Martin Ling is untouchable

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Osal
Fresh Alias

Re: Martin Ling is untouchable

Post by Osal »

tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:25 pm
Osal wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:03 pm "Maybe social media isn't for you"

Yes you are probably right.
Like Macklin, I am still entitled to an opinion and to be fair I didn't say I don't understand why Macklin got involved, just that I was astounded he did, I obviously know why, he was defending his mate!
Can you post a link to your original tweet .

Then we might be able to see for ourselves
Sorry, I am not sure you understand, the original tweet wasn't mine, I am not on Twitter, it was COYO's.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Osal wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:31 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:48 pm There is constructive criticism and just being plain nasty.

Ling has done a fantastic job. We need to remember the state of the club when he joined. Hardly any players, no manager, a shambles of a club in real trouble. On our knees.

Two years later we are NL Champions under his guidance. That frankly is bloody miraculous.

Sure not everything has been perfect but in a results driven business his results are there for the world to see where it matter. And we are back in the EFL.

Some people just need to wake up and smell the coffee.[/quote

Obviously we are all entitled to an opinion, whilst I agree ML did a decent job in the beginning, we have to remember the dissaray on the Football side at the time of SD's departure and one man, JE, was responsible for repairing that damage and getting us back on track. To be quiet honest he got hold of everybody at this Football Club, Board, Staff including ML, Players and Supporters and dragged us all along to what ultimately ended in the National League Title last season and for that I will forever be grateful to him. The only plaudits I would personally give ML for that promotion, is the fact that he was part of the process that had the foresight to appoint JE. Please understand, I am not having a go here, it is all about opinions and I just see this differently. Doesn't obviously make you right and me wrong or vice versa.
That he was part of the process that employed JE says it all. I have little doubt his opinion was paramount in that decision and one that led to our success. One of the key attributes of a Director is employing the right people, sure he got it spectacularly wrong and is accepting responsibility, equally when he got it spectacularly right he deserves the accolades too.

You cannot separate Justin’s success from Lings success in recruiting him.
Osal
Fresh Alias

Post by Osal »

dOh Nut wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:39 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:48 pm There is constructive criticism and just being plain nasty.

Ling has done a fantastic job. We need to remember the state of the club when he joined. Hardly any players, no manager, a shambles of a club in real trouble. On our knees.

Two years later we are NL Champions under his guidance. That frankly is bloody miraculous.

Sure not everything has been perfect but in a results driven business his results are there for the world to see where it matter. And we are back in the EFL.

Some people just need to wake up and smell the coffee.[/quote

Obviously we are all entitled to an opinion, whilst I agree ML did a decent job in the beginning, we have to remember the dissaray on the Football side at the time of SD's departure and one man, JE, was responsible for repairing that damage and getting us back on track. To be quiet honest he got hold of everybody at this Football Club, Board, Staff including ML, Players and Supporters and dragged us all along to what ultimately ended in the National League Title last season and for that I will forever be grateful to him. The only plaudits I would personally give ML for that promotion, is the fact that he was part of the process that had the foresight to appoint JE. Please understand, I am not having a go here, it is all about opinions and I just see this differently. Doesn't obviously make you right and me wrong or vice versa.
That he was part of the process that employed JE says it all. I have little doubt his opinion was paramount in that decision and one that led to our success. One of the key attributes of a Director is employing the right people, sure he got it spectacularly wrong and is accepting responsibility, equally when he got it spectacularly right he deserves the accolades too.

Really, basically, as I said we will have to agree to disagree on this one.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Osal wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:46 pm

No, it’s impossible to separate the two events.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Osal wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:35 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:25 pm
Osal wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:03 pm "Maybe social media isn't for you"

Yes you are probably right.
Like Macklin, I am still entitled to an opinion and to be fair I didn't say I don't understand why Macklin got involved, just that I was astounded he did, I obviously know why, he was defending his mate!
Can you post a link to your original tweet .

