Danny Webb

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Danny Webb

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

With RE deciding he wants to go back to his position pre this season, it means Danny has to as well whether he likes it or not.
If Danny is always behind Ross in the pecking order, it means he will never become Head Coach at Orient.
Assuming he is ambitious, then he will have to leave the club to progress, which will be a real shame.
This is ridiculous IMO, as he would have made a better replacement for Justin than Ross ever would. He's had experience under the most difficult conditions.
As long as Ling is DOF, then Ross will be here, and Danny's career is limited here.
Day by day the club are annoying me more and more
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Danny Webb

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Sad but true.
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

Have to agree, if Embleton isn’t good enough to Manage why should he be assistant Manager. Surely the assistant Manager has to step in and take the reigns when the Manager is not available and Embleton has shown that he is not capable.
Therefore Danny Webb should be given a chance removing Embelton from his safety net that is not warranted.
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

He is 36. He will get his chance.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:32 pm With RE deciding he wants to go back to his position pre this season, it means Danny has to as well whether he likes it or not.
If Danny is always behind Ross in the pecking order, it means he will never become Head Coach at Orient.
Assuming he is ambitious, then he will have to leave the club to progress, which will be a real shame.
This is ridiculous IMO, as he would have made a better replacement for Justin than Ross ever would. He's had experience under the most difficult conditions.
As long as Ling is DOF, then Ross will be here, and Danny's career is limited here.
''This is ridiculous IMO, as he would have made a better replacement for Justin than Ross ever would. He's had experience under the most difficult conditions.''
Agree.
Been thinking on much the same lines ever since RE was appointed interim manager. In fact since the new owners took over, often wondered why Ross was above Danny in the pecking order ?
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Sid Bishop wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:00 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:32 pm With RE deciding he wants to go back to his position pre this season, it means Danny has to as well whether he likes it or not.
''This is ridiculous IMO, as he would have made a better replacement for Justin than Ross ever would. He's had experience under the most difficult conditions.''
Agree.
Been thinking on much the same lines ever since RE was appointed interim manager. In fact since the new owners took over, often wondered why Ross was above Danny in the pecking order ?
Pecking order is down to Ling. Doubt Travis and Teague get involved.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

Thought Danny Webb conducted himself well in his brief stint during the terrible end-of-Beelzebub era, in fact he was the most impressive of many at the time. He has to make a good manager one day.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Have you asked Danny how he feels?
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

https://www.leytonorient.com/2017/07/07 ... interview/

On the back of the announcement of his return to E10 on Saturday, Webb has spent the week putting the Orient youngsters through their paces in pre-season training and admitted he is thrilled to be back.

“It feels fantastic to be here once again,” Webb told leytonorient.com.
“When I decided to leave a few months ago I had a real optimistic sense that a takeover would happen at some point, and there was always a thought in my mind that I would love to come back.
“It was extremely pleasing to see the takeover go through, but most importantly for the supporters who have stuck by this Club despite everything.
“They kept turning up and supporting the team, and what I will say is that the fact of how supportive the fans were during that time will make the young players a million times better going into the first team environment under a new First Team Coach this season.
“We have got an owner in Nigel Travis who is extremely popular already, a Director of Football in Martin Ling who knows the game inside out, and for me to work for them is the structure, planning and feeling that I was craving before.”
“To be back to Chigwell and helping produce the next batch of young talent is something I am delighted to be doing.”
Webb, who held a number of roles at the Club following his arrival in 2011, spent two months as First Team Manager last season but admitted that role does not appeal to him at this moment in time.
“I loved having the opportunity and like to think that I gave something to the supporters during that time in seeing a glimpse of the young talent we have coming through, but it wasn’t a case of having a taste of management and believing I am now a manager. Far from it,” explained Webb.
“I am a coach and I am still learning my trade. Management does appeal to me but is something that I believe to be in the distance.
“The period from when I left here made me realise that whatever I did next wasn’t about the role or the job title as much, it was about going back to what I feel I do best and at this stage of my career it is producing young players.
“Once the takeover was completed I put my name in for the Youth Team Coach role, and there was no discussion about the first team from either the Club or myself.
“That is something that didn’t cross my mind, and I am grateful to have been given this role. Hopefully when the First Team Coach is appointed they can really get the reward of the young players we have.
“What I think is great now is with Martin in charge we have a philosophy from the top which will give those players the best opportunity to develop. We have a brilliant structure in place and to be a part of a proper Football Club is a great feeling.”
Having left the Club in March of this year, Webb explained that although it was nice to have had time to unwind he is excited to be back at the O’s and looking forward to working with Director of Football Martin Ling and First Team Assistant Coach Ross Embleton.
“You hear people say about taking time away from the game when they leave a Club, but I didn’t necessarily take that time to go on holiday and switch off. For me, it was a case of carrying on watching football, I went and saw how a couple of top Clubs train and how the staff work.
“When you are out of the game it feels like an age, even if it is only for a short period. I did enjoy the break as you would at the end of any season, but my break was obviously a bit prolonged. I did receive a few offers of different roles during that time, but I kept a close eye on the situation here,” he added.
“I have come across Martin in the past having worked closely with his son Sam when he was here as a player, and Ross is someone who despite not knowing previously I can already tell is a really good guy.
“He is young like myself and enthusiastic about improving young players which is great. We sat down together and discussed the best way we believe we can help the players develop and it is wonderful to see that there is a philosophy now in place throughout whole Club.
“I think the fans can now see a direction in which we are going and it is brilliant to be a part of something where everyone is singing off the same page.”
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Red_Army wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:10 pm https://www.leytonorient.com/2017/07/07 ... interview/

On the back of the announcement of his return to E10 on Saturday, Webb has spent the week putting the Orient youngsters through their paces in pre-season training and admitted he is thrilled to be back.

“When I decided to leave a few months ago I had a real optimistic sense that a takeover would happen at some point, and there was always a thought in my mind that I would love to come back.
“It was extremely pleasing to see the takeover go through, but most importantly for the supporters who have stuck by this Club despite everything.
“They kept turning up and supporting the team, and what I will say is that the fact of how supportive the fans were during that time will make the young players a million times better going into the first team environment under a new First Team Coach this season.
“We have got an owner in Nigel Travis who is extremely popular already, a Director of Football in Martin Ling who knows the game inside out, and for me to work for them is the structure, planning and feeling that I was craving before.”
“To be back to Chigwell and helping produce the next batch of young talent is something I am delighted to be doing.”
Webb, who held a number of roles at the Club following his arrival in 2011, spent two months as First Team Manager last season but admitted that role does not appeal to him at this moment in time.
“I loved having the opportunity and like to think that I gave something to the supporters during that time in seeing a glimpse of the young talent we have coming through, but it wasn’t a case of having a taste of management and believing I am now a manager. Far from it,” explained Webb.
“I am a coach and I am still learning my trade. Management does appeal to me but is something that I believe to be in the distance.
“The period from when I left here made me realise that whatever I did next wasn’t about the role or the job title as much, it was about going back to what I feel I do best and at this stage of my career it is producing young players.
“Once the takeover was completed I put my name in for the Youth Team Coach role, and there was no discussion about the first team from either the Club or myself.
“That is something that didn’t cross my mind, and I am grateful to have been given this role. Hopefully when the First Team Coach is appointed they can really get the reward of the young players we have.
“What I think is great now is with Martin in charge we have a philosophy from the top which will give those players the best opportunity to develop. We have a brilliant structure in place and to be a part of a proper Football Club is a great feeling.”
Having left the Club in March of this year, Webb explained that although it was nice to have had time to unwind he is excited to be back at the O’s and looking forward to working with Director of Football Martin Ling and First Team Assistant Coach Ross Embleton.
“You hear people say about taking time away from the game when they leave a Club, but I didn’t necessarily take that time to go on holiday and switch off. For me, it was a case of carrying on watching football, I went and saw how a couple of top Clubs train and how the staff work.
“When you are out of the game it feels like an age, even if it is only for a short period. I did enjoy the break as you would at the end of any season, but my break was obviously a bit prolonged. I did receive a few offers of different roles during that time, but I kept a close eye on the situation here,” he added.
“I have come across Martin in the past having worked closely with his son Sam when he was here as a player, and Ross is someone who despite not knowing previously I can already tell is a really good guy.
“He is young like myself and enthusiastic about improving young players which is great. We sat down together and discussed the best way we believe we can help the players develop and it is wonderful to see that there is a philosophy now in place throughout whole Club.
“I think the fans can now see a direction in which we are going and it is brilliant to be a part of something where everyone is singing off the same page.”
That was 2 years ago.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

