the clubs show of support for fletcher

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

eppingo
Fresh Alias

the clubs show of support for fletcher

Post by eppingo »

deadly silence
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Re: the clubs show of support for fletcher

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Why would they? It’s only been 5 games
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

It's best not to wash your dirty laundry in public it would only encourage people to completely over react and make total tools of themselves.
MassiveForehead
Fresh Alias

Post by MassiveForehead »

Unless you're criticising Sam Ling
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

I fully expect Fletcher to get MOTM if we win Saturday
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:12 pm Why would they? It’s only been 5 games
Yes but what a five games they’ve been. Outplayed by the worse team in the league than dumped out of the FA Cup by a team four divisions below us. Do you give a manager like that money in January. January should prove interesting
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:41 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:12 pm Why would they? It’s only been 5 games
Yes but what a five games they’ve been. Outplayed by the worse team in the league than dumped out of the FA Cup by a team four divisions below us. It doesn’t look like the players want to play for him. Now do you give a manager like that money in January. January should prove interesting
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Silence is golden
But my eyes still see
Silence is golden, golden
But my eyes still see
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:25 pm It's best not to wash your dirty laundry in public it would only encourage people to completely over react and make total tools of themselves.
Plenty on here need little or no encouragement
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

January should prove interesting
Yeah? Why?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Howling Mad Murdock wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:17 am
Yeah? Why?
Does the board give Fletcher money in January for new players when he seemingly can’t motivate the players he already has. That’s of course if Fletcher is still with us in January
StepneyO
Fresh Alias

Post by StepneyO »

The club making conscious efforts to make it clear it was Danny Webb's Orient side last night in london snr cup.

Trying to deflect from fletcher?
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

I don't think the club had form for that (looking at previous half-time announcements from London Senior Cup).
Also noticed late on that they described it as a 'reserve' game, which may be true enough but again, playing it down.

But you would expect the club to back Fletcher in any way they can. I noticed that Elliott released a transcript trying to defend Fletcher saying he'd take a point against Carlisle (which didn't do much, in my eyes), sadly some of the things that have happened since then have been very difficult to reframe in a good way.

Wasn't it a thing that the manager did a video interview looking ahead to the weekends opponents and discussing injuries/training in the week? Since Fletcher has been appointed there has been nothing of the sort, the Morecambe interview got cut entirely, and after Malden we had 1.5 minutes.

Maybe that will come today or tomorrow. For sure some kind of video where he isn't talking in the face of a bad result might allow a different part of his personality to show.
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:42 am
Yeah? Why?
Does the board give Fletcher money in January for new players when he seemingly can’t motivate the players he already has. That’s of course if Fletcher is still with us in January
That assumes the club thinks we need players. I thought Ling was in charge of hiring and firing? No doubt Fletcher has something to say on the subject but I'm not aware its the final say. They also might be swayed by results before then. If we did manage to get Turley, Jobi and the strikers on the pitch at the same time then results might be a bit more positive and so less minded to improve the squad if it appears we are not going either up or down. Ignore what we might need, no matter how glaringly obvious, we might not do any business in January.....
bobo66
Fresh Alias

Post by bobo66 »

Let's be honest the last thing any manager wants is the "Board's full backing and confidence". That's usually the death knell for managers.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

LittleMate wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:01 am

Yeah? Why?
That assumes the club thinks we need players. I thought Ling was in charge of hiring and firing? No doubt Fletcher has something to say on the subject but I'm not aware its the final say. They also might be swayed by results before then. If we did manage to get Turley, Jobi and the strikers on the pitch at the same time then results might be a bit more positive and so less minded to improve the squad if it appears we are not going either up or down. Ignore what we might need, no matter how glaringly obvious, we might not do any business in January.....
If that ends up being the case I give up. If Ling can't accept we're woefully short of quality in CM and ST there really is no hope.

At that point Fletcher should consider whether he's on a hiding to nothing if board won't back him, given it seems certain players aren't on board with him.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

If i was Kent, I would be very wary of giving Fletcher money in January
I wouldnt trust Fletcher to buy a teacake for 50p, & I reckon the board have probably realised they made a mistake bring him in
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Yeah? Why?
Bit skeptical about this money thing that you mention.Of course the owners don't have to splash the cash,that's their choice.🤐
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

He won’t be spending any money. Ling is in control.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

My view is that while I didn’t understand (let alone back) the appointment, Fletcher needs to be given a fair crack of the whip.

Early signs aren’t good, and if some of the things I read on here are true, then I’m seriously concerned. But he will still be given time, only so much time though, and until that point is reached I wouldn’t expect any comment from his bosses.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Forget the result for a minute, I’ll be looking very carefully at how much effort the players will putting in on Saturday
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

Howling Mad Murdock wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:36 pm

Yeah? Why?
Bit skeptical about this money thing that you mention.Of course the owners don't have to splash the cash,that's their choice.🤐
HMM - didn't realise that you were American 😳.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Do the board read this forum........do they know the fans are pretty much unified, in our dislike of Fletcher? (Professional not personal dislike)
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:41 am Do the board read this forum........do they know the fans are pretty much unified, in our dislike of Fletcher? (Professional not personal dislike)
I'm quite sure they know what we're saying on this board .
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:41 am Do the board read this forum........do they know the fans are pretty much unified, in our dislike of Fletcher? (Professional not personal dislike)
I wouldn’t call it (professional) dislike. It’s more accurately serious and widespread concerns across the fanbase on social media that he just isn’t up to the job, with little obvious signs of any skills displayed so far that would have made him the first choice to “tick all the boxes” for the gig. The twitter mob are as equally scathing. MungO’s board not much better. Not sure what the facebook factions are thinking.

Probably split pretty evenly between fire him now, and give him a bit more time. I’m in the latter camp.