Thomas Tuchel - Next England Manager 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇩🇪

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Fellowo
Fresh Alias

Re: Thomas Tuchel - Next England Manager 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇩🇪

Post by Fellowo »

Amazes me that a footballer must have some form of connection to a Country to play for its national side, but anything goes for the Manager. Surely there is going to be a conflict of interest when for instance England play Germany.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Nothing to lose for Tuchel here.

Does well and he becomes a hero in England.

Doesn’t do well and nobody in Germany or the rest of the world would care. A proven manager like Tuchel could easily put a flop down to England players being bottlers rather than suffering any serious damage to his reputation. He might struggle to get a job at an English club again but he has already done Chelsea, only other big clubs he’d feasibly be interested in are City and possibly Arsenal. Neither of those jobs coming up any time soon. Think he already turned down United.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

On paper it’s the perfect match. A team of quality individuals who over achieve in tournaments but just can’t find a way to win, with a manager who’s knows how to win major trophies
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

He's probably the best coach available in terms of record, so we'll
have a definite step up tactically from what we've had, but there's a chance that he'll come short on the stuff that Southgate was excellent at whilst never getting credit for- getting the players motivated to play for their country and managing the relationship with our awful press.

Don't really see how anyone could complain other than the odd thicko who somehow holds a grudge against Germany still.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

I'm not particularly jumping through hoops over the appointment but it has nothing to do with Hitler and the second world war, if that's what you're implying.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Having slept on it, I've decided that I'm gutted.

One of my greatest pleasures during recent international tournaments has been the opportunity to roll out the Mike Bassett memes. I just can't see that working now with forin in charge.
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:36 pm On paper it’s the perfect match. A team of quality individuals who over achieve in tournaments but just can’t find a way to win, with a manager who’s knows how to win major trophies
Knows how to win trophies with PSG, Chelsea and Bayern Munich. Many others have sussed how to do this - ££££££££. Hope he gets a decent transfer budget with Enguland.
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

Why are so many people complaining about appointing a foreign manager?
Practically all our top clubs do it, just the same old xenophobic rubbish from the usual suspects.
Would they have rolled out the same claptrap if it was Klopp, Guardiola or Klinsmann?
I said on here when Southgate was appointed that we would never win anything with him in charge
Got a feeling we might actually manage something with Tuchel, really hope so.