Martin Ling is untouchable

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Martin Ling is untouchable

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Ling is though of so highly by Kent & Nigel, his position is guaranteed for life.
When i had a little dig at Ling on Twitter, a month ago, i had Danny Macklin DM me to really tear me off a strip, and remind me how great Ling is.....he then informed me i was to be blocked, for daring to criticsize the 'great one'
It shocked me, to see how aggressive the defence of Ling was.
Therefore as DOF, he will no doubt, be instrumental in choosing the next Manager/Head Coach
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Martin Ling is untouchable

Post by Long slender neck »

He comes across as a great guy and is a living club legend.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Love where you're taking this character.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Does he have a rash?
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Him and the coaching staff have jobs for life
Wally Banter
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Wally Banter »

I touched Martin Ling on the Oxford pitch in 2006 (on the hand, mind) - so can confirm he is touchable.
Last edited by Wally Banter on Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:15 am Ling is though of so highly by Kent & Nigel, his position is guaranteed for life.
When i had a little dig at Ling on Twitter, a month ago, i had Danny Macklin DM me to really tear me off a strip, and remind me how great Ling is.....he then informed me i was to be blocked, for daring to criticsize the 'great one'
Therefore as DOF, he will no doubt, be instrumental in choosing the next Manager/Head Coach
It must have really hurt you to see us win the league last year after your constant criticism of the club and Ling.
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

whats DM me mean?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Direct Message
Osal
Fresh Alias

Post by Osal »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:15 am Ling is though of so highly by Kent & Nigel, his position is guaranteed for life.
As long as you wasn't rude COYO's, I find this astounding and I will be honest I would not be happy with Macklin sticking his oar in either or telling me who I should be sucking up to, every supporter is entitled to an opinion .... that is Football, always has been, always will be. Having supported this Football Club for 60+ years, I still think like most Football Clubs, not everything here is all singing and dancing, at the moment.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

There is constructive criticism and just being plain nasty.

Ling has done a fantastic job. We need to remember the state of the club when he joined. Hardly any players, no manager, a shambles of a club in real trouble. On our knees.

Two years later we are NL Champions under his guidance. That frankly is bloody miraculous.

Sure not everything has been perfect but in a results driven business his results are there for the world to see where it matter. And we are back in the EFL.

Some people just need to wake up and smell the coffee.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Osal wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:39 pm
As long as you wasn't rude COYO's, I find this astounding and I will be honest I would not be happy with Macklin sticking his oar in either or telling me who I should be sucking up to, every supporter is entitled to an opinion .... that is Football, always has been, always will be. Having supported this Football Club for 60+ years, I still think like most Football Clubs, not everything here is all singing and dancing, at the moment.

Absolutely, every supporter is entitled o an opinion and everyone else is entitled to disagree with that opinion or to block people they don't like.

It's funny how keyboard warriors are so eager to proclaim their "rights" but scream blue murder when anyone asserts their rights back.
Osal
Fresh Alias

Post by Osal »

Not sure I entirely agree with that ..... I don't know him, but I don't believe COYO's is what you call a keyboard warrior and I certainly am not as a regular match going season ticket holder, all be it only home matches! Obviously we don't know exactly what COYO's tweeted, so we are guessing, but I am still astounded, that Macklin decided he should get involved, obviously just a personal opinion, I am sure ML is more than capable of defending himself.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Osal wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:09 pm Not sure I entirely agree with that ..... I don't know him, but I don't believe COYO's is what you call a keyboard warrior and I certainly am not as a regular match going season ticket holder, all be it only home matches! Obviously we don't know exactly what COYO's tweeted, so we are guessing, but I am still astounded, that Macklin decided he should get involved, obviously just a personal opinion, I am sure ML is more than capable of defending himself.
Macklin has every right to express an opinion

Or is it only keyboard warriors who can express opinions?

No one has the right to force anyone to put up with their sh*t.

I can express my views. That is my right. You gave the right to block me.

It matters not who you are or what views are expressed. Everyone has the right to disagree and express contrary views and also where appropriate to block someone from bring able to communicate with thrm
Constantine
Fresh Alias

Post by Constantine »

Odd that no one else has been blocked on twitter for slagging off Martin Ling
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Constantine wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:15 pm Odd that no one else has been blocked on twitter for slagging off Martin Ling
Maybe Macklin exercised his right to choose who to block.

