Sol Campbell

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

PAM
Fresh Alias

Re: Sol Campbell

Post by PAM »

UpminsterO wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:27 pm No mate u get over it or should I say don't say that crap
❄❄❄❄
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

Time to get him in NOW.
This bloke is so far out of his depth it’s embarrassing.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

No denying he did alright at Macclesfield in difficult circumstances but before that he regularly came across as a bit of a fruitcake with a chip on his shoulder. Not for me.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Byways1 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:02 pm Time to get him in NOW.
This bloke is so far out of his depth it’s embarrassing.
Spot on !!
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

point nine one eight wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:01 am Regardless of peoples thoughts about him in the past, he showed what he could achieve at a basket case club with next to nothing to work with,Ross unfortunately can not do that, a kid in a mans job, no gravitas what so ever, give Sol a chance see what happens
People keep saying on here Ross is a lovely bloke, oh ok ?
''Ross unfortunately can not do that, a kid in a mans job, no gravitas what so ever''
Agree on that one !!
This forum is currently divided into two camps, on one side....The ''Happy Clappers'' who support RE 100% with whatever happens in the weeks and months ahead. For the other the other side, they want get a new and more experience manger in because they are not fully convinced that RE is up to the job.
I think this is an awkward situation, I get the feeling that Martin Ling is the ''King Maker'' here and it will have to get really bad before he would bring another man in to replace Ross. I personally think the Danny Webb would have been my choice Between Ross and Danny. Jobi cannot be considered yet because he has not got the required coaching badges yet. But if Sol did come in, do you think he could work with Ross as a no 2 ?
We wait and see what happens in the coming weeks and months ahead.
Last edited by Sid Bishop on Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HavantO
Fresh Alias

Post by HavantO »

Andy Gilson wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:07 pm Macclesfield were 5 points adrift of safety when he took over and only survived with a week to go, hardly a stellar achievement. He won 8 matches of the 30 he has managed, a win ratio of 27% & some of you want him here?
The self proclaimed 'one of the greatest minds in football' hasn't exactly been brilliant. So many better out there in my opinion, including our current trio coaching the team.
Be patient and give the guys a chance before posting negative and undermining crap like promoting this individual.
Absolute garbage. Players had barely been paid and the club was as good as going to the wall. 8 wins out of 30 is looking like an achievement compared to the garbage we are watching at the moment.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

o-no wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:43 pm No denying he did alright at Macclesfield in difficult circumstances but before that he regularly came across as a bit of a fruitcake with a chip on his shoulder. Not for me.
Agree. He has a massive chip on his shoulder. Can’t stand the bloke to be honest. I would give it to Jobi. I think he will end up being a great manager.
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

Beradogs wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:07 pm
o-no wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:43 pm No denying he did alright at Macclesfield in difficult circumstances but before that he regularly came across as a bit of a fruitcake with a chip on his shoulder. Not for me.
Agree. He has a massive chip on his shoulder. Can’t stand the bloke to be honest. I would give it to Jobi. I think he will end up being a great manager.
No no no.
We need someone from outside who knows this league and has got something about him.
Sol is the man.
Probably won’t get it as he will have to work with Ling and will want his own back room team.
It depends whether the owners have any real ambition.
I can see all the good work being wasted and the gates will be back down to 4500 with this crap being served up.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Beradogs wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:07 pm
Jobi has to get all required coaching badges before he could be considered for the job, he is doing so now.
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

That Pam slag should be banned for that obvious anti Semitic slur.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Redcard wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:42 pm That Pam slag should be banned for that obvious anti Semitic slur.
Agree
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

UpminsterO wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:11 pm
PAM wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:05 pm
West Side Story wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:04 pm PAM said:-People need to get real. Orient's fanbase is mainly Spurs fans going to see their second club

