Fletcher must go

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

TONY66
Fresh Alias

Fletcher must go

Post by TONY66 »

Carl fletcher is a dull boring man like his personality. How can he motivate a dressing room. I feel for the team. Under Ross they were fine. Under this imbecile we have no wins from 5 again very poor teams. I played with Martin ling as a youngster. Great player but doing nothing for the club. Totally destroying what Justin and Ross done for our club. Fletcher please go back to your under 18 at Bournemouth as loan manager. We don’t need you negativity
Osmad
Fresh Alias

Re: Fletcher must go

Post by Osmad »

Got to be honest, it's hard to disagree. Perhaps putting off the inevitable.
TONY66
Fresh Alias

Post by TONY66 »

Fletcher has lost the dressing room. The team look low and unfit. Last season we were a joy to watch. I have a season ticket and I will not be there Saturday to watch such rubbish lifeless football. Today was so embarrassing and the man dies nothing but err. Well take your errs and go back to Bournemouth before we lose everything Justin built for this club. He gave us our pride back. This moron has made us an embarrassing team
Osmad
Fresh Alias

Post by Osmad »

Yes, he is breeding negativity. He was good in the series Porridge, so suggest he goes back to TV.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

5 games.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

He talked the talk to fool the owners into giving him the job, but has shown he can’t walk the walk.
Get rid of the con man !
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Absolute fecking disaster so far. Still, if you learn by your mistakes he will be a genius by now. The deep dark days return to Brisbane Road. Pitch invasion anyone?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Does anyone really think Fletcher is suddenly going to turn into a good manager
He's showed us what he's got, and it's awful.
The club have made a mistake, and we need to get shot before we're in a real relegation dogfight.
I knew he was a mistake before he'd signed. His record doesn't lie, and no one would give him a manager's job for 6 years.
How he managed to sweet talk the board is the real mystery here
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

Fletcher won’t be going anywhere soon. We’ve had the revolving door policy of B******i, does anyone really want to go back to that? No, it’s not good, to put it mildly, but what sort of Board is going to sack a manager after 5 games? He’ll be given plenty more time, so we’d better get used to it
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:56 pm Does anyone really think Fletcher is suddenly going to turn into a good manager
He's showed us what he's got, and it's awful.
The club have made a mistake, and we need to get shot before we're in a real relegation dogfight.
I knew he was a mistake before he'd signed. His record doesn't lie, and no one would give him a manager's job for 6 years.
How he managed to sweet talk the board is the real mystery here
Absolutely this .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Stowaway wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:03 pm Fletcher won’t be going anywhere soon. We’ve had the revolving door policy of B******i, does anyone really want to go back to that? No, it’s not good, to put it mildly, but what sort of Board is going to sack a manager after 5 games? He’ll be given plenty more time, so we’d better get used to it
I agree with you that Fletcher will be given a lot more time although he's clearly the wrong choice for manager. What we're witnessing on the pitch is a special level of cackfest . Although it's obvious now we'll just sit back and wait than until we're right in the sh*t .
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

RD I do believe you’re right.

This morning I feel like he needs time after my reaction yesterday however, I come back to your post and think actually RD is spot on, that’s what’s going to happen.

Fletch needs to sort this out PDQ
Graham E17
Fresh Alias

Post by Graham E17 »

Its always difficult to make comments without giving someone a chance.

However, I questioned his decision to start the match against Carlisle with one up front based on their form at the time. After they equalised, why did he take our only forward off? I left in disbelief as I thought what the hell was he doing?

Since then we have been 2nd best to Morcambe who were bottom of our league and beaten by Maldon and Tiptree (well done to them and their performance) who are how many divisions below us?

Unfortunately in football you cannot go back and cannot let sentiment rule your decisions. We lost one of the best managers in my lifetime of supporting the O's however when Ross stepped down we should have bit the bullet and got the best manager we could, However we looked after the boys and didn't put the club first. We made it very difficult for a new man to come in without bringing his own team in. This is why we have who we have.

I hope am wrong, but on this current form with Fletcher in charge, we will be looking to survive this league after all the hard work of the past 2 years.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Stowaway wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:03 pm Fletcher won’t be going anywhere soon. We’ve had the revolving door policy of B******i, does anyone really want to go back to that? No, it’s not good, to put it mildly, but what sort of Board is going to sack a manager after 5 games? He’ll be given plenty more time, so we’d better get used to it
And hope this is just a blip. He may surprise us yet.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

dOh Nut wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:29 am
Hope you are right. Despite all the criticism I’m sure most O’s fans desperately want Fletcher to succeed. He has had an awful start but I think he will certainly be given until the Christmas period at least to try and get things on track.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

redintheface wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:39 am
Hope you are right. Despite all the criticism I’m sure most O’s fans desperately want Fletcher to succeed. He has had an awful start but I think he will certainly be given until the Christmas period at least to try and get things on track.
I agree we all hope he will succeed, it’s just that right now he’s not showing or demonstrating that he can.
HARVEY T DENTON
Fresh Alias

Post by HARVEY T DENTON »

I'm jus starting to warm to the fella.
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

This Saturday could be the beginning of the end for Fletcher if we play poorly and draw or lose. Tick tock.
FargO
Fresh Alias

Post by FargO »

redintheface wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:39 am
I know what I want for Christmas...
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

A few words which should be banned.

Relegation dogfight.
Hard of thinking.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Howling Mad Murdock wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:26 pm A few words which should be banned.

Relegation dogfight.
Hard of thinking.
Let’s hope cackfest disappears too.
North Stand Dave
Fresh Alias

Post by North Stand Dave »

I agree with GrahamE17 the main problem was a lot of these applicants would of wanted to bring their own back room staff in & we were lucky Justin was happy to do this aswell, but we don't know if Fletcher was the best out of the bunch if any to come alone?
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

TONY66 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:05 pm Carl fletcher is a dull boring man like his personality. How can he motivate a dressing room. I feel for the team. Under Ross they were fine. Under this imbecile we have no wins from 5 again very poor teams. I played with Martin ling as a youngster. Great player but doing nothing for the club. Totally destroying what Justin and Ross done for our club. Fletcher please go back to your under 18 at Bournemouth as loan manager. We don’t need you negativity
2 promotions under Ling
What time does your circus 🎪 leave town
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Lucky7 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:24 pm
TONY66 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:05 pm Carl fletcher is a dull boring man like his personality. How can he motivate a dressing room. I feel for the team. Under Ross they were fine. Under this imbecile we have no wins from 5 again very poor teams. I played with Martin ling as a youngster. Great player but doing nothing for the club. Totally destroying what Justin and Ross done for our club. Fletcher please go back to your under 18 at Bournemouth as loan manager. We don’t need you negativity
2 promotions under Ling
What time does your circus 🎪 leave town
1 promotion under Ling, and that was only achieved in the final minute of the final game
how dare you say 2 promotions.......Justin is responsible for the second promotion, and no one else. dont take that away from Justin
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Not normally in the hysterical squad, but he's had such a spectacularly awful start he hasn't even earned a 'he understands the basics of football management' level of credibility. Yesterday's result is arguably the worst in the clubs history. We'll have to stick with him a while, if only to get some credit in the bank for the next appointment by not appearing as a basketcase that hires and fires.

I really like Ling, but this appointment is giving off a bit of a wtf vibe.