Northampton stewards

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Northampton stewards

Post by Stamford O »

What a bunch of bell ends
HenleyO
Fresh Alias

Re: Northampton stewards

Post by HenleyO »

Agreed
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Stewards apart I thought the staff at Northampton made us very welcome , a young lady got on the supporters coach both before and after the game and gave us details of the clubhouse ect, she even wished us a safe journey home and all the best for the rest of the season after the game , nice tribute to Justin also pre match 👍👍
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

I thought their staff were pretty good too. A couple of incidents, one before kick off and one after the goal. Don’t know what happened so can’t say if they acted well or badly. But overall, polite and helpful.

The tribute to Justin was very nice.
NorthantsO
Fresh Alias

Post by NorthantsO »

Not sure what the issue with the folk standing up was all about at the start but the second one happened right in front of me. One of our lot got on the pitch to celebrate with the the players and the stewards reacted instantly chasing him off the pitch. Can't see how they should come in for any flack about that.

The JE tribute at the start was very nice, thought it was appropriate they opted for celebratory applause for his life & achievements rather than silence for memory.
Philip J. Fry
Fresh Alias

Post by Philip J. Fry »

Looked like the issue at the start of the game was with fans standing on the stairs instead of finding a seat. I was right behind the goal and there were several seats available, so it all seemed a bit odd to argue with stewards over. Maybe there was something I missed?

The steward chasing the fan after we scored looked a bit over the top. Literally sprinted after him. I thought he must have swung a punch if that's how desperate they were to catch him. Again, maybe I missed something.

Spoke to staff in the club shop before the game and they were very chatty and nice
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Philip J. Fry wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:03 am Looked like the issue at the start of the game was with fans standing on the stairs instead of finding a seat. I was right behind the goal and there were several seats available, so it all seemed a bit odd to argue with stewards over. Maybe there was something I missed?

The steward chasing the fan after we scored looked a bit over the top. Literally sprinted after him. I thought he must have swung a punch if that's how desperate they were to catch him. Again, maybe I missed something.

Spoke to staff in the club shop before the game and they were very chatty and nice
There certainly didn't look enough seats to me. If were supposed to have taken 960, and the stand holds 800, then that means there must have been 160 in the overspill on the side. It was nowhere near that number. It would have been a lot easier if they had just opened the overspill section.

Personally I can't stand games where we fill the away end. You aren't able to stand and you get a worse relative level of support. I much prefer 300-odd rattling around in an away end where everyone can sit or stand where they like- they tend to be better trips as well.
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Stamford O »

Only the stewards pitch side were twats.desperate to get someone after being made to look bad after standing issues.No stewards in main stand stopping their fans standing in aisles.
SurreyO
Fresh Alias

Post by SurreyO »

One of the supervisors had a row with another steward over the standing and then took off his bib and radio and stormed out of the ground! They fell over chasing our guy after the goal. Finally grabbed him by me in the stand and chucked him out. I think their pride may hace been hurt!
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

It's alright when we fill about half the stand for the "we sit where we want" brigade, but when it's near capacity it causes a problem. The home club should insist that stewards insure people are in the right seats.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Red_Army wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:53 am
Philip J. Fry wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:03 am Looked like the issue at the start of the game was with fans standing on the stairs instead of finding a seat. I was right behind the goal and there were several seats available, so it all seemed a bit odd to argue with stewards over. Maybe there was something I missed?

There certainly didn't look enough seats to me. If were supposed to have taken 960, and the stand holds 800, then that means there must have been 160 in the overspill on the side. It was nowhere near that number. It would have been a lot easier if they had just opened the overspill section.

Personally I can't stand games where we fill the away end. You aren't able to stand and you get a worse relative level of support. I much prefer 300-odd rattling around in an away end where everyone can sit or stand where they like- they tend to be better trips as well.
We should limit the number of away tickets sold to 300 or so just to keep you happy.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

I was sitting 6 rows back and missed half the second half with our fans standing up every time we attacked , and the srand up for the Orient chant is just bollox ☹.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

RedO wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:37 pm
Red_Army wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:53 am

We should limit the number of away tickets sold to 300 or so just to keep you happy.
I didn't say we shouldn't take a large support, I just said that I prefer games where we don't. I'm looking forward to Grimsby Saturday week.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

To be fair, I probably had that same aloof, elitist attitude when I was doing all the away games.

Still a bit prickish, innit.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

RedO wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:26 pm To be fair, I probably had that same aloof, elitist attitude when I was doing all the away games.

Still a bit prickish, innit.
Fair enough but I won't deny that I enjoy those type of games much more.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

The Mindsweep wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:41 am It's alright when we fill about half the stand for the "we sit where we want" brigade, but when it's near capacity it causes a problem. The home club should insist that stewards insure people are in the right seats.
This was the problem and I was next to the aisle where the row was going on. One orient fan who is and must be mentally challenged refused to sit in two seats that were empty as he wanted a full refund if he was not allowed to sit in the seats he paid for! What a tool.

Also that was one of the worse stands to watch football from as the goal obscured a lot of the pitch.
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Post-match, at least a few Orient fans were given full refunds by NTFC.
Read into that what you will..
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Scuba Diver wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:50 pm Post-match, at least a few Orient fans were given full refunds by NTFC.
They sold more tickets than there were seats.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Red_Army wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:25 pm
Scuba Diver wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:50 pm Post-match, at least a few Orient fans were given full refunds by NTFC.
How does that work? Thrown away my ticket but I’m sure it had a seat number on it.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

dOh Nut wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:00 pm
How does that work? Thrown away my ticket but I’m sure it had a seat number on it.
The stand holds 120 less than the quoted attendance which is why they had to open the overspill section.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Red_Army wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:08 pm

The stand holds 120 less than the quoted attendance which is why they had to open the overspill section.
I understand that. But selling more tickets with seat numbers on suggests they sold 120 seats twice. Understand the numbers but don’t understand how they can sell a seat twice.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

dOh Nut wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:00 pm

I understand that. But selling more tickets with seat numbers on suggests they sold 120 seats twice. Understand the numbers but don’t understand how they can sell a seat twice.
That's a question for NTFC.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

More than once I've been at the Orient and found someone sitting in my seat with the same number on his ticket as me in the South stand !! Luckily this hasn't happened since I've got a season ticket in the East Stand.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

BIGRON wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:57 am

More than once I've been at the Orient and found someone sitting in my seat with the same number on his ticket as me in the South stand !! Luckily this hasn't happened since I've got a season ticket in the East Stand.
Thanks Ron. I find that really odd but perhaps there is a reason behind it, other than instigating the odd punch up.