Premier League Assist Record

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Premier League Assist Record

Post by Thor »

I’m watching the Liverpool game from my sick bed and an interesting fact have just been rolled out. The assist record in the premier league history is 11, and Liverpool’s full banks Robertson after his assist is on 10 and Arnold after his assist is on 9. For full backs to be so high up the assist list shows how important it is to spread the load throughout the team. It also shows how important they are from an attacking perspective.

Next season let’s hope our attacking full backs could replicate such feats.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Premier League Assist Record

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Another assist for Robertson
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Thor wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:59 pm I’m watching the Liverpool game from my sick bed and an interesting fact have just been rolled out. The assist record in the premier league history is 11, and Liverpool’s full banks Robertson after his assist is on 10 and Arnold after his assist is on 9. For full backs to be so high up the assist list shows how important it is to spread the load throughout the team. It also shows how important they are from an attacking perspective.

That could spell the end of Widdowson then, normally our attacks break down with him, Think back to the game against Eastleigh, James Dayton avoided passing to Widdowson because he knew the attack would break down, Widdowson's first thought is to pass back not forward.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

That is a bit harsh. On today of all days, let’s laud our players and stop moaning about nonsense like the LOSC bar is not big enough.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

point nine one eight wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:37 am
Thor wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:59 pm I’m watching the Liverpool game from my sick bed and an interesting fact have just been rolled out. The assist record in the premier league history is 11, and Liverpool’s full banks Robertson after his assist is on 10 and Arnold after his assist is on 9. For full backs to be so high up the assist list shows how important it is to spread the load throughout the team. It also shows how important they are from an attacking perspective.

That could spell the end of Widdowson then, normally our attacks break down with him, Think back to the game against Eastleigh, James Dayton avoided passing to Widdowson because he knew the attack would break down, Widdowson's first thought is to pass back not forward.
What a complete tool ever thought the players have to play to a certain criteria the manager wants

Go take your negative bleat on the north circular
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

Disoriented wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:58 am That is a bit harsh. On today of all days, let’s laud our players and stop moaning about nonsense like the LOSC bar is not big enough.
For once I agree with you 👍👍
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

NOM wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:23 am
Disoriented wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:58 am That is a bit harsh. On today of all days, let’s laud our players and stop moaning about nonsense like the LOSC bar is not big enough.
For once I agree with you 👍👍
I also agree