Fisticuffs/Handbags

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Re: Fisticuffs/Handbags

Post by Lucky7 »

kokomO wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:59 am
Lucky7 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:09 pm
BIGRON wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:05 pm Watched it all , a Salford fan had a row with an O's fan and they threw a couple of punches , another Salford fan decided to help his mate out so the O's fans decided it was one sided and joined in , ended up about a dozen fans from each club throwing punches and traffic cones , in the end about 30 O's fans charged at them and they legged it down the road , most of the salford lads looked in thier teens , one O's fan maybe in his fifties was giving em some muscle 👍👍
Embarrassing for both sets of fans
Talking crap mate if someone attacks you, your going to defend yourself, nothing embarrassing from our fans.
Talking crap?
Hard to defend yourself if your elderly disabled other health problems etc etc
None of us stay 18 forever
Thanks for embarrassing yourself 😋👍
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

Find it hard to see how saying you have a right to defend yourself is embarrassing myself but there you go. Personally, I walk away from aggro but just saying that sometimes people don't have that opportunity. As I said in an earlier post, if the police and stewards had done the job that they were there for it could've been easily avoided. 👍
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Kokomo, can you get yourself down to Brentwood this coming Thursday evening?
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:20 pm Kokomo, can you get yourself down to Brentwood this coming Thursday evening?
He could also be of use on the barricades outside Downing Street when the right wingers attempt to steam in next week.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Disoriented wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:23 pm
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:20 pm Kokomo, can you get yourself down to Brentwood this coming Thursday evening?
He could also be of use on the barricades outside Downing Street when the right wingers attempt to steam in next week.
He’s already stated he’s a lover not a fighter Paul😂😋👍
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

BIGRON wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:05 pm Watched it all , a Salford fan had a row with an O's fan and they threw a couple of punches , another Salford fan decided to help his mate out so the O's fans decided it was one sided and joined in , ended up about a dozen fans from each club throwing punches and traffic cones , in the end about 30 O's fans charged at them and they legged it down the road , most of the salford lads looked in thier teens , one O's fan maybe in his fifties was giving em some muscle 👍👍
Ah, the classic, ‘they ran off, we won’ bollocks post
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Lucky7 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:37 pm
Could be a diversion then. 🙂
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

Lucky7 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:37 pm
Certainly am, life's too short! 👍
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

dOh Nut wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:20 am All started off in the ground. Plenty of banter from the fans, some of it pretty ugly, like chants about “we pay your benefits” and “benefit street” plus digs at blokes wearing Man U shirts. You could see a few Salford fans getting irate, one complained to a steward (now that is embarrassing) and a number left a few minutes from the end to a barrage of slagging off after the own goal equaliser. Luvly Jubbly.

Gotta say I enjoyed it. Been on the other side of that stuff too fecking often.

Saw the poor cone up in the air. What did that do wrong? And the crowds with jostling. All seemed fairly harmless tbh. But in this day and age of knives perhaps a tad stupid.

That equaliser was soooooooo sweet. We never deserved to lose. My Steak and chips at the hotel tasted all the better for it. My grandson is Aus watched it in his Orient Keepers shirt with his best mate wearing his Salford shirt. Doubt they resorted to a punch up.
I can't believe how badly you've interpreted what happened. Actually, I can...
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

kokomO wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:21 am Find it hard to see how saying you have a right to defend yourself is embarrassing myself but there you go. Personally, I walk away from aggro but just saying that sometimes people don't have that opportunity. As I said in an earlier post, if the police and stewards had done the job that they were there for it could've been easily avoided. 👍
I think it was a police free game , they turned up after the people involved had gone away from the ground
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Red_Army wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:55 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:20 am All started off in the ground. Plenty of banter from the fans, some of it pretty ugly, like chants about “we pay your benefits” and “benefit street” plus digs at blokes wearing Man U shirts. You could see a few Salford fans getting irate, one complained to a steward (now that is embarrassing) and a number left a few minutes from the end to a barrage of slagging off after the own goal equaliser. Luvly Jubbly.

Saw the poor cone up in the air. What did that do wrong? And the crowds with jostling. All seemed fairly harmless tbh. But in this day and age of knives perhaps a tad stupid.

