All gone quiet.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: All gone quiet.

Post by Thor »

I saw that they are having an evening tonight with the new people at the club.

One or two things will happen, they announce it tomorrow thus by passing any questions tonight. Or two they announce it and say he's at the meeting and all the remaining tickets sell out.
North Stand Dave
Fresh Alias

Post by North Stand Dave »

Byways on a break again, eat your Big Mac & get back serving, your obviously bored as you keep doing these insesent silly posts.
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

Maybe the club and new manager have been shocked by the amount of criticism about the appointment and are all having second thoughts. Probably not but you never know. The reaction has been fairly negative.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Eat The Rich wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:58 pm Maybe the club and new manager have been shocked by the amount of criticism about the appointment and are all having second thoughts. Probably not but you never know. The reaction has been fairly negative.
I started a thread with this theme yesterday
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2007
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Hopefully he has turned it down. Then we can get an experinced manager in & not a loans manager
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:02 pm
Eat The Rich wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:58 pm Maybe the club and new manager have been shocked by the amount of criticism about the appointment and are all having second thoughts. Probably not but you never know. The reaction has been fairly negative.
I started a thread with this theme yesterday
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2007
I think the club are strong enough to trust their own convictions over the opinions of some faceless messageboard accounts or twitter users with too much time on their hands and not enough to worry about.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

it will happen soon enough. The club ain't gonna give a running commentary on the process and nor should they.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Thor wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:44 pm He never paid up on the bet he lost to me, I told you he would do the same to you.

Byways1 pay the £10 to JE3 or be sent to Coventry forever.
Can he not be banned until he makes his donation?
Oooh!
Fresh Alias

Post by Oooh! »

Really hope they haven't been affected by what fans are saying. They should just trust their judgement. Most fans talk absolute rubbish. I'm sure they wouldn't be swayed by all that 'we need an experienced manager' stuff. Nigel and Kent must have made 100s of big recruitment decisions and I'm sure get more right than wrong.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

aylesburyos wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:29 pm Hopefully he has turned it down. Then we can get an experinced manager in & not a loans manager

Spot on !
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

dOh Nut wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:17 pm it will happen soon enough. The club ain't gonna give a running commentary on the process and nor should they.
Then they shouldnt have said

"We've made a decision, we've made an offer and we're in the midst of negotiating the particulars of the situation.

I don't think it will be announced tomorrow which is Sunday but my expectation is that early next week we will have announced who it is and we've got to do the transition period from where they are to where we want them to be. "
Oooh!
Fresh Alias

Post by Oooh! »

PoundhillO wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:30 pm
aylesburyos wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:29 pm Hopefully he has turned it down. Then we can get an experinced manager in & not a loans manager

Spot on !
Why? You've got no idea what Fletcher's going to be like, and no idea how a more experienced manager would get on. And how do you know that 'experience' at another club would be a more important factor in success than the fact that Fletcher's been deemed the right fit within the current coaching setup?

Seriously, given where we've come from in the last couple of years you'd think people could just trust Nigel, Kent, Lingy etc to get on with it and back their decision.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

PoundhillO seems incapable of independent thought thesedays. Just tends to reply "Spot on!" or "Agreed!" whenever anyone posts anything negative about aspects of the club.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:31 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:17 pm it will happen soon enough. The club ain't gonna give a running commentary on the process and nor should they.
Then they shouldnt have said

"We've made a decision, we've made an offer and we're in the midst of negotiating the particulars of the situation.

I don't think it will be announced tomorrow which is Sunday but my expectation is that early next week we will have announced who it is and we've got to do the transition period from where they are to where we want them to be. "
A fair observation and one i made yesterday. There was no need to say what they did, could have left it more open. But having given a date it should have happened. But stuff happens and I don’t expect the club to talk about private negotiations.
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:49 pm PoundhillO seems incapable of independent thought thesedays. Just tends to reply "Spot on!" or "Agreed!" whenever anyone posts anything negative about aspects of the club.
Yeah, I noticed that too, Smendrick, not a good conversationalist me thinks. :roll: