JMD

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

JMD

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Why isnt he playing from the start every game?
He has more ooomph in him than anyone else, he frequently is the only one capable of carrying the ball 25 yards from midfield into attacking positions, and he has a bit of class about him, something we seem to lack elsewhere.
I know we all have our opinions, but I would love to know if anyone else agrees with me on this subject?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: JMD

Post by Long slender neck »

We really need to sort our shape out to accommodate our exciting attacking players like him.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:52 am Why isnt he playing from the start every game?
He has more ooomph in him than anyone else, he frequently is the only one capable of carrying the ball 25 yards from midfield into attacking positions, and he has a bit of class about him, something we seem to lack elsewhere.
I know we all have our opinions, but I would love to know if anyone else agrees with me on this subject?
Now Carl Fletcher's in charge he might begin to start games . New way of thinking, new tactics , who knows but we'll have to wait and see.
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:52 am Why isnt he playing from the start every game?
Lots of ability, only question is how strong and fit he is. I would play him every game.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

He has been disappointing last season. I expected him to be one of our main men, but he is rightly 5th out of 5 wingers at the moment. He needs to be more consistent in big moments of big games. He is one of our most talented players and I think he could be key for us, but he needs to step up at the moment.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

More of an AMC than a winger.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:15 pm More of an AMC than a winger.
Yes quite possibly, but we're not playing with one at the moment so if he wants to get into the team it will have to be as a winger.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

I'd rather have him up top with Harrold than Alabi. Or playing just off of him. Think that could be a good combo.
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

RientO wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:02 pm
Lots of ability, only question is how strong and fit he is. I would play him every game.
JMD will never be fit/strong enough. He's just not one of those people. In all the big games where a bit of fight is needed, he does not contribute enough.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Have you seen him this season? He's been massively disappointing.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Best position is wide right cutting inside. Much like most of our attackers. Rarely played there. Brophy being played through the middle is nothing short of a disgrace
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Red_Army wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:11 pm He has been disappointing last season. I expected him to be one of our main men, but he is rightly 5th out of 5 wingers at the moment. He needs to be more consistent in big moments of big games. He is one of our most talented players and I think he could be key for us, but he needs to step up at the moment.
This.

As a technical player he's probably the best in the club, but as above he has not been consistent enough and he goes missing too often especially when you need him. His best performances have come from off the bench.

Personally I'd love to see him step up and be a permanent fixture in the team however, he must earn that right. I wish he well and hope he does.
Constantine
Fresh Alias

Post by Constantine »

Only way he fits in is playing off the striker as he has no idea about tracking back.
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

I thought he was going to be a key player this season, but from what I have seen so far he has been very disappointing.

Lets hope our new coach can get him to perform on a higher level. He is only 22 and has played most of his first team football in National League.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Bergen wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:14 pm I thought he was going to be a key player this season, but from what I have seen so far he has been very disappointing.

Lets hope our new coach can get him to perform on a higher level. He is only 22 and has played most of his first team football in National League.
I think the penalty miss against Crewe is the perfect example as to one of the reasons he’s not starting more often.
He’s been disappointing but as with all of the players, including Alabi, they start with a clean slate and Fletch will probably give them all a chance.
Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fisch »

Isn't Dayton his main competitor?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Cheshunto wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:08 pm
Bergen wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:14 pm I thought he was going to be a key player this season, but from what I have seen so far he has been very disappointing.

I think the penalty miss against Crewe is the perfect example as to one of the reasons he’s not starting more often.
He’s been disappointing but as with all of the players, including Alabi, they start with a clean slate and Fletch will probably give them all a chance.

JMG is a good player, don’t worry about that. I’m sure the best is yet to come from him.
mildandbitter
Fresh Alias

Post by mildandbitter »

Doesn't get in the game enough for me. You can see he's got something about him though. He is only 22, maybe he needs a bit more time.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Needs encouragement. He could and should be our best player.
O my gawd
Fresh Alias

Post by O my gawd »

He's a very good player but he can be inconsistent
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

I like JMD. My type of player but needs to up his consistency. Quality, sometimes. Over to you Fletch.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

LittleMate wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:20 pm
JMD will never be fit/strong enough. He's just not one of those people. In all the big games where a bit of fight is needed, he does not contribute enough.
''Never'' is a long time.
JMD is only young, so plenty of time for him to get stronger and fitter.
RicketyCricket
Fresh Alias

Post by RicketyCricket »

Good technical ability, probably best as an impact sub. Think he's better at RW as gets involved more there, not so sure why a few people were expecting big things from him this season, he's yet to show it.
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Sid Bishop wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:59 pm

Sid, if he ain't got the physical/fitness side at 22 then he's probably never going to have it. You can just tell that he's always had the ability and so never had to rely on it - until the past 2 seasons. That's why he's now a league 2 bench warmer and not a championship player.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

LittleMate wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:04 am
Sid Bishop wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:59 pm

Sid, if he ain't got the physical/fitness side at 22 then he's probably never going to have it. You can just tell that he's always had the ability and so never had to rely on it - until the past 2 seasons. That's why he's now a league 2 bench warmer and not a championship player.
We shall see on that matter, he is very skillful so let us hope that he does come good.