JOHN TERRY

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

koppio
Fresh Alias

JOHN TERRY

Post by koppio »

Has anyone had the thought that our new Manager / Head Coach could be John Terry? Consider:
(1) Historic and close relationship between ML and Dean Smith - negotiations may have been with Smith's consent,
(2) Terry bought a Surrey mansion earlier this year and has probably been commuting to Birmingham for work leaving the wife and kids in Surrey.
(3) Within reason, salary would not be an issue. Terry may be keen to be a No. 1 rather than an "Assistant".
(4) Ambitious to forge a career as a football team manager so we may be a good "start" in his mind.
O my gawd
Fresh Alias

Re: JOHN TERRY

Post by O my gawd »

Not entirely an unfeasible suggestion. He would have his brother to possibly advise him about lower league football as well.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Doubt he has the right character as an individual to Manage our team.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Obviously a bit of a history but would be an unbelievably good choice therefore no. With his contacts we would get quality loan signings for starters. Everyone who has ever played with him says he is a born leader. We won’t get him because orient is a “family club” plus he would want to bring in his own people + he would probably ignore Lings advice in about 2 minutes. No, we will find some yes man and continue as we are for years to come.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Not sure the internet is for you Upminster. Perhaps go onto the Tottenham website, they wanted to get rid of Pochettino after losing a champions league final. Or the Millwall website, they thought that finishing 8th on the championship last year was chronic failure. There is a direct correlation between the amount of moaning fans do with increased performance levels from the players in numerous surveys that I can’t find at the moment.
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

I’d shred my ST the very same day.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

John Terry will go on to manage in the premier league and could even be a future England manager. Not sure he cares about you shredding you’re season ticket because, like most of us, he has made a mistake or two in the past, to be honest.
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Beradogs wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:15 am Not sure the internet is for you Upminster. Perhaps go onto the Tottenham website, they wanted to get rid of Pochettino after losing a champions league final. Or the Millwall website, they thought that finishing 8th on the championship last year was chronic failure. There is a direct correlation between the amount of moaning fans do with increased performance levels from the players in numerous surveys that I can’t find at the moment.
That may have been Millwall the previous year: they were 21st last year.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

JT has his sights set very high so I doubt he’d ever consider this level in his career.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Beradogs wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:15 am There is a direct correlation between the amount of moaning fans do with increased performance levels from the players in numerous surveys that I can’t find at the moment.
Surveys that you can't find as you made them up?
And correlation isn't necessarily the same as causation anyway.
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

koppio wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:56 am Has anyone had the thought that our new Manager / Head Coach could be John Terry? Consider:
(1) Historic and close relationship between ML and Dean Smith - negotiations may have been with Smith's consent,
(2) Terry bought a Surrey mansion earlier this year and has probably been commuting to Birmingham for work leaving the wife and kids in Surrey.
(3) Within reason, salary would not be an issue. Terry may be keen to be a No. 1 rather than an "Assistant".
(4) Ambitious to forge a career as a football team manager so we may be a good "start" in his mind.
Dream on.
Yeah he is bound to chuck a well paid assistant managers job at Villa to join a club that can’t afford to repair a leaky roof.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Thor wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:29 am JT has his sights set very high so I doubt he’d ever consider this level in his career.
Good, so no thanks, anyway.
O my gawd
Fresh Alias

Post by O my gawd »

Beradogs wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:15 am Not sure the internet is for you Upminster. Perhaps go onto the Tottenham website, they wanted to get rid of Pochettino after losing a champions league final. Or the Millwall website, they thought that finishing 8th on the championship last year was chronic failure. There is a direct correlation between the amount of moaning fans do with increased performance levels from the players in numerous surveys that I can’t find at the moment.
That's it in a nutshell Bera, 75% of fans on anonymous boards like this are negative, poisonous, clueless, irrational ar$eholes.
We know who they are on here 😂
Let's be honest, the guys making the decisions know far more about running a club than we ever will, so let them get on with it.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Nah more chance of finding an ice cube in hell
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

UpminsterO wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:34 am
koppio wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:56 am Has anyone had the thought that our new Manager / Head Coach could be John Terry? Consider:
Yes you may be correct
😅 Really? Given that Terry has an ego to match the size of Max B Gold’s, what would possess him to start at a L2 club? He will want to do what his pal Frankie did and start his career at a bigger championship club. It is fanciful in the extreme to tout him for a job like ours.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

O my gawd wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:56 am
That's it in a nutshell Bera, 75% of fans on anonymous boards like this are negative, poisonous, clueless, irrational ar$eholes.
Let's be honest, the guys making the decisions know far more about running a club than we ever will, so let them get on with it.
Speak for yourself fella. 👍
O my gawd
Fresh Alias

Post by O my gawd »

Disoriented wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:20 am
😂😂😂 I'll give you bumhole, but me negative or irrational? Never 😜
HastaLaVista
Fresh Alias

Post by HastaLaVista »

John Terry has lived in Surrey for years. If you've read recently about him buying a place in Surrey it just means he's bought an even bigger mansion!! The Chelsea training ground at Cobham is just down the road to where he lived when he played for them.
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

UpminsterO wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:45 am
Thor wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:29 am JT has his sights set very high so I doubt he’d ever consider this level in his career.
But I heard an interview where it said JE was very ambitious but he was thinking the could achieve that with LoFc

Remember Lofc were in the old second division now the championship and to get Lofc back there would be a very big achievement in any managers cv

From memory Brentford were in the one and two divisions below at the time

Millwall were below at times

Charlton were below I am sure

Look at Cowley Bros they rapid rise due to sequential success

I really think Lofc is a fantastic opportunity for any football person with a manager career
Well if his very ambitious he ain’t going to come hear.
We are at best a mid table
L1 club and people should grow up and realise that.
It’s not the 1970s anymore.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

O my gawd wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:27 am

You are all above and add abusive to the list.

Post reported.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Deeply weird cobblers
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

Disoriented wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:35 am

Post reported.
Don’t report him that’s a bit soft.
If you give an opinion on this board expect to take a bit of stick.
Grassing was a no no when I was growing up.
No need to run to teacher.
Time to grow up and grow a pair.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Byways1 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:41 am

Post reported.
Don’t report him that’s a bit soft.
If you give an opinion on this board expect to take a bit of stick.
Grassing was a no no when I was growing up.
No need to run to teacher.
Time to grow up and grow a pair.
Obscenities have no place on a MB. If he could offer anything witty, it would be a different matter.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Can't see Terry coming here. OTF would approve though
O my gawd
Fresh Alias

Post by O my gawd »

Post reported.
Aaah bless, pull the curtains open & let in some light. It must be so dark in the world of Dis.
Considering I'm a happy clapper & you are critical about virtually everything the club does, you throwing out negative to me isn't going to stick.
Do you report everyone who Disagrees with you?