This is how to recruit a manager.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Byways1
Fresh Alias

This is how to recruit a manager.

Post by Byways1 »

Hughton rejects Stoke as they begin search for Jones's replacement
No messing about, have the bloke lined up before you pull the trigger.
None of this sifting through CVs for them.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: This is how to recruit a manager.

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

This is how to recruit a manager...then gives an example of a club that has failed to recruit a manager
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:42 pm This is how to recruit a manager...then gives an example of a club that has failed to recruit a manager
Yeah but they ain’t waiting 4 months to identify a candidate.
Constantine
Fresh Alias

Post by Constantine »

And it hasn't worked because he's turned the job down.
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

Last time I looked Jones is still manager of stoke city 🤔
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Byways1 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:45 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:42 pm This is how to recruit a manager...then gives an example of a club that has failed to recruit a manager
Just because you keep going on about waiting four months that doesn't make it true.
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

kokomO wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:49 pm Last time I looked Jones is still manager of stoke city 🤔
= backstabbing.
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:50 pm
Just because you keep going on about waiting four months that doesn't make it true.
Interim means temporary. In old money Caretaker manager.
You appoint one while you look for someone permanent, if your lucky the caretaker might win a few and you give him the job. Never looked likely in this case.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Byways1 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:27 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:50 pm

Interim means temporary. In old money Caretaker manager.
You appoint one while you look for someone permanent, if your lucky the caretaker might win a few and you give him the job. Never looked likely in this case.
Too simplistic. You're not considering the approach of giving the interim manager a chance to prove he deserves to become the permanent manager.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

It may not have been successful in any way, but it was quick. :lol:
North Stand Dave
Fresh Alias

Post by North Stand Dave »

Byways what is your problem, has Ross & the club attended you in some way?
You really do have an issue of the way our club is handling the new managers thing.
You really are getting personal over this.
Have a Mcflurry on your tea break instead of a coke.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Some people want continual attention by getting a reaction. Even if it means demonstrating just how thick they are. Sad.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

dOh Nut wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:01 am Some people want continual attention by getting a reaction. Even if it means demonstrating just how thick they are. Sad.
Hehe :D
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

North Stand Dave wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:26 pm Byways what is your problem, has Ross & the club attended you in some way?
You really do have an issue of the way our club is handling the new managers thing.
Byways is right though - ‘interim’ means temporary and indicates the club were always investigating who would be best on a permanent basis. Of course they have had four months to identify / talk to targets. This faffing about now with CVs shows incompetence, which is not surprising given who our DOF is. It is obvious the new manager will come from his address book anyway.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

UpminsterO wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:35 am
Disoriented wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:17 am
North Stand Dave wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:26 pm Byways what is your problem, has Ross & the club attended you in some way?
Byways is right though - ‘interim’ means temporary and indicates the club were always investigating who would be best on a permanent basis. Of course they have had four months to identify / talk to targets. This faffing about now with CVs shows incompetence, which is not surprising given who our DOF is. It is obvious the new manager will come from his address book anyway.
I disagree that you conclude DOF and the club shows " incompetence" It is more of the case that they display loyalty to their current staff and RE position which he has just stated he does not want to carry on with.

You see above everything the owners and directors appear very loyal and the evidence to us all on this is the way they have stated in more than one interview that they wish to assist JE wife and family within the legislation as JE was the only wage earner into that family. Where else in this world do you see this type of behaviour - no where.

If they had started the process early than RE recent statement it would of very quickly undermined the existing staff.

I say well done for loyalty. My only small criticism is I do think the process should be subject to issuing comments about how many applicants or forcing the media to interview the Cambridge manager or telling us prior about coffee meetings.

I like a work process to be confidential, efficient and with deadlines - that's how I work
Good for you fella. It is such pomposity such as you display above that has led you to the very top of your profession and stand you out as an absolute plonker on here.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

UpminsterO wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:46 am My name is not Rodney so I would say I am no plonker.
I am one of the least pompous people I know - you just have no idea on my character or life style.
I am certainly not at the top of my profession yes I'm chartered in my field and have two professional body memberships and work in an environment of which my employers like my input. However that does not detract that my comments are not reasoned unlike your total normal rudeness of opinion
You come across as a leader in your field for sure.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Bloody hell. The club made it clear should Ross do well the job was his. Though I never liked the term interim it never suggested Ross was temporary, just his job title. No public statement was made about a time limit. The club was never going to be without a head coach, irrespective of job title. Should a change take place Ross was always going to be in charge until a new appointment.

