Carl Fletcher

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

O my gawd
Fresh Alias

Re: Carl Fletcher

Post by O my gawd »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:10 am I’m not at all positive about it but I’m hoping he does well. I’ll give it 10 or so games before making my opinion on it. He deserves time and support.

If he plays a 433, drops Ling and plays Brophy on the left wing, then he’ll give himself the best base to start from.
Of course in the grand scheme of things the manager should be judged on whether he picks Ling or Judd. 🙄
Jeez what a kn0bhead
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Just saw something on a Twitter feed that made me realise that Fletcher has been judged as a manager by some on here when at Plymouth - when he was younger than 3 of our current playing staff. I'd imagine he's a very different man today.
Oooh!
Fresh Alias

Post by Oooh! »

I have two Plymouth supporting mates that think highly of Fletcher. Was seen as a bit of a hero in a desperate situation, was well liked and they're delighted it looks like he's getting another chance. Honestly don't know why people are so wound up about it - there's no guarantee any manager's going to be a success, and if he's impressed the board and seems like the kind of bloke the squad will want to do well for then great, let's get behind the fella.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

LittleMate wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:14 pm Just saw something on a Twitter feed that made me realise that Fletcher has been judged as a manager by some on here when at Plymouth - when he was younger than 3 of our current playing staff. I'd imagine he's a very different man today.
Of course he is and no doubt wiser. And not all the stuff about his time at Plymouth was negative, far from it. The problem is it’s very hard to gain some sort of feel for what the guy is about other than the historical stuff so it’s inevitable.

Once he gets a grip here, gives a few interviews and starts building his matchday reputation all this historical stuff will be forgotten.

He will be judged and rightly so on what we see on the pitch. Let’s face it, sorting out the defence will be a major and very welcome step forward.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

O my gawd wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:13 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:10 am I’m not at all positive about it but I’m hoping he does well. I’ll give it 10 or so games before making my opinion on it. He deserves time and support.

If he plays a 433, drops Ling and plays Brophy on the left wing, then he’ll give himself the best base to start from.
Of course in the grand scheme of things the manager should be judged on whether he picks Ling or Judd. 🙄
Jeez what a kn0bhead
Did I mention Judd? Look at Walsall’s goal the other day, look how lost Ling looks in the box. He’s incredibly slow and incredibly slow to react to anything. He has done nothing to show he deserves to start every week. If he does what I say, he’ll start well and have a solid base to continue.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

A good place to start is getting to know the players and their abilities. Lots to do before he is in a position to judge who he feels is best suited to the way he wants to play. If it’s Ling, so be it. Far too soon to judge that sort of stuff.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Jeez what a kn0bhead
Did I mention Judd? Look at Walsall’s goal the other day, look how lost Ling looks in the box. He’s incredibly slow and incredibly slow to react to anything. He has done nothing to show he deserves to start every week. If he does what I say, he’ll start well and have a solid base to continue.
Judd started against Walsall.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

dOh Nut wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:22 pm
LittleMate wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:14 pm Just saw something on a Twitter feed that made me realise that Fletcher has been judged as a manager by some on here when at Plymouth - when he was younger than 3 of our current playing staff. I'd imagine he's a very different man today.
Of course he is and no doubt wiser. And not all the stuff about his time at Plymouth was negative, far from it. The problem is it’s very hard to gain some sort of feel for what the guy is about other than the historical stuff so it’s inevitable.

Once he gets a grip here, gives a few interviews and starts building his matchday reputation all this historical stuff will be forgotten.

He will be judged and rightly so on what we see on the pitch. Let’s face it, sorting out the defence will be a major and very welcome step forward.
You say he will be judged on the pitch, but plenty here have started to judge him before he's even been appointed.
O my gawd
Fresh Alias

Post by O my gawd »

Jeez what a kn0bhead
It's your obsession with Ling. He didn't even play v Walsall but you're digging him out again.
Clueless 🤡
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Red_Army wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:24 pm

Jeez what a kn0bhead
Judd started against Walsall.
No he didn’t
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

O my gawd wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:30 pm

Jeez what a kn0bhead
It's your obsession with Ling. He didn't even play v Walsall but you're digging him out again.
Clueless 🤡
Yes he did
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

