Attention ComeOnYouOsRS

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Attention ComeOnYouOsRS

Post by Thor »

So ComeOnYouOsRS what was it you were saying back in July last year? Let me remind you.

ComeOnYouOsRS
Posts 4,126
Elite BoarderElite Boarder
Jul 17, 2018 #34

I have been saying, since Christmas last year, that Salford will be a Championship side, before the next General election. They have filthy rich owners, who are bankrolling the club, plus ambition
Burton went from National League to championship, without anywhere near the money that Salford have
I think they will win the National League this coming season by 12 points, but they may take a few games to blend, so we have them first game, which is the best time to play them

Then in Jan you reiterated your point once more. Let me remind you once again.

I dont think we will win this league
Search
13 posts
ComeOnYouOsRS
Posts 4,126
10:19 AM - Jan 06 #1

.........because we're not good enough yet.
Before a ball had been kicked, my predictions were Salford first, Ebbsfleet second, Fylde third, and us fourth
Apart from Ebbsfleet, who had a small melt down in October time, I stick to the rest
If Im wrong, I shall come on here and acknowledge my wrong forecast .

we have done fantastically well to be top for a good few weeks, but we wont stay here ...its play off lottery for us in May

As for Salford...theyll be in the Championship within half a dozen years for sure, whilst they have the financial clout from 6 millionaires

all season long I’ve listened to you put this team, club, owners, players, managers, directors, even the dustmen, well maybe not them. So as Delia once screamed “let’s be having you and let’s have your apology, you were wrong on every single point you’ve made this season.
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Attention ComeOnYouOsRS

Post by MrB »

He’ll be as happy as we are
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Was going to post this separately at some point, bit will add here since we're all accountable for the opinions we express.

Why I'm not happy with the way the club is run

I am going to try to explain why I think the club isnt being run that well, in a more detailed way
I still dont expect many of you will agree…….it seems my mind works in a different way to most on here.
When Travis & Teague took over , 13 months ago, they were hailed as our saviours, by me as well as everyone else. For three months after, my avatar on here was a picture of Travis, with ‘My Hero’ written on it, but gradually, I feel the direction the club is going, is not one I’m in full agreement with.
Ok lets go back to June 2017. The club was on its last knees, and finally the rumoured takeover happened, and our club was saved. We were all delighted, that a phoenix club would be averted, and our club was rescued.

My first “ whoa hang on a minute” moment came very soon, when Martin Ling was announced as Director of Football. This was for two reasons…..First, was this the same Martin Ling, that had been sacked 8 years earlier By Barry Hearn, and second, because I have never been a fan of the DoF role in football, particularly lower league, or in our case non-league football.
At the time Ling was appointed, we didnt have a manager, or Head Coach, as the owners seemed to want to call the roll. This was going to be the man who would pick the team, and take training everyday.

Ling then brought at least four players to the club, off his own back, before a Head coach was finally appointed…….& Lings appointee, Steve Davis, turned out to be a very poor appointment, which cost the owners/club, many thousands of pounds, to pay up his contract, when he was sacked a few months later.
I truly believe, appointing Ling was a bad move football wise, but the reason I believe he ws appointed only had a little to do with football…..I will explain that more fully, a bit later on.

The players signed in 2017, were in the main extremely poor. There were a few exceptions to this, particularly Bonne, and to a degree McAnnuf, who eventually turned out a good player, and captain, but as I say most were poor. Some might say there were mitigating reasons, such as the time ( End of June), when we had to take what was left, but my opinion is, we got what we got, because Ling isnt a very good judge of a good player.

I should have said, right at the top, as far as I’m concerned, the one and only aim, should have been to get Leyton Orient FC back in the EFL, as soon as possible…….everything else pales into insignificance IMO.

This is a football club, that had been a League club since 1905, uninterrupted, and getting us back there was absolute priority, or should have been, but I dont believe it was, or is.

The players a club signs, give the fans a big clue, as to the size of their ambitions, and our club has shown no ambition as far as im concerned.

Two signings this summer…...one a crock, who was bought injured ( remember Mezague from the Italians tenure), and the other a reject from Tranmere, who was the fans most hated player, because according to them, he is useless. It remains to be seen, if the crock can come good, and if the fans at Tranmere were wrong…...but the ambitions of the club look poor to me, when one looks at the players our rivals are signing. Salford, Ebbsfleet & Fylde ARE ambitious clubs, and its easy to see the difference between them and us.
This is why I am saying , getting out of this league is not the priority it shoud be, in the eyes of our owners……..so what is?

