Phil Parkinson

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

P&O
Fresh Alias

Phil Parkinson

Post by P&O »

Left Bolton a couple of weeks ago.

Would you have him at Orient?
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Re: Phil Parkinson

Post by Disoriented »

Yes plz. Tomorrow.
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Probably couldn't afford his bus fare.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Disoriented wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:25 pm Yes plz. Tomorrow.
Yesterday would have been better
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:37 pm
Yesterday would have been better
:lol:
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Not really

Bit boring in philosophy & he'll do nothing with theses players.

Take him for the start of a new season , he likes to clear out & bring his own.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

This , this and this again .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:04 am Not really

I was just wondering, who do you think would be a better choice if we were to bring in somebody now .
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:09 am

I was just wondering, who do you think would be a better choice if we were to bring in somebody now .
Id go & steal Gary Johnson or John Coleman ,
Possibly Richie Barker .

If i could go for anyone id have Ronnie Moore
But he wouldn't come south & unfairly he's still
Tarred with doing £1.50 bets with his
grandson & sister & brother in law.

I'll happily let Ross get some experience & work his way through the season & keep us safely in mid table this season as my 1st option though.

Then we can asses where we will be next may/june
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

Bit of a long ball merchant.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Ronnie Moore? f*cking hell, has this thread been archived from 2006?
O my gawd
Fresh Alias

Post by O my gawd »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:31 am

I'll happily let Ross get some experience & work his way through the season & keep us safely in mid table this season as my 1st option though.

Exactly this ⬆️
You think great managers of the past didn't make mistakes?
Brian Clough, Alf Ramsey, Bobby Robson, Arsene Wenger & Alex Ferguson were all young managers once. The difference was they were allowed to do their job & make mistakes without having every decision analysed on social media by people who change opinions as often as they change their underwear.
The same people who are saying JMD should start every week are the same people who last week were saying Brophy should start every week.
That's just 2 examples of 2 very talented but inconsistent players. They're League 2 players, we're a League 2 team. Swindon have gone through 3 seasons in League 2 & several managers to get where they are today. We've been back just over a month.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Agree. Yesterday was a cackfest but so what? He's learning on the job and admitted he set us up wrong.

For all those of us just expecting stability this season, there are going to be results like the one we just had. You can't have a midtable season without a good few of them.

Unless we're in real risk of the drop going into February, give Ross the season and we'll see where we are.
Walthamsto
Fresh Alias

Post by Walthamsto »

Totally agree, and I expect the Chairman will too. I predict a season long moanfest though.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Proposition Joe wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:08 am Agree. Yesterday was a cackfest but so what? He's learning on the job and admitted he set us up wrong.

For all those of us are just expecting stability this season, there are going to be results like the one we just had. You can't have a midtable season without a good few of them.

Unless we're in real risk of the drop going into February, give Ross the season and we'll see where we are.
This. You’d think it was the end of the f*cking word the way people are posting atm
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:02 am
Proposition Joe wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:08 am Agree. Yesterday was a cackfest but so what? He's learning on the job and admitted he set us up wrong.

For all those of us are just expecting stability this season, there are going to be results like the one we just had. You can't have a midtable season without a good few of them.

This. You’d think it was the end of the f*cking world the way people are posting atm
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

O my gawd wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:56 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:31 am