Then we might be able to see for ourselves
Sorry, I am not sure you understand, the original tweet wasn't mine, I am not on Twitter, it was COYO's.
Ah i see it was comeonyourowns tweet.
My apologies.
Ill ask him instead
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Let me make a few things clearer
First, i agree Macklin has every right to express an opinion thats different from mine........what slightly bothers me is, he isnt too happy for anyone else to express theirs.
My original tweet said something like i wouldnt trust Martin Ling to choose the right man to be head coach, before CF was chosen ( I wasnt too far wrong, as things turned out)
Thats it..i didnt swear, i didnt use derogatory language at all, and his reply was not commensurate with what i said, IMO. I have no bones about him having a different opinion to me, as I already said, but he wouldnt allow me to have a different opinion to him. During the DM, i said"we're all entitled to have an opinion and you seem to be shutting down on dissenting voices"
Finally, i dont consider myself a keyboard warrior..........just a man with an opinion or two, that generally makes it in a fairly polite manner
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:15 am Ling is though of so highly by Kent & Nigel, his position is guaranteed for life.
When i had a little dig at Ling on Twitter, a month ago, i had Danny Macklin DM me to really tear me off a strip, and remind me how great Ling is.....he then informed me i was to be blocked, for daring to criticsize the 'great one'
It shocked me, to see how aggressive the defence of Ling was.
Therefore as DOF, he will no doubt, be instrumental in choosing the next Manager/Head Coach
Can we see the original tweet please comeonyou'
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:50 pm Let me make a few things clearer
First, i agree Macklin has every right to express an opinion thats different from mine........what slightly bothers me is, he isnt too happy for anyone else to express theirs.
My original tweet said something like i wouldnt trust Martin Ling to choose the right man to be head coach, before CF was chosen ( I wasnt too far wrong, as things turned out)
Thats it..i didnt swear, i didnt use derogatory language at all, and his reply was not commensurate with what i said, IMO. I have no bones about him having a different opinion to me, as I already said, but he wouldnt allow me to have a different opinion to him. During the DM, i said"we're all entitled to have an opinion and you seem to be shutting down on dissenting voices"
Finally, i dont consider myself a keyboard warrior..........just a man with an opinion or two, that generally makes it in a fairly polite manner
No one is stopping you tweeting.

All that has happened I'd Macklin has exercised his right not to be contacted by you.

Get over yourself. Carry on expressing your views. Just don't expect everyone to want to read your views.

Such a snowflake. Not everyone wants to hear your views. You don't have a right to force people to listen to your keyboard warrior outpourings

You can block me on here, on twitter on FB etc. It's your choice if you don't like my keyboard warrior views. You won't catch me complaining as it's your tight to ignore me...in the same way it's Macklins right to ignore you

The content of your tweet is irrelevant. Macklin has a right to ignore you no matter how nice or awful your tweets were
Last edited by spen666 on Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

I have the original tweet, plus the DM conversation with Danny Macklin........I'll consider publishing it on here.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

spen666 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:54 pm

All that has happened I'd Macklin has exercised his right not to be contacted by you.

Get over yourself. Carry on expressing your views. Just don't expect everyone to want to read your views.

Such a snowflake. Not everyone wants to hear your views. You don't have a right to force people to listen to your keyboard warrior outpourings
I dont want to be told off by you spen. you're talking nonsense ( as usual). i dont force my views on anyone.
You seem to be the one, once again, thats forcing your views on us all
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

COYOS your well known for throwing your dummy out the pram when things ain’t going to your remit at least DM got it right and blocked you
And let’s face it you have been known to have many a swearing flounce on this board stop making out you wear angel knickers
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

He’s not untouchable. But he’d really have to foul up before T & T got rid of him. But IMO he’ll never recommend a person as manager/head coach who he saw as knowing more than he did and therefore a possible threat to him. That’s one reason they’ll not offer the job to Russell
Osal
Fresh Alias

Post by Osal »

dOh Nut wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:47 pm
Osal wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:46 pm

No, it’s impossible to separate the two events.
Well I think you can, take Man City for instance, Pep Guardiola quite rightly gets all the plaudits for their recent trophy successes without their DofF getting a mention. Oh I forgot our club is unique, that is what it will be.
Osal
Fresh Alias

Post by Osal »

My apology to you COYO's if I have dragged you into this further than you wanted to, but that wasn't my initial intention.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:58 pm
spen666 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:54 pm

I dont want to be told off by you spen. you're talking nonsense ( as usual). i dont force my views on anyone.
You seem to be the one, once again, thats forcing your views on us all
I am not trying to force my views on anyone. I have repeatedly suggested you can block me.