You'd struggle to get 1,000 at home games if he became manager
............This is a massive slur & libel on the famous Orient fans. I demand an immediate retraction. Needs to be brought to the attention of the Immoderators. I as a lapsed Chelsea fan feel inconsolably insulted.
Alright, keep your skullcap on
I do not like this type of racist comment
Agreed and proves the character as the unfunny alias he is. It appears FTC is on the case.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:00 pm
point nine one eight wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:01 am Regardless of peoples thoughts about him in the past, he showed what he could achieve at a basket case club with next to nothing to work with,Ross unfortunately can not do that, a kid in a mans job, no gravitas what so ever, give Sol a chance see what happens
''Ross unfortunately can not do that, a kid in a mans job, no gravitas what so ever''
Agree on that one !!
This forum is currently divided into two camps, on one side....The ''Happy Clappers'' who support RE 100% with whatever happens in the weeks and months ahead. For the other the other side, they want get a new and more experience manger in because they are not fully convinced that RE is up to the job.
I think this is an awkward situation, I get the feeling that Martin Ling is the ''King Maker'' here and it will have to get really bad before he would bring another man in to replace Ross. I personally think the Danny Webb would have been my choice Between Ross and Danny. Jobi cannot be considered yet because he has not got the required coaching badges yet. But if Sol did come in, do you think he could work with Ross as a no 2 ?
I make you right on all counts here Sid.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Agree on that one !!
Me a Happy Clapper
🤣😂🤣😂🤣

I was one of the biggest Hend*n out brigade ,

Ross was thrust into a job he wasnt expecting to be in .

Considering so, a steep learning curve needs to be attained & id give Ross half a season minimum to show he has the ability to learn an adapt , as do the players from seeing Ross the coach to Ross the Boss ,

Half a Season firstly lets everyone asses fully what is going on , but more importantly allows the club to identify a new man & allow them time to do something in the rest of the season if needed.

The reason i mention H*nd*n is we all knew his previous management roles had been very poor . Not the same for Ross
As for experience
The Cowley brothers started at Low non league as players & managers & they have clearly proved experience isnt everything.

Whether RE stays or goes as the manager , he shouldnt get the stick he is , as circumstance put him in a place that i keep repeating , None of us knew would have happened in May.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:05 pm
Agree on that one !!
Me a Happy Clapper
🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Considering so, a steep learning curve needs to be attained & id give Ross half a season minimum to show he has the ability to learn an adapt , as do the players from seeing Ross the coach to Ross the Boss ,

Half a Season firstly lets everyone asses fully what is going on , but more importantly allows the club to identify a new man & allow them time to do something in the rest of the season if needed.

The reason i mention H*nd*n is we all knew his previous management roles had been very poor . Not the same for Ross
As for experience
The Cowley brothers started at Low non league as players & managers & they have clearly proved experience isnt everything.

Whether RE stays or goes as the manager , he shouldnt get the stick he is , as circumstance put him in a place that i keep repeating , None of us knew would have happened in May.
''The reason i mention H*nd*n is we all knew his previous management roles had been very poor . Not the same for Ross''
So where has Ross been a success in his previous management roles before ?
If you wish to include being no 2 to Justin and the promotion achieved under Justin, well to me that does not wash. Success under JE was in the main due to the input and managerial experience of Justin rather than any input from Ross and Danny.
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

I hate to say it, but whether it’s the players or management, sentiment doesn’t win you anything. You have to be ruthless in football. When players are underperforming because their legs are gone, or their injury prone , or the manager is not getting results you have to thank them for their services and part ways.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:34 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:05 pm

Agree on that one !!
Me a Happy Clapper
🤣😂🤣😂🤣

As for experience

''The reason i mention H*nd*n is we all knew his previous management roles had been very poor . Not the same for Ross''
So where has Ross been a success in his previous management roles before ?
If you wish to include being no 2 to Justin and the promotion achieved under Justin, well to me that does not wash. Success under JE was in the main due to the input and managerial experience of Justin rather than any input from Ross and Danny.
Where did you read that i said Ross
had been a success ?

I merely pointed out Hendon was a Failure at Barnet
So it stood to reason he wouldnt do well here .