Rights work for everyone, not just keyboard warriors
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I shook ML's hand last season I can confirm he is human and certainly shook back firmly.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

dOh Nut wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:48 pm There is constructive criticism and just being plain nasty.

Ling has done a fantastic job. We need to remember the state of the club when he joined. Hardly any players, no manager, a shambles of a club in real trouble. On our knees.

Two years later we are NL Champions under his guidance. That frankly is bloody miraculous.

Sure not everything has been perfect but in a results driven business his results are there for the world to see where it matter. And we are back in the EFL.

Some people just need to wake up and smell the coffee.
"fantastic job?", "bloody miraculous?" sh*t, talk about getting carried away. Things do sometimes just happen in football you know. Many an average manager has gotten promotion before now.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Another DIrge from COYOS zzzzz
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Osal wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:09 pm Not sure I entirely agree with that ..... I don't know him, but I don't believe COYO's is what you call a keyboard warrior and I certainly am not as a regular match going season ticket holder, all be it only home matches! Obviously we don't know exactly what COYO's tweeted, so we are guessing, but I am still astounded, that Macklin decided he should get involved, obviously just a personal opinion, I am sure ML is more than capable of defending himself.
You don’t understand why Macklin got involved?
Maybe social media isn’t for you
He’s allowed an opinion as well whether he’s CEO or not
Osal
Fresh Alias

Post by Osal »

"Maybe social media isn't for you"

Yes you are probably right.
Like Macklin, I am still entitled to an opinion and to be fair I didn't say I don't understand why Macklin got involved, just that I was astounded he did, I obviously know why, he was defending his mate!
Osal
Fresh Alias

Post by Osal »

spen666 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:14 pm

It matters not who you are or what views are expressed. Everyone has the right to disagree and express contrary views and also where appropriate to block someone from bring able to communicate with thrm
You might be a lawyer of whatever ..... but in all honesty, your spelling leaves a bit to be desired! I still can't understand why you are banging on about "keyboard warriors", bit childish that as essentially that is what most people are, on certainly Football related message boards. The only thing I think we do agree on, is everyone is entitled to an opinion. I may disagree with people on here, but would never suggest they had no right to an opinion.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Osal wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:13 pm
spen666 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:14 pm

You might be a lawyer of whatever ..... but in all honesty, your spelling leaves a bit to be desired! I still can't understand why you are banging on about "keyboard warriors", bit childish that as essentially that is what most people are, on certainly Football related message boards. The only thing I think we do agree on, is everyone is entitled to an opinion. I may disagree with people on here, but would never suggest they had no right to an opinion.

Sorry if you are offended by my calling keyboard warriors for what they are.

As for being childish, bringing my occupation into this and criticising my spelling (when incidentally, it is a day fingered mistake is pressing "r" instead of adjacent "e" key). Now that is probably more childish. Not to mention your continued bleating about my using the term keyboard warrior. Very childish really.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Osal wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:03 pm "Maybe social media isn't for you"

Yes you are probably right.
Like Macklin, I am still entitled to an opinion and to be fair I didn't say I don't understand why Macklin got involved, just that I was astounded he did, I obviously know why, he was defending his mate!
Can you post a link to your original tweet .

Then we might be able to see for ourselves
Osal
Fresh Alias

Post by Osal »

[quote="dOh Nut" post_id=62986 time=1573825699 user_id=51]
There is constructive criticism and just being plain nasty.

Some people just need to wake up and smell the coffee.[/quote

Obviously we are all entitled to an opinion, whilst I agree ML did a decent job in the beginning, we have to remember the dissaray on the Football side at the time of SD's departure and one man, JE, was responsible for repairing that damage and getting us back on track. To be quiet honest he got hold of everybody at this Football Club, Board, Staff including ML, Players and Supporters and dragged us all along to what ultimately ended in the National League Title last season and for that I will forever be grateful to him. The only plaudits I would personally give ML for that promotion, is the fact that he was part of the process that had the foresight to appoint JE. Please understand, I am not having a go here, it is all about opinions and I just see this differently. Doesn't obviously make you right and me wrong or vice versa.