What a season

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Jman
Fresh Alias

What a season

Post by Jman »

Must admit before the season began I had hopes of a playoff finish, potentially a title challenge but would never have envisaged going into Saturday the way we currently find ourselves. Only a few ins and outs versus last season. Edinburgh has transformed this club. Not to mention what those in the gallery have done as well. We've had sell out games, genuinely fantastic performances and a club that feels brilliant to be part of again.

I keep having to remind myself not only are we on the verge of winning the league, JE's guided us to a final at Wembley as well. A day out where the result ultimately matters little but we can go there and properly celebrate promotion (hopefully) and an incredible season on and off the pitch. Genuinely proud to be an O.
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: What a season

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Seconded
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Thirded
Razzmachaz
Fresh Alias

Post by Razzmachaz »

It's unbelievable really. Especially with the Wembley final like a cherry on top of a very nice cake. If we win promotion Edinburgh should be considered a hero in my opinion. I understand we should've always been front runners in this league but the way we have gone about it and how quickly the turnaround is just incredible. All of Edinburgh, Ling, Travis, Teague and Macklin deserve huge credit. I can't ever remember being in this position where we are odds on for the two main trophy's we started out trying to win, regardless of level it is fantastic and will probably never be achieved again. So we should all RELISH Saturday and the trophy final and soak it all in. To add to that the way the club is run, how everyone has pulled together, it feels like the start of a special new era for the club
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Seconded the last post
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Yeah but we still need another CM 😂😂😂😂
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

Agreed.

When FB left the club we had no senior pros, no manager, groundsman, training pitch, most of the surviving backroom staff hadn’t been paid, and with the summer transfer window underway most of the decent out-of-contract players had already been snapped up by other clubs. The club was all but out, and we didn’t know for sure we’d even make the next season.

From there to where we are now in under two years is a major achievement, I’ll be eternally grateful to the new owners for what they have done, and with super efforts by everyone at the club, players and JE very much included of course, we’re on the verge of regaining our Football League status. It fair to say us O’s fans haven’t had a boring last few years!
Rambling Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Rambling Man »

All this and more. Two years ago I came to the last home game of season not really sure that I was ever going to see the O’s play again. Tears in my eyes all over again as I write that. Saturday could still be either the best day I’ve had as an O’s supporter or one of the worst, but we know these boys will give it everything and take it to the last kick. It’s a professional outfit again. The fact that this has been built almost from scratch in less than two years is not far short of a miracle. The owners need praise, the manager, the coaching and medical staff, the players but some of the praise needs to go to people who stuck with it those the bad years: people like Ada and Lindsey who know how to run a football club properly. I think without them we wouldn't be here. COYOs!!