This is the crux of the matter. I believe the priority is to have this club, that is part social club , part football club. Where everyone is made welcome in a friendly atmosphere, where the Chief investor , rings up people, to show he is a friendly welcoming guy, where he stands with the fans at matches, to show hes a man of the people, where he poses for a plethora of photos with the fans…...all promoting the idea of this friendly social club…….its almost as if the football is a side issue. There’s nothing wrong with all of this, if the stuff on thee pitch was being taken care of properly……...but it patently isnt, and never will with a football pygmy like Ling in charge of every player that comes in. Edinburgh has almost no say in players coming in…...Ling is head honcho, and he decides at the end of the day.
Remember early in this post, I said I would get to the rason Ling was hired…..and it obviously isnt football knowledge…….its because he gives off the right image…….this friendly family image. Ex player & manager, loves the club etc etc.
The bit that matters IMO, on the pitch, isnt so important to the owners as this family, friendly club, and the atmosphere it creates.

As a club gets up the leagues, the costs to the owners go up. Wages are higher in League 1, than in National League, but at Orient the gates wouldnt improve much…...we were getting much the same crowd now as we did in league 1, so maybe the owners have thought they dont want the extra expense…...who knows, but I do know, the ambition to bust a gut to get back in the league isnt there.

Salford, Ebbsfleet, probably aren’t as friendly clubs as Orient. The owners dont phone up the punters like our owners do, but they will both be playing League football, a lot sooner than we do, thats for sure. They really WANT to get out of this league.

I genuinely think we will become the new Wrexham, who are about to start their thirteenth season as a National League club, since being relegated all those years ago.

I have only touched on this, but this post is the longest Ive ever written, and its time to stop now.
Ive loved this club a lot longer than the vast majority of you on here ( not all of you in know that)

Fifty Two years of life supporting this club, and I really want to see it back in the league before I die
Last edited by Smendrick Feaselberg on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Well I hope he read Justin’s notes in the programme today as he was praising a certain Martin Ling. Yes he praised him. Why is it the owners like Ling, the Manager likes Ling the fans for the most part like Ling expect of course Mr ComeOnYouOsRS and Divoriented.
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

Apart from Wycombe(I think)..Any other team won the NL and FA Trophy double
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

I think COYORS and Disoriented have gone to Love 💗 Island for the remainder of the weekend
Captain Zep
Fresh Alias

Post by Captain Zep »

MrB wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:13 pm Apart from Wycombe(I think)..Any other team won the NL and FA Trophy double
Colchester
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

Captain Zep wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:27 pm
MrB wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:13 pm Apart from Wycombe(I think)..Any other team won the NL and FA Trophy double
Colchester
😎
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Only Orient fans could 'enjoy' a title win by immediately trying to slag off someone else.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Thor wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:40 pm So ComeOnYouOsRS what was it you were saying back in July last year? Let me remind you.

ComeOnYouOsRS
Posts 4,126
Jul 17, 2018 #34

I have been saying, since Christmas last year, that Salford will be a Championship side, before the next General election. They have filthy rich owners, who are bankrolling the club, plus ambition
Burton went from National League to championship, without anywhere near the money that Salford have
I think they will win the National League this coming season by 12 points, but they may take a few games to blend, so we have them first game, which is the best time to play them

Search
13 posts
ComeOnYouOsRS
Posts 4,126

Before a ball had been kicked, my predictions were Salford first, Ebbsfleet second, Fylde third, and us fourth
Apart from Ebbsfleet, who had a small melt down in October time, I stick to the rest

we have done fantastically well to be top for a good few weeks, but we wont stay here ...its play off lottery for us in May

As for Salford...theyll be in the Championship within half a dozen years for sure, whilst they have the financial clout from 6 millionaires

all season long I’ve listened to you put this team, club, owners, players, managers, directors, even the dustmen, well maybe not them. So as Delia once screamed “let’s be having you and let’s have your apology, you were wrong on every single point you’ve made this season.
I fell asleep twice reading this reply 😅😅
Orientinoz
Fresh Alias

Post by Orientinoz »

Thor you could have just said COYOSRS is a miserable git and doesnt know his arse from his elbow....no need for all the long posts..
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Poor CoyosRon. One of the most clueless and angry boarders we have ever had. His posts on the kits this season were a pinnacle of hypocrisy. He will be as happy as the rest of us though, and enjoying our promotion.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Thor wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:40 pm So ComeOnYouOsRS what was it you were saying back in July last year? Let me remind you.

