Tomorrow’s War Day

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Tomorrow’s War Day

Post by Dunners »

RedO wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:07 am I’m able to do both.
Fine, but leave the rest of us to enjoy Poppy Day in peace.
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

I'm remembering family who were lost in WW1 and WW2. It includes my Grandmother who was killed in the Blitz. RedO is on a WUM with the thread title, I respect anyone's views but this is a sensitive and emotive issue for many and respect needs to be shown all round.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Omygawd wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:56 am I'm remembering family who were lost in WW1 and WW2. It includes my Grandmother who was killed in the Blitz. RedO is on a WUM with the thread title, I respect anyone's views but this is a sensitive and emotive issue for many and respect needs to be shown all round.
Of course he is. But personally I’d rather just respect the day.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Omygawd wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:56 am I'm remembering family who were lost in WW1 and WW2. It includes my Grandmother who was killed in the Blitz. RedO is on a WUM with the thread title, I respect anyone's views but this is a sensitive and emotive issue for many and respect needs to be shown all round.
Or you could say some people need to stop being such delicate little snowflakes.
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

I don’t think anyone who knows me would regard me as a delicate snowflake , I do however take exception to someone who intentionally uses provocative language and shows total disrespect to people who lost their lives in the service of their country.
This club led the way and paid a huge sacrifice in the First World War , something which is proudly commemorated by people that cross the channel to pay their respect, it’s a pity that people like redo and max b think it’s smart to be so insensitive.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Redcard wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:20 am I don’t think anyone who knows me would regard me as a delicate snowflake , I do however take exception to someone who intentionally uses provocative language and shows total disrespect to people who lost their lives in the service of their country.
This club led the way and paid a huge sacrifice in the First World War , something which is proudly commemorated by people that cross the channel to pay their respect, it’s a pity that people like redo and max b think it’s smart to be so insensitive.
Would you expect anything less from Max B Gold
Keep stating the obvious to admin but he’s one of them so can’t be touched don’t you know!!!
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Redcard wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:20 am I don’t think anyone who knows me would regard me as a delicate snowflake , I do however take exception to someone who intentionally uses provocative language and shows total disrespect to people who lost their lives in the service of their country.
Don’t get drawn we. It’s what they want. Respect the day and leave the other stuff to another day.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Respect is what is needed on all sides
I dont wear a red poppy but i respect those who choose to
unfortunately when i used to wear a white poppy , i got so much abuse, i stopped wearing it, and havent worn one for over 10 years
respect should work both ways, especially as my dad and millions of others fought WW2 for the exact reason of stopping fascism & allowing freedom of choice.......but there you go
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Sometimes, the poppy oneupmanship all gets a bit OTT...

Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

Mind you, you could also behave and stop being a t*wat. You really are objectionably insensitive.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Really nice service from the club this afternoon, well done to all in the poppy celebrations. 👍
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

RedO wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:27 am Just watching match of the day and seen most, if not all, of the teams have a poppy printed on their shirts. Would be nice if given our history we could do the same. Probably need to to be a white one though, so it stands out.
Really liked our shirts today, any chance they could be made available?
StockholmO
Fresh Alias

Post by StockholmO »

I've been wearing my poppy with pride but the locals who've asked me about it seem to think it's something to do with a Rock Band.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »