Ratings thread

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Re: Ratings thread

Post by Disoriented »

Thor wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:49 pm This is my take on the Alabi situation.

Justin didn't fancy him as a player and it was agreed that he be best served elsewhere.

Ross takes over and ML says to Ross rehabilitate him back in the team. RE does as he's told to. ML wants to prove to people that JA is/was a good signing.

I like Alabi and under different formation and tactics he could work, but not how we setup and play he won't be. It's a shame, but sometimes a signing does not work out and he's one of them I'm afraid. His attitude can't be questioned, he's a true professional.
I tend to agree, but that is a big allegation about Saint Martin.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

Was my first visit of the season yesterday, and hence first time I’d seen some of the new signings in the flesh.

The defensive formation first half just didn’t work, and after a bright start from us, Vale fully deserved their half time lead. We were much better second half, the change in personnel/ formation worked, and Harrold was his ever reliable self. Something didn’t seem to work up front with Dennis, but I was impressed with Wilkinson throughout, perfect cross for the opener, took his goal well, and almost won us it after the dramatic late equaliser. With Angol to return, that bodes well for the strikers.
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

Thor wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:49 pm I like Alabi and under different formation and tactics he could work,
No chance, had one good season his whole career and that was at Nationa League level, there is a reason he has been passed club to club
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

Don't know what Ross was thinking putting Alabi forward for the finishing challenge on SoccerAM, we're trying to get rid of the guy FFS. Even the one he scored I think Sarge let in. If we assume that Wikinson is par for League 2 then Alabi resembles a guy plucked from the crowd.

Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

eagwgw wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:36 pm Don't know what Ross was thinking putting Alabi forward for the finishing challenge on SoccerAM, we're trying to get rid of the guy FFS. Even the one he scored I think Sarge let in. If we assume that Wikinson is par for League 2 then Alabi resembles a guy plucked from the crowd.

Clear evidence here of why Alabi finds it so hard to score goals.
Such poor attempts at shooting at the goal.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Yeah, cos more evidence was needed.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

eagwgw wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:36 pm Don't know what Ross was thinking putting Alabi forward for the finishing challenge on SoccerAM, we're trying to get rid of the guy FFS. Even the one he scored I think Sarge let in. If we assume that Wikinson is par for League 2 then Alabi resembles a guy plucked from the crowd.

The difference between them is staggering.

I’d rather have Bullard on the bench than Alabi based on that. :(