Sotiriou moves on loan

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Sotiriou moves on loan

Post by Red_Army »

Disoriented wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:16 pm Lung should be ashamed. If he was a relative, this would not have happened.
He should be ashamed of giving a young player with little prospect of any meaningful football a chance to go out and play first team football at the level we were playing at just a few months ago. Okay...
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Red army surely you must remember dis hates the ling family, it really is distasteful how he goes after them at any given opportunity.

Get a life fella.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:55 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:37 pm I rate this young man a lot
Out of interest, based on what?
Based on 50+ yrs of watching football, and 40+ yrs of coaching young players.
You know in a split second whether a young man has 'it', and Ruel has.
He is quick both physically and mentally, i suppose what youd call a footballers brain
Hope that helps
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Thor wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:05 pm Red army surely you must remember dis hates the ling family, it really is distasteful how he goes after them at any given opportunity.

Get a life fella.
Are you for real? Not giving a talented youngster a chance is the real distasteful moment here. Not surprising, as your political comments show zero empathy for all.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Red_Army wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:00 pm
Disoriented wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:16 pm Lung should be ashamed. If he was a relative, this would not have happened.
He should be ashamed of giving a young player with little prospect of any meaningful football a chance to go out and play first team football at the level we were playing at just a few months ago. Okay...
No, not okay. He has been given zero opportunities whilst a nul fut like Alabi keeps on trying to prove our DOF ‘right’.

For once.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Yes I am real.

Once again you bring Ling into a conversation, he does not pick the team, its been said many times by many different people. You are once again accusing him of nepotism without any proof.

Give it a rest.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Lucky7 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:59 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:56 pm
Red_Army wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:53 pm

St Albans
Sutton
Bishop's Stortford
Always love it when a guesser has their bluff called.

As for being a different player...that would still have been a valid reason. Different players have different development curves and are on different paths depending on their level of ability and potential ceiling. There's no one size fits all approach to developing players.
Jeez you sound like a social worker not a football fan
Get a grip
Not really; it's not exactly rocket science and something anyone can come up with if you just take a minute to think about it.

You're just deflecting away from the fact you were totally wrong about Odubajo despite posting so certainly about him.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Disoriented wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:08 pm
No, not okay. He has been given zero opportunities whilst a nul fut like Alabi keeps on trying to prove our DOF ‘right’.

For once.
Him going out on loan is giving him an opportunity, though.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:06 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:55 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:37 pm I rate this young man a lot
Out of interest, based on what?
Based on 50+ yrs of watching football, and 40+ yrs of coaching young players.
You know in a split second whether a young man has 'it', and Ruel has.
He is quick both physically and mentally, i suppose what youd call a footballers brain
Hope that helps
Well let's see what happens for him at Dover. If he is as good as you claim because of your apparent experience (which tbf hasn't really served you well on football matters generally) then you'd have no issue with him going out on loan, proving he is a class act and then because he's as good as you say he is being in the team when he's back because he has proved himself playing against grown men at a lower level. Your only issue would be if he came back from loan having done really well and not getting a chance. So I'm still not sure what your beef is. You do realise there's more to a season or career than just "now", don't you?
Last edited by Smendrick Feaselberg on Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Red_Army wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:48 pm

For once.
You are indeed right.

Here is a prescient question - would you rather he gets an opportunity with us or Alabi continues to?
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:39 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:56 pm

Always love it when a guesser has their bluff called.

As for being a different player...that would still have been a valid reason. Different players have different development curves and are on different paths depending on their level of ability and potential ceiling. There's no one size fits all approach to developing players.
Get a grip
Not really; it's not exactly rocket science and something anyone can come up with if you just take a minute to think about it.

You're just deflecting away from the fact you were totally wrong about Odubajo despite posting so certainly about him.
He didn’t go out on loan when he was part of the 1st team set up
Which bit is hard for you to get your head around?
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Lucky7 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:01 pm

Get a grip

None of it. Just accept you're wrong and hope for better luck with your next guess
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:09 pm
Lucky7 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:01 pm

None of it. Just accept you're wrong and hope for better luck with your next guess
Read the facts and then get back to me
Whether I accept your apology is a different matter😋
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Disoriented wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:50 pm

For once.
You are indeed right.

Here is a prescient question - would you rather he gets an opportunity with us or Alabi continues to?
I'd rather the best decision is made on the two considerations; the first team right now, and a young player's development for the future.

The impact of the loan deal on the first is negligible because Ruel is not near being a first teamer at this stage. The impact of the loan on the second is quite clearly the best for Ruel's development.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Red_Army wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:18 pm

You are indeed right.

