Brexit

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Brexit

Post by EH16 »

Bob R Smillie wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:46 pm There will be no Brexit. The Civil Service have made sure of it. The politicos can say what they like. The wheezing old overpaid bores that they are.
The Civil Service have made sure of it - I'd be interested in how you've come to that conclusion, please explain.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

if Brexit does not happen believe me there will be hell to play.
Conservatives and Labour will feel the wrath of the people.
I for one will never vote again.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

I am a steadfast Remainer, but I reckon we should take a hard Brexit without a deal, just for a laugh. That would really stuff everybody especially Johnny Foreigner. It would then give me an opportunity to tell all the twats who vote leave " told you so!". Plus I am getting on age wise so don't really matter to me. I reckon you have guessed, I am a bit of a sensation seeker. Come on! Let's leave now.
FargO
Fresh Alias

Post by FargO »

I voted for joining the common market in the original referendum. Nobody asked my permission to enrol me in a federal Europe.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

[quote=FargO post_id=423 time=1555155551 user_id=139]
I voted for joining the common market in the original referendum. Nobody asked my permission to enrol me in a federal Europe.
[/quote

exactly .
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

greyhound wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:17 pm if Brexit does not happen believe me there will be hell to play.
I for one will never vote again. - Great news. Win win for us remainers, we can get on voting in governments that we want.
Last edited by EH16 on Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

FargO wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:39 pm I voted for joining the common market in the original referendum. Nobody asked my permission to enrol me in a federal Europe.
You (maybe not you individually but you - the people) voted for governments who approved it.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

EH16 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:36 pm
greyhound wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:17 pm if Brexit does not happen believe me there will be hell to play.
I for one will never vote again. - Great news. Win win for us remainers, we can get on voting in governments that we want.
cant wait for Corbyn and his side kicks :twisted: to get in power just so people
see what a shambles they voted for. remember no money left in the kitty.
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

UK been led down a slippery slope by right wing xenophobes in the ERG and DUP. The DUP have said No to every agreement in Northern Ireland. They pretend that they are great negotiators but can't even agree to get their own assembly up and running. They are involved in an RHI scandal that will be coming up shortly. They say that they are more British than the British and don't want to be treated differently but pick and choose what British laws they will follow, hypocrites. Ian Paisley Jr has been taking all expenses paid holidays by foreign despots. They took dark money to put full page pro Brexit pages in papers in England not even in Northern Ireland. The conservatives will regret ever getting into bed with that shower. The majority in Northern Ireland do not want Brexit.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

same goes for 70% of our MPS that's the problem.
democracy has been booted down the road.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Democracy has won out in the end.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

Disoriented wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:47 pm Democracy has won out in the end.
still its not over till its over. ;)
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

The conservative and unionist party and the democratic unionist party, have chosen with Labour that there can be no break in the union. Unfortunately, we have a prime minister who despite being in a unionist party, does not understand this. That is where the problem lies.

Get rid of the backstop and suddenly you have parliament on your side.

As for democracy, well that does not exist in parliament or the higher eschalongs of our civil service. Change is needed and Brexit has shown up the incompetence of our current politicians.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I wrote a lengthy email to my MP absolutely ripping May to shreds and he agreed with me! He also knows the people are against her and her party.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Thor wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:40 pm I wrote a lengthy email to my MP absolutely ripping May to shreds and he agreed with me! He also knows the people are against her and her party.
The Tories have no loyalty, hence should not be trusted.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Decent pan-EU quizzer to help voters decide where to cast their Euro Election votes.

https://euandi2019.eu/survey/UK/default/En

It’s telling me to put an x by The Shinners :) Or, failing them having a candidate in rural Kent, The Greens. Curiously, Labour are half way down the list. Not unexpectedly, the bat - sh*t brexit brigade & Tory types are at the bottom of the pile for me.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Dunners wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:21 pm What's the latest score?
I heard the Peterborough score could prove to be very interesting.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

FargO wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:39 pm I voted for joining the common market in the original referendum. Nobody asked my permission to enrol me in a federal Europe.
Bingo, exactly.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

EH16 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:28 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:11 pm I feel none of the three main parties represent me anymore so I'll be voting for the Brexit party in the Euro elections . I concede we're not leaving now so maybe we can bring them down from the inside.
Protest votes are intrinsically stupid. People end up giving support to parties who even less represent them. Go vote and spoil your ballot paper if you must protest.
A protest vote with a projected 28% vote share. I don’t think so. They will be like trump in the U.S and we are about to drain the swamp.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

RoryRocks wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:47 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:11 pm I feel none of the three main parties represent me anymore so I'll be voting for the Brexit party in the Euro elections . I concede we're not leaving now so maybe we can bring them down from the inside.

