelings of many of us would be running high so a pitch invasion wasn’t unexpected imo. I decided to stay seated in the East Stand close to where the last trophy was handed over, gave me a chance to reflect on the last 49 years as an o’s fan. That was special for me as in a couple of days time I start chemotherapy for a recently diagnosed illness and was so looking forward to seeing Jobi lift the National League Trophy.

I was so disappointed not to get a good view of that, extremely p****d off at supporters who wouldn’t clear the pitch when asked after the initial invasion and especially p****d off at those who thought it acceptable to jump up and down and give no space for the players and staff to enjoy that special moment. Some people are just so selfish and up themselves it’s unbelievable. And don’t tell me I’m not as passionate a fan as others, because I am and have seen and done it all since 1965 when my late father started taking me to see his beloved O’s.

Personally I would have liked to have seen the medals and trophy presented on the balcony in the West stand so that we could ALL have had a great view of it and the players and staff could have enjoyed the moment together. The pitch could have then been cleared and when it had been, the traditional lap of honour could take place.

What a shame that the players and staff had to wait and return to the pitch for photos when the stadium had been emptied. A shame too that I guess very many supporters like me were not able to see that special moment clearly.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Wish you all the best with your treatment Pilsbury
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Esteban wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:46 am
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:15 am

Or they are just normal people who got a bit carried away in the excitement. That's not entirely beyond the realms of possibility is it?

For context:

Nobody ran on the pitch before the final whistle
Nobody was hurt during the invasion/celebrations
Everything was conducted in good spirits
The players and staff seemed to be loving it
The Braintree players & staff were treated with respect and were in no danger (numerous people, including myself, shook the hands of their players)
Braintree fans were in no danger whatsoever
No damage was done to the pitch/stadium

As far as pitch invasions go, it was a bl*ddy good one. No trouble, no violence, no danger.

The ONLY thing which went a bit too far was some people getting carried away and delaying a trophy presentation. So what? Is that REALLY as bad as many are making out? Can we not extend just an iota of forgiveness for people who may have got a bit carried away in understandable circumstances? Why such vitriol towards people whose only crime was celebrating a bit too much/boisterously?

Even more bizarre is the fact that the presentation and lap of honor still went ahead.
The boo's ringing out around the stadium and chants of OFF OFF OFF weren't in good spirits.

Keep on going mate but you can't defend the indefensible.

If we're fortunate enough to experience this again, the club will have to consider alternative arrangements such as presenting up in the gallery. All because of a few hundred idiots. :cry:
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Pilsbury wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:02 am My take on it all -

I was lucky enough to remember seeing the old Div 3 trophy lifted in The East Stand back in 1970 as a 10 year old - yes I remember it but was too young to fully appreciate it.

Having been at the Colchester game 2 years ago, I knew that the feelings of many of us would be running high so a pitch invasion wasn’t unexpected imo. I decided to stay seated in the East Stand close to where the last trophy was handed over, gave me a chance to reflect on the last 49 years as an o’s fan. That was special for me as in a couple of days time I start chemotherapy for a recently diagnosed illness and was so looking forward to seeing Jobi lift the National League Trophy.

I was so disappointed not to get a good view of that, extremely p****d off at supporters who wouldn’t clear the pitch when asked after the initial invasion and especially p****d off at those who thought it acceptable to jump up and down and give no space for the players and staff to enjoy that special moment. Some people are just so selfish and up themselves it’s unbelievable. And don’t tell me I’m not as passionate a fan as others, because I am and have seen and done it all since 1965 when my late father started taking me to see his beloved O’s.

Personally I would have liked to have seen the medals and trophy presented on the balcony in the West stand so that we could ALL have had a great view of it and the players and staff could have enjoyed the moment together. The pitch could have then been cleared and when it had been, the traditional lap of honour could take place.

What a shame that the players and staff had to wait and return to the pitch for photos when the stadium had been emptied. A shame too that I guess very many supporters like me were not able to see that special moment clearly.
Most importantly, good luck with the treatment.

Sorry you couldn't get to witness the presentation. If it's any consolation, most of us decent fans couldn't see it either. Let's hope we get to see Jobi lift the cup in 3 weeks time unobscured.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

Good luck with your treatment pilsbury👍
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Whos Esteban in tapatalk money?
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

Someone who likes a punch up in the Green Man allegedly 🤡
HARVEY T DENTON
Fresh Alias

Post by HARVEY T DENTON »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:52 pm Even the booing and Off Off Off chants from the 5-6000 who did vacate the pitch.
Oh is that why we were chanting that? I thought we were trying to get the Pandamonium guy on someones shoulders.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Cheddar Bob, I think
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

HARVEY T DENTON wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:22 am
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:52 pm Even the booing and Off Off Off chants from the 5-6000 who did vacate the pitch.
Oh is that why we were chanting that? I thought we were trying to get the Pandamonium guy on someones shoulders.
😂😂👍
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

HARVEY T DENTON wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:22 am
:lol:
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

NOM wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:22 am Someone who likes a punch up in the Green Man allegedly 🤡
I wasn’t on TapTalk

I don’t like punch ups at all.

I also don’t like how hiding behind a keyboard emboldens miserable old farts to throw insults around. I make a point of highlighting how they are almost certainly nowhere near as abusive and insulting in real life.

I’m certainly learning the hard way that The committee of message board bores really are relentless.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

I’ll raise your green man for an Alfred Hitchcock and a Birbeck
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Why do some people on here try to create a storm in a tea cup? Can't we all just enjoy what was a beautiful day without trying to create negative issues?