ComeOnYouOsRS
Posts 4,126
Jul 17, 2018 #34

Search
13 posts
ComeOnYouOsRS
Posts 4,126

Dear or dear. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Have you got nothing better to do with your life apart from dredging up old posts?

Incredible that after yesterday of all days that you gain more satisfaction in having pitiful digs at others.

Sad.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

I personally think it really matters not what other people say or do
lets all just be happy we are now out off this league.COYOS.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

greyhound wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:51 am I personally think it really matters not what other people say or do
lets all just be happy we are now out off this league.COYOS.
👍
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Strange
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Yes, it's stupid to slag someone off after such a wonderful day for our football club.
Most of us know that coyo's will be as happy as a pig in sh*t.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:59 am Yes, it's stupid to slag someone off after such a wonderful day for our football club.
Most of us know that coyo's will be as happy as a pig in sh*t.
Why is anyone surprised? The OP in his designer clothes is well known for this sort of character assassination.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Hasn't anyone realised some boarders get a kick by being WUMMERS and then seeing others bite
VeganO
Fresh Alias

Post by VeganO »

EliotNes wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:37 am Hasn't anyone realised some boarders get a kick by being WUMMERS and then seeing others bite
Am afraid that's right.
A very disappointing thread particularly in view of our great achievement this season.
So what if someone expresses an honest view & turns out to be wrong?
Let's just all be delighted that the club is well & truly on the road to recovery.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Hands up, I got some things wrong.....I felt at the time certain things, and gave an opinion. I said if i got it wrong Id come on here and put my hands up
Im doing that now.
I am , as few have mentioned more delighted than you can ever imagine about promotion and being champions. At the final whistle, i cried....real tears. This means more to me than you will ever imagine..I am so happy

As a few have said, im also slightly perturbed by the speed at which a few boarders couldnt wait to slag me off, rather than celebrate the championship win.

We all get it wrong sometimes, and I got a few things wrong over the season for which I am now holding my hands up for

I'll still be posting my opinions in the future, as I see it at the time, and some I'll get right and some I'll get wrong....same as everyone else

UP THE O'S......HERES TO ANOTHER PROMOTION IN 12 MONTHS TIME
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Love seeing the miserable members of this board getting called out.

They deserve it.

The same people who spent the entire season sneering at anybody who was optimistic about the club, with their arrogant superiority complex.

Can add Spen666 to this list. Never says a single positive thing about the club or it’s supporters. And guess what, he hasn’t said a single positive thing about the achievement of winning the NL.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Esteban wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:25 am Love seeing the miserable members of this board getting called out.

They deserve it.

The same people who spent the entire season sneering at anybody who was optimistic about the club, with their arrogant superiority complex.

Can add Spen666 to this list. Never says a single positive thing about the club or it’s supporters. And guess what, he hasn’t said a single positive thing about the achievement of winning the NL.
He isn’t an Orient fan that is why.
VeganO
Fresh Alias

Post by VeganO »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:20 am Hands up, I got some things wrong.....I felt at the time certain things, and gave an opinion. I said if i got it wrong Id come on here and put my hands up
Im doing that now.
I am , as few have mentioned more delighted than you can ever imagine about promotion and being champions. At the final whistle, i cried....real tears. This means more to me than you will ever imagine..I am so happy

As a few have said, im also slightly perturbed by the speed at which a few boarders couldnt wait to slag me off, rather than celebrate the championship win.

We all get it wrong sometimes, and I got a few things wrong over the season for which I am now holding my hands up for

I'll still be posting my opinions in the future, as I see it at the time, and some I'll get right and some I'll get wrong....same as everyone else

👍 Good post.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:20 am Hands up, I got some things wrong.....I felt at the time certain things, and gave an opinion. I said if i got it wrong Id come on here and put my hands up
Im doing that now.

Well said fella.