Brexit is BS. Many voted for It as it was a protest vote and never believed it would happen. Make the nightmare go away, most people are sick of it and trust me it will not be good for anybody. For all those hardline Brexiteers you were never going to get your "Brexit Utopia" even if you even really knew what that was going to look like. We now know it was never going to be simple and frankly did anybody believe that it was this complicated. Who would have thought that a border imposed on Ireland was going to come back to haunt the UK almost 100 years on? I cant remember anybody really bringing this up with all the mistruths and lies that were doing the rounds prior to Brexit referendum. Brexit will likely quicken up the process of breaking up the UK. The Toffs mislead everybody and they are still misleading as many people who will listen to their nonsense to this day. Divorces are never easy and this was always going to be the most difficult of all divorces that will impact the many generations to come. Its going to be Brexit light or none at all.
Who wants a border? The EU have said they would never put a border up. We would never put a border up. The border is a non issue designed to confuse the thick like you.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

They used to be a Borders in Leytonstone it wasn’t a very good bookshop though so should I vote leave ?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

I expect there to be hard border when Scotchlandshire becomes independent in 18 months. This will enable checks to be performed to ensure our oil does not continue to be stolen
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

Beradogs wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:25 pm
RoryRocks wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:47 pm

Brexit is BS. Many voted for It as it was a protest vote and never believed it would happen. Make the nightmare go away, most people are sick of it and trust me it will not be good for anybody. For all those hardline Brexiteers you were never going to get your "Brexit Utopia" even if you even really knew what that was going to look like. We now know it was never going to be simple and frankly did anybody believe that it was this complicated. Who would have thought that a border imposed on Ireland was going to come back to haunt the UK almost 100 years on? I cant remember anybody really bringing this up with all the mistruths and lies that were doing the rounds prior to Brexit referendum. Brexit will likely quicken up the process of breaking up the UK. The Toffs mislead everybody and they are still misleading as many people who will listen to their nonsense to this day. Divorces are never easy and this was always going to be the most difficult of all divorces that will impact the many generations to come. Its going to be Brexit light or none at all.
Who wants a border? The EU have said they would never put a border up. We would never put a border up. The border is a non issue designed to confuse the thick like you.
Were you ever in Ireland when the border was up? If so, have you been over in Ireland since the border was torn down? If you don't have a customs union and single market, somebody will have to enforce some form of border control. The EU will never allow sub standard agricultural products from outside Britain and the EU come in through a backdoor like Ireland. Educate yourself before you spout the same nonsense that the DUP, ERG, Muppets like Banks and Farage churn out daily. They are all Pro Trump too which really is quite telling. Talk about being "thick".
Andersonitis
Fresh Alias

Post by Andersonitis »

I 1000% think Brexit is going to happen
It’s what the majority voted for & if it’s not carried out its the biggest crime against democracy ever,
So it won’t be allowed to happen,
Furthermore protesting against what the majority voted against is to my mind the most disgraceful act anyone can do,
There are hundreds of ways Brexit can rejuvenate this country,
But it would take someone to implement it who has a spine not seen in parliament for a good many years.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Andersonitis wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:12 am I 1000% think Brexit is going to happen
It’s what the majority voted for & if it’s not carried out its the biggest crime against democracy ever,
So it won’t be allowed to happen,
Furthermore protesting against what the majority voted against is to my mind the most disgraceful act anyone can do,
There are hundreds of ways Brexit can rejuvenate this country,
But it would take someone to implement it who has a spine not seen in parliament for a good many years.
Hundreds? Name ONE way Brexit will guarantee ‘rejuvenating’ the country.