too many cooks

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: too many cooks

Post by Fisch »

This whole season will be about consolidation. New head coach and possibly some key changes in January, it all takes time. I suspect Fletcher's target from T&T will be to have next season's performances at least in line with his budget relative to the other clubs.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:27 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:45 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:41 pm
10 games.
10 from now or 10 in total ?
Must be 10 with 10 weeks of full training.
Funny you should say that, our 10th game will be on the 29th December and the 10th week ends on the 4th Jan.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

I feel that there's a few who are taking against Fletcher at this early stage because he's an outsider. It must be really difficult for him. Remember he is the first external appointment since Justin Edinburgh.

This just shows why it was so important that Ross stepped in when he did.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Red_Army wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:30 pm I feel that there's a few who are taking against Fletcher at this early stage because he's an outsider. It must be really difficult for him. Remember he is the first external appointment since Justin Edinburgh.

I find that a strange comment.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

dOh Nut wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:04 pm
Red_Army wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:30 pm I feel that there's a few who are taking against Fletcher at this early stage because he's an outsider. It must be really difficult for him. Remember he is the first external appointment since Justin Edinburgh.

Why?
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Red_Army wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:11 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:04 pm

Why?
I doubt there is any issue with him being an external appointment, especially given the dialogue over who our next Head Coach should be. Plenty of ideas, mostly external. Anybody want to own up at being against him because he is an external appointment.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

"fletcher looks like he is squatting in someone else's house it really looks bad"

3rd post.
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

eppingo wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:30 am its looked a bit of a circus yesterday i didn't really see who was in charge, fletcher embleton and webb in dugout
It looked exactly as it did last season, except with Fletcher instead of Edinburgh - the latter also had both Embleton and Webb next to him, with Webb usually on an earpiece to somebody.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Most new appointments are because the previous manager was sacked because of poor results. This is something most managers will never experience, replacing a well loved successful manager.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

eppingo wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:30 am its looked a bit of a circus yesterday i didn't really see who was in charge, fletcher embleton and webb in dugout jobi on balcony communicating with ross through an earpiece. i think this will end in complete disaster i can see people walking away i put the blame on martin ling for not appointing an experience manager with a proper backroom staff
Looked to me from 16 rows right behind the dugout almost exactly as it was in JE’s time. I can’t see who is on the Balcony as we sit right below it. But if Jobi is there and giving info to the dugout seems a good idea to me.
👍👍👍
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

gshaw wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:20 pm
redintheface wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:54 pm
gshaw wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:39 am Jobi on the balcony is a good idea.
Not as good an idea as getting him on the pitch and playing I would suggest. Giving him an extra year on his playing contract is turning out to be an expensive mistake unfortunately.
Indeed but I don't see him contributing on the field anytime soon sadly. Really pushed himself beyond the limit to see us through to the title last season and has paid for it since.
The club has been paying him for it ever since more to the point. Baffling decision imho - unless they genuinely thought he was worth retaining simply as a coach?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

He will still have a part to play on the pitch. The man is a leader, I’m sure he will attain his coaching qualifications and one day I’ll wager he will go on to be a good manager as well. If you listen to him speak, the way he carries himself, the way he plays on the pitch, the way the players respond to him.

He has all the qualities required to be a success. I hope it’s with us as well.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Leyton Orient, a newly promoted Second Division team with FOUR coaches, one of whom is the newly appointed HEAD Coach, also called the new Manager. The new Head coach last did that role back in 2012/13.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Thor wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:57 am He will still have a part to play on the pitch. The man is a leader, I’m sure he will attain his coaching qualifications and one day I’ll wager he will go on to be a good manager as well. If you listen to him speak, the way he carries himself, the way he plays on the pitch, the way the players respond to him.

Agree with that 100%.
Shame Jobi was not ready this season to take on the role of head coach ( Manager ) with Leyton Orient.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:57 am He will still have a part to play on the pitch. The man is a leader, I’m sure he will attain his coaching qualifications and one day I’ll wager he will go on to be a good manager as well. If you listen to him speak, the way he carries himself, the way he plays on the pitch, the way the players respond to him.

Agree with all your comments on him, other than the first one. The way the club are being so coy about his injury, knowing how troublesome groin injuries can be to diagnose and resolve, and his age, sadly makes me think that won't be the case. Nothing would make me happier than to be proved wrong on this.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

Only my personal opinion but I don’t share your optimism around McAnuff making a meaningful contribution on the field this season. Only time will tell whether he will attain the necessary coaching accreditation and subsequently choose a career in football management. If he does, then good luck to him.