I'd rather the best decision is made on the two considerations; the first team right now, and a young player's development for the future.

The impact of the loan deal on the first is negligible because Ruel is not near being a first teamer at this stage. The impact of the loan on the second is quite clearly the best for Ruel's development.
This is clearly the point that people can't understand. It's not just about "now". It's about the rest of this season and the kid's career.

I'd rather we used Alabi off the bench for the next month or two if it means we get Sotiriou up to speed, getting used to playing against men and seeing if he is as good as some are making him out to be rather then chucking him in and hoping for the best. Short term pain for long term gain.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

SF with a very good post.
HARVEY T DENTON
Fresh Alias

Post by HARVEY T DENTON »

There’s your new mod.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:05 pm
Red_Army wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:18 pm

You are indeed right.

This is clearly the point that people can't understand. It's not just about "now". It's about the rest of this season and the kid's career.

I'd rather we used Alabi off the bench for the next month or two if it means we get Sotiriou up to speed, getting used to playing against men and seeing if he is as good as some are making him out to be rather then chucking him in and hoping for the best. Short term pain for long term gain.
This. There are two separate issues, which need to be kept separate.

From the little I’ve seen of Ruel, yeah, i thought he’d be nearing the first team squad. But you have to rely on a succession of managers who seem him day in day out and have all decided he isn’t yet. Therefore this loan makes perfect sense.

Alabi is a wasted wage and shouldn’t be anywhere near our first team squad. But until we can either 1) get some other mug to take him on 2) pay him off or 3) bring in another striker regardless, he is our 4th choice striker and has to sit on the bench. If Ruel isn’t ready yet, it’s not fair to throw him in until he is, regardless of how bad Alabi is.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

I have seen Ruel play a few times and for me he is not ready for the first team yet, If he played, then perhaps coming off the subs bench for something like the last quarter of a game if we were say leading comfortably something like 3-1 or so. So a loan out to Dover and the chance of a game should be good for him at this stage of his development. I should imagine, especially at the start of his loan, perhaps coming off the Dover subs bench ( unless they have injury problems and are short of forwards ? ) and he will have to earn the right to get a place in their starting line up. If he comes good, then perhaps later on this season, may get a chance in some of Orients first team games.
VaughanRyansElbow
Fresh Alias

Post by VaughanRyansElbow »

On the bench today
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

VaughanRyansElbow wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:25 pm On the bench today
I got that right then !
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:50 am I have seen Ruel play a few times and for me he is not ready for the first team yet, If he played, then perhaps coming off the subs bench for something like the last quarter of a game if we were say leading comfortably something like 3-1 or so. So a loan out to Dover and the chance of a game should be good for him at this stage of his development. I should imagine, especially at the start of his loan, perhaps coming off the Dover subs bench ( unless they have injury problems and are short of forwards ? ) and he will have to earn the right to get a place in their starting line up. If he comes good, then perhaps later on this season, may get a chance in some of Orients first team games.
But ComeOnYouOs has 50+ years of being a fan and 40+ years of coaching. Think you must be wrong.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:37 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:50 am I have seen Ruel play a few times and for me he is not ready for the first team yet, If he played, then perhaps coming off the subs bench for something like the last quarter of a game if we were say leading comfortably something like 3-1 or so. So a loan out to Dover and the chance of a game should be good for him at this stage of his development. I should imagine, especially at the start of his loan, perhaps coming off the Dover subs bench ( unless they have injury problems and are short of forwards ? ) and he will have to earn the right to get a place in their starting line up. If he comes good, then perhaps later on this season, may get a chance in some of Orients first team games.
But ComeOnYouOs has 50+ years of being a fan and 40+ years of coaching. Think you must be wrong.
SF why do you feel it is necessary to become sarcastic?
You are coming over as a real know it all. No need to question my credentials, I have an opinion, and that's all. I respect Sids opinion, end of.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

No, not okay. Ling should be ashamed of giving a two year contract to a nul fut
Ike Alabi, yet giving no chances to one of our own.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Dis there is a world of difference between the two.

Alabi had played league football, had done well in the NL I believe with Chester? He was big, strong and powerful and fitted the MO of what they wanted. Unfortunately it's not working out however, hard he may try.

Sotiriou is a kid learning his craft and it could be argued that by giving him increasing step up in levels will benefit him in the longer term. So far that's what's happened to him. Maybe our handling of his development may give him a better chance of actually having a career at this club and in the game.