The Ling Interview

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Re: The Ling Interview

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Thor wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:08 am Limping over the line flying over the lines who cares? We did it though didn’t we?

Also don’t forget there is a thing called pressure involved and dare I say it may have got to one or two players, not just in our club, but others also hence their blow up at the end as well.
Firstly, it wasn't down to Ling. Secondly, this great "structure" that is in place should have seen how poorly Orient have played since January (apart from a couple of stand out performances). Gone into the new season doing the same rubbish, dropping the wrong people, playing people out of position and playing the DOF's son at RB when he's cost us goals in every game and done nothing to warrant keeping his place for so long without giving Judd a chance.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

dOh Nut wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:11 am
Red_Army wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:06 am
Red_Army wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:22 pm Some utter rubbish being spouted on this thread.
There still is...
Always will be until you stop posting.
Oscar Wilde would have been proud of that one.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Red_Army wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:22 pm Some utter rubbish being spouted on this thread.
There still is...
Classic dOh
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:59 am

There still is...
Classic dOh
Sheer class max. Still not as good as you
O my gawd
Fresh Alias

Post by O my gawd »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:34 am
Thor wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:08 am Limping over the line flying over the lines who cares? We did it though didn’t we?

Also don’t forget there is a thing called pressure involved and dare I say it may have got to one or two players, not just in our club, but others also hence their blow up at the end as well.
Firstly, it wasn't down to Ling. Secondly, this great "structure" that is in place should have seen how poorly Orient have played since January (apart from a couple of stand out performances). Gone into the new season doing the same rubbish, dropping the wrong people, playing people out of position and playing the DOF's son at RB when he's cost us goals in every game and done nothing to warrant keeping his place for so long without giving Judd a chance.
Team effort I believe, Ling did put the structure in place, that cannot be denied, he gave JE the players & staff to Challenge & JE had the nous & motivational qualities to see us to top spot.
Why anyone would want to say any different is beyond me. Some boarders clearly have an attention seeking agenda.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

O my gawd wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:00 pm

Team effort I believe, Ling did put the structure in place, that cannot be denied, he gave JE the players & staff to Challenge & JE had the nous & motivational qualities to see us to top spot.
Why anyone would want to say any different is beyond me. Some boarders clearly have an attention seeking agenda.
Justin wouldn’t have had anyone imposed on him that he didn’t want. That’s why Ling was dropped quickly. Ross on the otherhand... He hasn’t implemented any special structure at the club.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:44 pm
Justin wouldn’t have had anyone imposed on him that he didn’t want. That’s why Ling was dropped quickly. Ross on the otherhand... He hasn’t implemented any special structure at the club.
Ling, that was first choice ahead of Judd from December until the end of the season?
O my gawd
Fresh Alias

Post by O my gawd »

Haha what a 🤡
Of course it was why Ling was dropped 😂😂😂.
JE signed Ling because he didn't rate Caprice. So proves your theory completely wrong.
He dropped Ling because he was out of form. That tends to happen with League 2/National League players.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Red_Army wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:49 pm

Ling, that was first choice ahead of Judd from December until the end of the season?
Would that be the same Judd who was injured for a majority of that time?
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

O my gawd wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:56 pm

Haha what a 🤡
JE signed Ling because he didn't rate Caprice. So proves your theory completely wrong.
He dropped Ling because he was out of form. That tends to happen with League 2/National League players.
Ling was signed by his Dad because he was having a sh*t time at Dagenham. Ling was dropped because he was sh*t.
O my gawd
Fresh Alias

Post by O my gawd »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:58 pm
Haha what a 🤡
Ling was signed by his Dad because he was having a sh*t time at Dagenham. Ling was dropped because he was sh*t.
Of course he was Mr Agenda.
JE was manager when Ling was signed & according to your wealth of knowledge JE didn't like players imposed on him, so you are contradicting yourself Bogsy.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

O my gawd wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:10 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:58 pm