That equaliser was soooooooo sweet. We never deserved to lose. My Steak and chips at the hotel tasted all the better for it. My grandson is Aus watched it in his Orient Keepers shirt with his best mate wearing his Salford shirt. Doubt they resorted to a punch up.
I can’t quite believe you feel you are the only one who really knows what went on. Actually I can.

Interestingly Mrs dOh who only puts up with football to humour me and enjoy weekends away, predicted before we left the ground that there would be trouble. She could see it brewing up, taking more interest in the antics of the fans, which she thought was generally more entertaining than the game. She was right. And of course I got a “told you” as we witnessed the handbags.

As a footnote. If you didn’t see or hear any of the banter going on and the irritation being generated you weren’t there.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

... And were the handbags at five paces?
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Chief crazy horse wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:51 pm ... And were the handbags at five paces?
They were white and people were dancing around them.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

dOh Nut wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:54 pm
Chief crazy horse wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:51 pm ... And were the handbags at five paces?
Who mentioned anything about colour ?
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

BIGRON wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:21 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:54 pm
Who mentioned anything about colour ?

Whoosh!

The handbags, not the people
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

dOh Nut wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:43 pm

I can’t quite believe you feel you are the only one who really knows what went on. Actually I can.

Interestingly Mrs dOh who only puts up with football to humour me and enjoy weekends away, predicted before we left the ground that there would be trouble. She could see it brewing up, taking more interest in the antics of the fans, which she thought was generally more entertaining than the game. She was right. And of course I got a “told you” as we witnessed the handbags.

As a footnote. If you didn’t see or hear any of the banter going on and the irritation being generated you weren’t there.
Well as I was there and have eyes and a brain, I do actually know what happened.

It was far from harmless. There were at least 3 people covered in blood and a car window was smashed in. It wasn't 80s stuff, but it wasn't nothing either.

'Banter' between fans happens every week. This kicked off because 6 to 10 Salford decided to start a ruck outside the away end.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Red_Army wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:46 pm

Well as I was there and have eyes and a brain, I do actually know what happened.

It was far from harmless. There were at least 3 people covered in blood and a car window was smashed in. It wasn't 80s stuff, but it wasn't nothing either.

'Banter' between fans happens every week. This kicked off because 6 to 10 Salford decided to start a ruck outside the away end.
What age were the Orient fans concerned fella?
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Stamford O »

People were parking between the traffic cones.obviously left there as weapons
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Why was that. And look up the word seemed. Stop being a silly sausage
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

dOh Nut wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:03 pm

If it only 'seemed' it, why would you waste your time writing a post about it?

I know what 'seemed' means. For example it 'seemed' as if you supported the previous ownership.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Disoriented wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:48 pm

What age were the Orient fans concerned fella?
A range as it was a random collection of fans who were leaving the away end. No Orient fans were in a part of the ground you wouldn't expect them to be.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Red_Army wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:29 pm

I know what 'seemed' means. For example it 'seemed' as if you supported the previous ownership.
You are so intent, almost obsessed, with having a go at me you continue to make yourself look an absolute Pratt. Give it up, better still grow up and stop making yourself look like a silly little boy. I’m laughing at you, taking to piss. Or does it just seem that way. :lol:
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

dOh Nut wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:33 pm

You are so intent, almost obsessed, with having a go at me you continue to make yourself look an absolute Pratt. Give it up, better still grow up and stop making yourself look like a silly little boy. I’m laughing at you, taking to p*ss. Or does it just seem that way. :lol:
You've posted what you have on the various boards for the past 5+ years and you decide to tell me that Iook silly?
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Red_Army wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:39 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:33 pm

You are so intent, almost obsessed, with having a go at me you continue to make yourself look an absolute Pratt. Give it up, better still grow up and stop making yourself look like a silly little boy. I’m laughing at you, taking to p*ss. Or does it just seem that way. :lol:
You've posted what you have on the various boards for the past 5+ years and you decide to tell me that Iook silly?
Fantastic. :lol: Keep going. :lol: Wonderful. :lol: 2/10. Must try harder.
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

From what I've read on here, the trouble at the end of the match was the direct result of two O's fans going in the home end. They had to be escorted to the away end , this upset the Salford supporters and set the tone for the subsequent events , ie handbags