You however are the one getting your knickers in a twist because Macklin has taken steps to stop you forcing your views on him

You are quite the hypocrite from behind our keyboard.

Sto bring an arse. Macklin is sick of your crap and has blocked you disturbing him. Get over it.

No one can be forced o put up with your views.

If you don't like my posts, then ignore me.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Blah blah blah
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

You're not a man with an opinion or two. You're a man who seems to think he has got to have an opinion on everything and who gets annoyed or angry if anyone ever points out how silly those opinions are, which contradicts your position that everyone is entitled to an opinion.

You're also someone who comes to impulsive conclusions, will hold a grudge and are too stubborn to revise an opinion or change your mind. You called Ling a footballing pygmy 18 months ago and said the club would have no success with him in charge. Even after he oversaw the club gaining promotion you couldn't bring yourself to say anything positive or revise your opinion and have just gone back to slating him when you can. That's probably why Macklin blocked you.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:22 pm
You're not a man with an opinion or two. You're a man who seems to think he has got to have an opinion on everything and who gets annoyed or angry if anyone ever points out how silly those opinions are, which contradicts your position that everyone is entitled to an opinion.

You're also someone who comes to impulsive conclusions, will hold a grudge and are too stubborn to revise an opinion or change your mind. You called Ling a footballing pygmy 18 months ago and said the club would have no success with him in charge. Even after he oversaw the club gaining promotion you couldn't bring yourself to say anything positive or revise your opinion and have just gone back to slating him when you can. That's probably why Macklin blocked you.
Thats me told eh?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Think it did otherwise you'd have responded to him.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Thor wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:21 pm Think it did otherwise you'd have responded to him.
Im not bothered by him Thor......hes a moron as far as Im concerned. He makes me laugh tbh. I couldnt stop laughing when reading that. I dont need to respond to him
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Whatever was said, the chief exec of a football club DMing a supporter having a pop because they've slagged someone off is extremely small time.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:32 pm
Thor wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:21 pm Think it did otherwise you'd have responded to him.
Im not bothered by him Thor......hes a moron as far as Im concerned. He makes me laugh tbh. I couldnt stop laughing when reading that. I dont need to respond to him
And that's why you'll go on making yourself look stupid; because you're blind to the truth, don't ever take responsibility for what you say/how you are, never see the error of your ways and never think about what you should do to be better. That's fine with me though as your regular brainfarts give everyone on here a right laugh.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:14 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:22 pm

Thats me told eh?
Well to fair if you are going to make tweets stating your opinion on open social media sites
You must expect people to give different opinions . To be fair i think your lucky
Danny Mac' didnt just call you a W*nker as lots who hold a different view
may well have done.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

EliotNes wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:06 pm He’s not untouchable. But he’d really have to foul up before T & T got rid of him. But IMO he’ll never recommend a person as manager/head coach who he saw as knowing more than he did and therefore a possible threat to him. That’s one reason they’ll not offer the job to Russell
After yesterday’s Q&A what’s your opinion now? I’m not so sure he came across well, that he handled the questions well and was very defensive. Which was in contrast to Nigel who was being open, honest and engaging. Having worked for American companies I’m not so sure they would have been impressed with the public face of the football side.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Thor wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:57 pm
EliotNes wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:06 pm He’s not untouchable. But he’d really have to foul up before T & T got rid of him. But IMO he’ll never recommend a person as manager/head coach who he saw as knowing more than he did and therefore a possible threat to him. That’s one reason they’ll not offer the job to Russell
After yesterday’s Q&A what’s your opinion now? I’m not so sure he came across well, that he handled the questions well and was very defensive. Which was in contrast to Nigel who was being open, honest and engaging. Having worked for American companies I’m not so sure they would have been impressed with the public face of the football side.
His attitude towards the fans wasn’t great at all. Came across incredibly petulant and contradictory at times. Nigel seems like a nice bloke, who has done really well for himself but all this answering a question with an anecdote when the fans want a straight forward answer gets a bit grating.