Exactly this ⬆️
You think great managers of the past didn't make mistakes?
Brian Clough, Alf Ramsey, Bobby Robson, Arsene Wenger & Alex Ferguson were all young managers once. The difference was they were allowed to do their job & make mistakes without having every decision analysed on social media by people who change opinions as often as they change their underwear.
The same people who are saying JMD should start every week are the same people who last week were saying Brophy should start every week.
That's just 2 examples of 2 very talented but inconsistent players. They're League 2 players, we're a League 2 team. Swindon have gone through 3 seasons in League 2 & several managers to get where they are today. We've been back just over a month.
The difference is that these blokes looked like managers and carried themselves in that manner.
This fella picked a back 5 against Mansfield and got a first half pasting.Did the same yesterday with the same result, l would imagine the players have got little confidence in him and this apparently showed right from the kick off yesterday.
I bet he spent all week worrying about the opposition instead of setting the team up in a positive manner and how we are going to take the game to them.
I stated that we should give him until the end of October, I have now changed my mind because I have seen a man who doesn’t learn from his mistakes and seems way out of his depth. If the right man is not bought in, I can see a string of heavy defeats and yes. a relegation battle.
The players are a lot better than what we have seen so far, and through his “ tactics “ they have failed to perform.
“Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better “
Fellowo
Fresh Alias

Post by Fellowo »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:03 am
Millennial Snowflake wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:02 am

This. You’d think it was the end of the f*cking world the way people are posting atm
Exactly this, the fact Ross admitted he got it wrong and was honest enough to change it gives me some hope. Swindon are also tipped for promotion so we got a glimpse of where we need to be.

It's quite amazing that some believe we are already relegated only 7 games into a season, though I do wonder how many genuinely beleive that or just posting to get a rise out of others.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

I have little doubt he will be given plenty of time. Unless he decides to opt out.

Avoiding relegation will be the priority and to be honest that won’t be a tough target. So if we end up, say 5th from bottom the learning curve stuff will be trolled out by the club, followed by the starting a new season without the difficulties of this one, another season to see what he can do as an experienced head coach and a fresh start.

I expect he could still be the boss in 18 months, short of an absolute disaster.

In the meantime attendances may drop. Let’s face it who wants to witness games like Stevenage, Crawley and Swindon on a regular basis. Not just the results but in parts the performance.

Getting back to the old days of leaving the ground with the away supporters chants ringing in the ears.
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

dOh Nut wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:50 am I have little doubt he will be given plenty of time. Unless he decides to opt out.

Avoiding relegation will be the priority and to be honest that won’t be a tough target. So if we end up, say 5th from bottom the learning curve stuff will be trolled out by the club, followed by the starting a new season without the difficulties of this one, another season to see what he can do as an experienced head coach and a fresh start.

I expect he could still be the boss in 18 months, short of an absolute disaster.

In the meantime attendances may drop. Let’s face it who wants to witness games like Stevenage, Crawley and Swindon on a regular basis. Not just the results but in parts the performance.

Getting back to the old days of leaving the ground with the away supporters chants ringing in the ears.
There is no way on earth he will be given that long if the performances and results don’t improve. I expect him to be gone by the end of the month at the latest.
I can see the gate dropping to below 4200 if we are the whipping boys.
O my gawd
Fresh Alias

Post by O my gawd »

dOh Nut wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:50 am I expect he could still be the boss in 18 months, short of an absolute disaster.
You would love that wouldn't you ?
It would give you 18 months of tedious moaning.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Byways1 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:02 am
dOh Nut wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:50 am I have little doubt he will be given plenty of time. Unless he decides to opt out.

There is no way on earth he will be given that long if the performances and results don’t improve. I expect him to be gone by the end of the month at the latest.
I can see the gate dropping to below 4200 if we are the whipping boys.
3 defeats in 7 = 'whipping boys' now, is it?

Christ.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Whipping boys 😂😂😂
Go watch MK Dons byways or isn’t there a working men’s club there
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

Lucky7 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:10 pm Whipping boys 😂😂😂
There is,its Bletchley WMC and it’s open 7 days a week 11 To 11.
Darts. Two full size snooker tables pool and cheap beer.
HARVEY T DENTON
Fresh Alias

Post by HARVEY T DENTON »

Byways1 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:22 pm
Lucky7 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:10 pm Whipping boys 😂😂😂
There is,its Bletchley WMC and it’s open 7 days a week 11 To 11.
Darts. Two full size snooker tables pool and cheap beer.
Tempting.