Where has Kent Teague gone?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Where has Kent Teague gone?

Post by Red_Army »

A Pedant wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:58 am
Byways1 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:41 pm I have never known any football club have such a long winded process when replacing a caretaker manager
Southend still have a caretaker manager 4 weeks after Kevin Bond resigned.

Charlton had Lee Bowyer as a caretaker manager for six months until finally making the role permanent.

That's just two off the top of my head, I'm sure there are plenty of others where there's been a caretaker manager for a few weeks.

15 days between Steve Davis being sacked and Justin Edinburgh being appointed, by the way.
And Edinburgh was pretty much a nailed on front runner from the beginning.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Re: Where has Kent Teague gone?

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

I think it was Ling who said it may take two or three weeks, can’t quite remember his wording, if so it’s him and not the fans who have set the bar. I’ll have to dig out what he actually said.

The most important thing is recruiting who we believe will be the best fit for the club, that will be complicated by other clubs searching for a manager too, clubs who may attract the better guys, so perhaps we may need to wait for the leftovers.

What makes it pressing of course is our results, 2 wins in 11 and falling like a stone. Hopefully Ross can conjure up some decent results to ease the pressure on Ling and the board to appoint a successor. Tomorrow will be a great place to start.