My mistake.
Last edited by Long slender neck on Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Ok, it was Judd I saw on the highlights, doing the same as what Ling usually does. This just proves to me that Orient need a right back urgently. I’ve been saying it for over a year. Not only that, they need a new coaching set up.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:32 pm
Clueless 🤡
Yes he did

Biggles the Mr Magoo of the board Ling is injured Judd played vs Walsall lol
What a Molly
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:36 pm Ok, it was Judd I saw on the highlights, doing the same as what Ling usually does. This just proves to me that Orient need a right back urgently. I’ve been saying it for over a year. Not only that, they need a new coaching set up.
It proves your football nous is zero Biggles
Take up lacrosse
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:36 pm Ok, it was Judd I saw on the highlights, doing the same as what Ling usually does. This just proves to me that Orient need a right back urgently. I’ve been saying it for over a year. Not only that, they need a new coaching set up.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Big Shot
Fresh Alias

Post by The Big Shot »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:32 pm
Clueless 🤡
Yes he did
This is really gutting to see, someone I look up to who is never, ever wrong. Getting something wrong :(
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

How can anyone single out Judd for the goal on Saturday? :lol:

Only one person to blame, and that's the lump that spilled, then laid prone on the floor motionless as everyone else reacted to the loose ball.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

dOh Nut wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:44 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:23 am
dOh Nut wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:56 am

Assuming Wayne Burnett was interested, but I take your point. Maybe Fletcher just moves in different circles to regular managers. Got to admit I never knew the position of loan manager existed. I guess that comes from living in the lower leagues.

But either way, I do hope it signals the start of getting in some decent loan players. It would be handy to pick up a striker right now.
If Carl Fletcher is to be a success at Orient and prove people like me wrong then bringing in good quality loans has to be one of his strengths . It's a result based business and if Carl Fletcher can get them then he will be seen as an inspired choice by the club. Obviously If he gets the gig I'll back him 100%
I think you’ve said what I meant but in a better way. He would not have got the job solely based on his knowledge of the loan market but when several candidates offer similar strengths then his knowledge of this area could well be a differential.
What does this even mean, knowledge of the loan market? It's not some great mystery.

If anything, he's totally unprepared for it - at Bournemouth, he was loaning players out to get them game time and to develop his own kids, here he will be doing the polar opposite.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

RedO wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:02 pm
How can anyone single out Judd for the goal on Saturday? :lol:

Only one person to blame, and that's the lump that spilled, then laid prone on the floor motionless as everyone else reacted to the loose ball.
Hard to blame Judd Saturday. And yes, I watched the Walsall goal a few times and whilst players were moving about, for a second or two Brill lay there motionless before moving, poor spill, poo poo reactions. Too many pork pies.
O my gawd
Fresh Alias

Post by O my gawd »

The only it proves is you're not qualified to criticise the decision makers or players.
Get back to playing Fifa ✊💦💦
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Clearly did not attend the game if you only have the highlights to refer to.

I said to a pal on Saturday that Ling picked a good game to dodge. Judd was up against a real live wire and he was well supported. When his man got take off on about 65 their fans clearly disapproved and Judd then showed menace getting forward.

As for needing a right back, left back or anyone - the new man will judge that and nobody on here.
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

I reckon he has done a fancy Powerpoint presentation & Kent will love that. KT thinks Bournemouth are some huge PL club. The reality is witout the Russian cash they would be smaller than us & have been for most of the time I have supported O's. Prob told Kent that he works with Eddie Howe all day. Anyway was it a demotion to go from youth coach to loans manager?
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

aylesburyos wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:38 pm I reckon he has done a fancy Powerpoint presentation & Kent will love that. KT thinks Bournemouth are some huge PL club. The reality is witout the Russian cash they would be smaller than us & have been for most of the time I have supported O's. Prob told Kent that he works with Eddie Howe all day. Anyway was it a demotion to go from youth coach to loans manager?
Errrr. Without Texan money we wouldn’t exist. Bournemouth are a PL club significantly bigger than us and if Fletcher was so keen to get the role he produced a PowerPoint presentation then bloody well done, the sort of initiative from a young forward thinking modern manager we need.

The old fart managers probably turned up with a blackboard and coloured chalk or a scrap of paper with utterings nobody could read.

I’m warming to him all the time.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Kent trying to sell it to the fans today on Twitter.