Statement from Nigel Travis

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Statement from Nigel Travis

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Byways1 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:42 pm
P&O wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:39 pm
Byways1 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:31 pm

Gay people have a sense of humour.
You obviously don’t.
Yeah, and they don’t generally find homophobic old dinosaurs who try to excuse their bigotry by calling people “snowflakes” that funny.

Really good job that you can’t be bothered to go to the game tomorrow. A great club like Orient doesn’t need bigots through the turnstiles.
You don’t know me so don’t call me a bigot just because you have a sense on humour bypass.
I don’t think he’s calling you a bigot because of his sense of humour. It’s because of your bigotry.
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

RedO wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:00 pm
Byways1 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:34 pm
RedO wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:08 pm You can’t complain about homophobia unless you’re an actual bender yourself, so it seems.

What a tool.
Calling them benders :lol:
How ironic.
Them ? :roll:
Who are you calling “benders” then.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Byways1 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:05 pm
Byways1 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:34 pm

Calling them benders :lol:
How ironic.
The Gays.
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

RedO wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:07 pm

The Gays.
Really?
P&O
Fresh Alias

Post by P&O »

Byways1 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:44 pm
Disoriented wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:33 pm Bigotry in any form is no laughing matter.
Totally agree.
Nor is having a sense of humour bypass.
Ah the old “can’t take a joke” line.

Because an old straight dinosaur should be free to make homophobic comments and anybody who calls him out on it simply “can’t take a joke”

I literally gave you the chance to denounce homophobia and instead you called me a snowflake.

And I bet you wonder why people call you an old homophobic bigot
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Byways1 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:09 pm
RedO wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:07 pm

The Gays.
Really?
No, of course not. I’m using irony to mock daft old homophobes.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

P&O wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:20 pm
RedO wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:08 pm You can’t complain about homophobia unless you’re an actual bender yourself, so it seems.

What a tool.
My thoughts about “being offended on someone’s behalf”

My boss is gay.

A number of my (excellent) colleagues are gay.

Two good friends from my childhood have since come out as gay.

I partied and hung out with homosexuals and lesbians on a weekly basis at college.

At uni, my friend circle included a number of gays and lesbians

The most loyal, closest and important friend of my missus (and subsequently a good friend of mine) is gay.

So I’ve spent a lot of my life with gays. Talk to them all the time. In serious, sober moments. In whimsical drunk moments. In crises. And in everything in between.

And do you know the thing which gay guys and girls despair at the most?

Funnily enough it’s not the homophobia directed at them. Sadly, they come to expect it. What really gets them down is when their straight friends get dismissed as “snowflakes”. Or as “virtue signalling”.

When their straight friends stick up for them and are immediately shot down as if they are only defending them through some sort of defect. As if only somebody with something wrong with them or something to prove would ever stick up for gays whilst not being gay themselves.

When some dinosaur brushes over homophobia and accuses the straight guy who calls it out as “getting offended on somebody else’s behalf”, they feel even more powerless.

Thankfully this attitude is dying out. But it’s taking a painfully long time.
Don’t think I have ever met a gay person either. Tell me more. What are they like? Actually, don’t bother. I will print this off and spend some time reading it over the next few days.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Beradogs wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:30 am

What a tool.

My boss is gay.

I partied and hung out with homosexuals and lesbians on a weekly basis at college.

The most loyal, closest and important friend of my missus (and subsequently a good friend of mine) is gay.

So I’ve spent a lot of my life with gays. Talk to them all the time. In serious, sober moments. In whimsical drunk moments. In crises. And in everything in between.

Funnily enough it’s not the homophobia directed at them. Sadly, they come to expect it. What really gets them down is when their straight friends get dismissed as “snowflakes”. Or as “virtue signalling”.

When their straight friends stick up for them and are immediately shot down as if they are only defending them through some sort of defect. As if only somebody with something wrong with them or something to prove would ever stick up for gays whilst not being gay themselves.

When some dinosaur brushes over homophobia and accuses the straight guy who calls it out as “getting offended on somebody else’s behalf”, they feel even more powerless.

Don’t think I have ever met a gay person either. Tell me more. What are they like? Actually, don’t bother. I will print this off and spend some time reading it over the next few days.
How is the price of a hermit cave holding up in today's housing market then?
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

What a tool.

My boss is gay.

What a life you have led. When is the autobiography coming out?
P&O
Fresh Alias

Post by P&O »

Disoriented wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:02 am

What a tool.

My boss is gay.

I’m still young! Maybe I’ll release it in instalments.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

P&O wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:26 am
Disoriented wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:02 am

My boss is gay.

I’m still young! Maybe I’ll release it in instalments.
Chapter by chapter.

Good idea fella.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Tough on racism and rightly so.

But goes easy on incompetence.