You also failed to take note of why i said Ross was in the position he is.
Justin Passed away .

What other Club has had to deal with being champions & then the leader of that group passes away within weeks ?

That our success was down to JE & that Ross probably more than anyone at the club, wishes he was still here.

You need to include all of this when claiming he has been given a chance .

A chance he would never dreamed of having at the end of May. Ross did what the club felt was right , to nurse us through all of this .

Remember Kent's twitter post about not sure he wanted to be involved anymore as he was going to struggle coming here with no Justin ,
People need time to heal , the fact we have a results based buisness doesnt help , for anyone at the club.

When the time is right , which could be soon will be down to the club , not a bunch of narky fans that cant deal with a few defeats in our 1st 10 games.

LOOK AT THE BIGGER PICTURE .
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

I wish we had as few wins as your few defeats.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Redcard wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:05 pm I wish we had as few wins as your few defeats.
So do I .
Tent Keague
Fresh Alias

Post by Tent Keague »

Can't understand the clamour for Sol Campbell. We'll just be going from inexperience to more inexperience.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Tent Keague wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:59 am Can't understand the clamour for Sol Campbell. We'll just be going from inexperience to more inexperience.
From a genuine clubman to an egotist who thinks he is some sort of Sartre. For Sol’s benefit, here is some wisdom from the great philosopher himself:

‘Three o’clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do.’
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

Tent Keague wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:59 am Can't understand the clamour for Sol Campbell. We'll just be going from inexperience to more inexperience.
I would be delighted if Sol Campbell became Os manager, and as for experience, he has played 73 times for England and has over 500 club appearances and played under some top managers, particularly Arsene Wenger and Harry Redknapp. Also he appears to be pretty dedicated to change which is what Orient need. I doubt he will be a long term appointment as he has ambitions to manage at a higher level.

That written, I don’t think he will come to Orient.

“I had a contract in place and did everything in that contract, I kept the team up, I represented the club in a proper way, with style and with hard work. I also changed the mentality of the playing side, their attitude towards games, I changed the personnel so the team was competitive and everybody was rocking and rolling in the right way." - Sol Campbell

“I put everything into the job, I had to, other guys just join and leave teams, but I couldn’t do that. I had to see it through, I had to show my mettle.
Hopefully me sticking around and seeing it out when other managers may have bailed shows my commitment. "
- Sol Campbell
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Sol Campbelllly

Post by RientO »

PAM wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:59 am People need to get real. Orient's fanbase is mainly Spurs fans going to see their second club

Really? I doubt three quarters of the fans are primarily Spurs fans. Probably a fair number of West Ham and also Arsenal in the mix.
I go to Highbury and Stamford Bridge from time to time, but if say Adebayor, Ashley Cole or William Gallas became Orient’s manager I wouldn’t care about their past.
whittle81
Fresh Alias

Re: Sol Campbelllly

Post by whittle81 »

RientO wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:39 am
PAM wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:59 am People need to get real. Orient's fanbase is mainly Spurs fans going to see their second club

Really? I doubt three quarters of the fans are primarily Spurs fans. Probably a fair number of West Ham and also Arsenal in the mix.
I go to Highbury and Stamford Bridge from time to time, but if say Adebayor, Ashley Cole or William Gallas became Orient’s manager I wouldn’t care about their past.
Whether Campbell, is the right Manager or not, him having left Tottenham to join Arsenal should not be anything to do, with whether he could be Manager.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Good luck to Sol wherever his future jobs take him but IMO, not the right fit for Leyton Orient in this situation we are at the moment.
I think after the tragic loss of JE, we require an older and experienced type of manager who is a calming influence especially when it comes to the younger players. Rather contradicting myself here, but pity that Jobi has not yet achieved his full coaching badges required for the job. Yes although not experienced yet as a manager, he seems to have that ''Something'' about him to be a success in whatever he decides to do in the future. When he speaks, such calmness, maturity and that magic word... ''charisma'' !