dOh Nut wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:36 pm
Red_Army wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:10 pm https://www.leytonorient.com/2017/07/07 ... interview/

That was 2 years ago.
It was indeed but I somewhat doubt that things have changed all that much. Besides he's had a promotion in that time.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

PoundhillO wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:52 pm Have to agree, if Embleton isn’t good enough to Manage why should he be assistant Manager. Surely the assistant Manager has to step in and take the reigns when the Manager is not available and Embleton has shown that he is not capable.
Therefore Danny Webb should be given a chance removing Embelton from his safety net that is not warranted.
Do you understand the difference between what a manager and assistant manager do?
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

To be fair you've been annoyed with the club since last summer and despite being promoted since then the club continues to annoy you.

Just no pleasing you.
Last edited by Smendrick Feaselberg on Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

EastDerehamO wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:05 pm Thought Danny Webb conducted himself well in his brief stint during the terrible end-of-Beelzebub era, in fact he was the most impressive of many at the time. He has to make a good manager one day.
I thought he conducted himself really well when he told us he had dropped Cisak for Sarge.

https://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sport ... le-united/
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:01 pm
PoundhillO wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:52 pm Have to agree, if Embleton isn’t good enough to Manage why should he be assistant Manager. Surely the assistant Manager has to step in and take the reigns when the Manager is not available and Embleton has shown that he is not capable.
Do you understand the difference between what a manager and assistant manager do?
It's interesting to note which boarders have taken up and agree on this issue.
Tent Keague
Fresh Alias

Post by Tent Keague »

It's almost sounds like he'll probably have to leave to be given a chance.

Which is what most of us have probably had to do many times over in our respective careers.

Shock horror that our club is being run the right way.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Football is littered with people needing to go elsewhere if they want an opportunity. You'd think Orient are the only team with an employee whose path has obstacles in the way at present. Madness.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

RedO wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:03 pm
EastDerehamO wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:05 pm Thought Danny Webb conducted himself well in his brief stint during the terrible end-of-Beelzebub era, in fact he was the most impressive of many at the time. He has to make a good manager one day.
I thought he conducted himself really well when he told us he had dropped Cisak for Sarge.

One of the more entertaining footnotes in that soap opera.
Fellowo
Fresh Alias

Post by Fellowo »

Danny will get his chance, but for all we know it may of been him that thought 3-5-2 was a good idea.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Nothing stopping him form applying for the job. With all due respect to Ross , I said at the time Danny would have been a better choice because he had experience of managing the team during the turbulent Beelzebub's times.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Disoriented wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:13 am
RedO wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:03 pm

One of the more entertaining footnotes in that soap opera.
Yeah, he was under orders from the hierarchy .
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Danny is a better coach than Ross IMO, and it Sickens me that some boarders, so called supporters, are ok to see him leave in the future, long as incompetent Ross Stays here.
Ross is only where he is because he's close to Ling, no other reason.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Phoned Paddy power today to try and get a bet on Webb as they are not quoting him in the list .......they told me there's no odds available for that bet 🤔🤔🤔
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:32 pm Danny is a better coach than Ross IMO.
Just out of curiosity: How often are you on the training ground?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Bergen wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:01 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:32 pm Danny is a better coach than Ross IMO.
Just out of curiosity: How often are you on the training ground?
More than you go to games probably