Ross would be given more time to prove his worth. He was not about to be replaced. He chose, not the club, so why would they look around too much. Why would they go behind his back and treat him like sh*t.

We have owners with integrity and I’m bloody sure had they decided he needed replacing then private discussions would have taken place, replacement searching started away from the public gaze, before his removal was announced.

People who suggest we should have been going behind his back and secretly searching for his replacement whilst the guy, who took over in exceptionally difficult circumstances, loyal to the club and doing his best, need to take a long hard look at themselves and the type of shitbags they are.

They need to look up honesty, loyalty, integrity and do yourselves a favour.. we have a club with this. And thank god.
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

dOh Nut wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:01 am Some people want continual attention by getting a reaction. Even if it means demonstrating just how thick they are. Sad.
Yes, and you’re one of them.
For a leader in business to not understand the word interim means is laughable.
If the club had so much faith in this fella they would have gave him the job permanently.
It was obvious that they had major doubts about his suitability That was obvious to anybody . It was up to him to show that he was up to the job both on and off the field and it become clear after he plcked the line up against Swindon that he wasn’t.
Again I would imagine CVs would have been landing on Lings desk soon after JE died, cruel, but that is the way of the world. So I would have expected the new bloke to have been in charge last week.
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

We might disagree on Brexit but we are together on this.
I find it laughable that we and a couple of others find this ridiculous.
It looks like lt might well be Calderwood a bloke who has just signed a new improved contract which will now probably take a years salary to get him out of when we could have got him for next to nothing before the 21 st September.
Bizarre.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Byways1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:02 am
We might disagree on Brexit but we are together on this.
I find it laughable that we and a couple of others find this ridiculous.
It looks like lt might well be Calderwood a bloke who has just signed a new improved contract which will now probably take a years salary to get him out of when we could have got him for next to nothing before the 21 st September.
Bizarre.
Indeed.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Byways1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:54 am
If the club had so much faith in this fella they would have gave him the job permanently.
It was obvious that they had major doubts about his suitability That was obvious to anybody . It was up to him to show that he was up to the job both on and off the field and it become clear after he plcked the line up against Swindon that he wasn’t.
Again I would imagine CVs would have been landing on Lings desk soon after JE died, cruel, but that is the way of the world. So I would have expected the new bloke to have been in charge last week.
You use the word understand. Yes, I do,understand. I understand about treating people with respect and doing things the right way. I’m afraid it’s you that hasn’t got a clue and don’t understand too much at all. But like all big mouthed idiots, you are the only one who can’t see it.

You are a joke, a laughing stock. With almost every post you demonstrate just how little you know.

Sad.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Agree 100% the club should have been looking for a proven experienced Manager from the time they made Ross Embleton Interim (Caretaker Manager in old money) he had never proven himself as a caretaker manager before , so why should things have been any different this time round.
It has unnecessary cost us points and frustrated supporters who expect more after Justin’s amazing achievement in getting us promoted, only to see negativity in the process of getting an experienced, proven Manager to carry on the good work.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

PoundhillO wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:32 am

Agree 100% the club should have been looking for a proven experienced Manager from the time they made Ross Embleton Interim (Caretaker Manager in old money) he had never proven himself as a caretaker manager before , so why should things have been any different this time round.
It has unnecessary cost us points and frustrated supporters who expect more after Justin’s amazing achievement in getting us promoted, only to see negativity in the process of getting an experienced, proven Manager to carry on the good work.
You can't say that Embleton's ONE time as caretaker manager was sufficient to rule him out. The club didn't want to rush to replace Edinburgh permanently. This gave Embleton a chance to audition for the permanent role. He hasn't been good enough so now a process to recruit a permanent manager is underway, which will no doubt involve some potential candidates that the club had already identified. It's not difficult to understand this or why the club did it.
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

dOh Nut wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:46 am
Byways1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:54 am
You use the word understand. Yes, I do,understand. I understand about treating people with respect and doing things the right way. I’m afraid it’s you that hasn’t got a clue and don’t understand too much at all. But like all big mouthed idiots, you are the only one who can’t see it.

You are a joke, a laughing stock. With almost every post you demonstrate just how little you know.

Sad.
:lol: coming from an idiot who thought it was acceptable for an employer to kick a member of staff up the arse and thinks there is nothing wrong with it that is saying something.
“Treating people with respect “ what a knob.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Don't you think that maybe the club was grieving after the passing of Justin and that's why we weren't out immediately looking for somebody new .