Third Kit

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Snowyash
Fresh Alias

Third Kit

Post by Snowyash »

Anyone have any info on the third kit?

Havnt got a new kit this year and I’m not keen on them. Hoping the third kit is nicer than the home and away. Had the yellow and pink one from last year.

Hoping it get announced this week.
MassiveForehead
Fresh Alias

Re: Third Kit

Post by MassiveForehead »

It'll probably be the same theme tho, but in white or black (can't see it being yellow)? Not entirely sure we really need one unless we play Dag & Red or Crystal Palace away in the FA cup.
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

TBH I reckon it was held back.

If the reception for the new kits was brilliant, it would just have been enough to push out the same template in a different colour, like the pink one last year.

I do think that this time around, it'll be different and an absolute belter, a bespoke design with some small Justin-related personalisations. As with the chevron thing last year, Dream Team give up their sponsorship for one game, to be replaced by the JE3 foundation. A special edition to be worn against Newport County.

That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

eagwgw wrote: ↑Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:54 pm TBH I reckon it was held back.

If the reception for the new kits was brilliant, it would just have been enough to push out the same template in a different colour, like the pink one last year.

I do think that this time around, it'll be different and an absolute belter, a bespoke design with some small Justin-related personalisations. As with the chevron thing last year, Dream Team give up their sponsorship for one game, to be replaced by the JE3 foundation. A special edition to be worn against Newport County.

That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.
Perfect. πŸ‘
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Its so so easy to produce a kit that would sell double the amount of any of the first choice kits.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Apple Wumble wrote: ↑Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:28 pm Its so so easy to produce a kit that would sell double the amount of any of the first choice kits.
Maybe they will leave that kit for the retro though. If it's braces/no sponsor I would buy that.

Reckon the reason for holding back the third kit is purely down to maximising income from sales of the home and away kit at present.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I think I can remember hearing from somewhere that our third kit was going to be all white . I assume it's a white version of the home and away kit .
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:55 pm I think I can remember hearing from somewhere that our third kit was going to be all white . I assume it's a white version of the home and away kit .
You're usually wrong so I'll take that with a pinch of salt
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: ↑Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:02 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:55 pm I think I can remember hearing from somewhere that our third kit was going to be all white . I assume it's a white version of the home and away kit .
A white kit with wonky white stripes?
Sounds weird to me
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: ↑Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:41 pm
Maybe they will leave that kit for the retro though. If it's braces/no sponsor I would buy that.

Reckon the reason for holding back the third kit is purely down to maximising income from sales of the home and away kit at present.
Interesting marketing ploy. Manchester City are selling their retro unsponsored kit next week, and I suspect it will sell more than the official kit. From the looks of it, the Orient V kit did very good business.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

RientO wrote: ↑Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:33 pm

Interesting marketing ploy. Manchester City are selling their retro unsponsored kit next week, and I suspect it will sell more than the official kit. From the looks of it, the Orient V kit did very good business.
That was for a very special occasion with the Somme / WW1 anniversary though. The JE3 idea above would be class.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

gshaw wrote: ↑Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:41 pm

That was for a very special occasion with the Somme / WW1 anniversary though. The JE3 idea above would be class.
They said there would be another this year. Wonder if it will be a regular annual thing.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: ↑Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:07 pm
gshaw wrote: ↑Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:41 pm

They said there would be another this year. Wonder if it will be a regular annual thing.
If it's a money spinner no doubt the club will want to keep the sales rolling in. Will need to come up with some better designs then the home kit though.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: ↑Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:02 pm
We'll see , time will tell.
Snowyash
Fresh Alias

Post by Snowyash »

Cryptic tweet just put out, looks like it’ll come tomorrow πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
LeytonstoneRed07 M
Fresh Alias

Post by LeytonstoneRed07 M »

Danny Macklin said on the Orient Hour it will be revealed tomorrow. Will be worn at least twice before Christmas. Also said next seasons kits have been signed off and will be available before this season finishes.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

LeytonstoneRed07 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:42 pm Danny Macklin said on the Orient Hour it will be revealed tomorrow. Will be worn at least twice before Christmas. Also said next seasons kits have been signed off and will be available before this season finishes.
Let’s hope they get rid of that cheap badge,
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

MassiveForehead wrote: ↑Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:09 pm It'll probably be the same theme tho, but in white or black (can't see it being yellow)? Not entirely sure we really need one unless we play Dag & Red or Crystal Palace away in the FA cup.
I think you'll be right . It will be an all white version of the other two kits .
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

LeytonstoneRed07 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:42 pm Danny Macklin said on the Orient Hour it will be revealed tomorrow. Will be worn at least twice before Christmas. Also said next seasons kits have been signed off and will be available before this season finishes.
Have the National League approved the ones for next season?
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:51 pm
MassiveForehead wrote: ↑Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:09 pm It'll probably be the same theme tho, but in white or black (can't see it being yellow)? Not entirely sure we really need one unless we play Dag & Red or Crystal Palace away in the FA cup.
I think you'll be right . It will be an all white version of the other two kits .
Not sure about that, given the similarity to the Somme shirt from last season and also with a future view to a braces shirt (retro or not). Not long to find out either way.
Fellowo
Fresh Alias

Post by Fellowo »

Club gave a sneak preview last night of the badge on the shirt and indeed it looks like it's white.

I'd be massively disappointed if it's the same design as the current shirts, as frankly they could of just released it when they did the home/away shirts. Saying that and in the basis there seems to have been some kind of delay I'll stick my neck out and say its different and going full hog and say its a version of the braces (due to Theo waving a braces flag and there being a call from the fans to release a version).
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Fellowo wrote: ↑Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:05 am
Club gave a sneak preview last night of the badge on the shirt and indeed it looks like it's white.

I'd be massively disappointed if it's the same design as the current shirts, as frankly they could of just released it when they did the home/away shirts. Saying that and in the basis there seems to have been some kind of delay I'll stick my neck out and say its different and going full hog and say its a version of the braces (due to Theo waving a braces flag and there being a call from the fans to release a version).
Just seen that preview now (and before seeing your reply).

I'm with you on this. For me, if it's the braces then I'm all in if there is no sponsor logo. If there is the logo then I'll consider it based on how it looks.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Any idea what time this is being announced? I can barely contain my excitement.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

It would be a real shame if it's the braces kit, the best most iconic kit arguably in football. It would be an absolute waste if it's a 3rd kit when it should be the 1st and only kit in my opinion.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

I'd be absolutely gutted if we released a braces kit with that rag on the front.