Haha what a 🤡
Of course he was Mr Agenda.
JE was manager when Ling was signed & according to your wealth of knowledge JE didn't like players imposed on him, so you are contradicting yourself Bogsy.
You think he’s going to tell his boss to f*** off when his son is having a sh*t time at another club? :D
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:56 pm
Turley was ahead of the pair of them. Ling was hardly first choice.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

RedO wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:31 pm

Well indeed.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

RedO wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:31 pm

Good point, I forgot about him. Judd was still injured though.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

We need a fit Turley back again.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Disoriented wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:20 pm We need a fit Turley back again.
Hmm - can i get back to you on that one?
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:31 pm
Disoriented wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:20 pm We need a fit Turley back again.
Hmm - can i get back to you on that one?
Eh?
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Sam Ling was average at best last season. It’s fair to say he is better this season. I would struggle with anybody saying he hasn’t improved, he has. But not to the level where I’d say he is up to L2 standards. Baring the odd decent moment he lacks flair, creativity, the real ability to make an impact. The vast majority of his game is a backwards 5 yard pass and the odd long throw.

He has had plenty of chances whilst Judd gets the scraps. This is what I find galling. We don’t know who is the better of the two because Judd ain’t getting his shot. We can only speculate that being the DoFs son makes a difference. I reckon it does.
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

admin wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:20 am Why anyone bothers with Byways / I was wrong / Orient1 is beyond me.

An idiot. Plain and simple.
Hello Martin.
Shouldn’t you be concentrating on appointing a new manager before Saturdays game?
If you need any help ask Matt Porter.
Williams sacked Slade appointed in 48 hours.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

dOh Nut wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:38 pm He has had plenty of chances whilst Judd gets the scraps. This is what I find galling. We don’t know who is the better of the two because Judd ain’t getting his shot. We can only speculate that being the DoFs son makes a difference. I reckon it does.
Trouble is Judd seems to be made of glass. Plays one random tinpot cup game and then injured for weeks. Similarly seems to get injured without even playing.

As above getting Turley back would add a bit more experience and steel to the backline.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

dOh Nut wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:38 pm Sam Ling was average at best last season. It’s fair to say he is better this season. I would struggle with anybody saying he hasn’t improved, he has. But not to the level where I’d say he is up to L2 standards. Baring the odd decent moment he lacks flair, creativity, the real ability to make an impact. The vast majority of his game is a backwards 5 yard pass and the odd long throw.

He has had plenty of chances whilst Judd gets the scraps. This is what I find galling. We don’t know who is the better of the two because Judd ain’t getting his shot. We can only speculate that being the DoFs son makes a difference. I reckon it does.
He looks lost in every game. He’s blowing out of his arse after 10 mins because he’s physically and mentally knackered. Watch him next time he’s trying to get back in position, he’s like a pissed Nan trying to get off of the dance floor
O my gawd
Fresh Alias

Post by O my gawd »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:56 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:38 pm Sam Ling was average at best last season. It’s fair to say he is better this season. I would struggle with anybody saying he hasn’t improved, he has. But not to the level where I’d say he is up to L2 standards. Baring the odd decent moment he lacks flair, creativity, the real ability to make an impact. The vast majority of his game is a backwards 5 yard pass and the odd long throw.

He looks lost in every game. He’s blowing out of his arse after 10 mins because he’s physically and mentally knackered. Watch him next time he’s trying to get back in position, he’s like a p*ssed Nan trying to get off of the dance floor
So relentless you must have issues
Attachments
C3tY2kec9f-1..png
C3tY2kec9f-1..png (35.91 KiB) Viewed 425 times
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

O my gawd wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:08 pm

He looks lost in every game. He’s blowing out of his arse after 10 mins because he’s physically and mentally knackered. Watch him next time he’s trying to get back in position, he’s like a p*ssed Nan trying to get off of the dance floor
Making jokes about mental illness, or inferring that someone needs professional help because you disagree with their view, is reprehensible.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

O my gawd wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:08 pm

Who are you?