Moving house advice

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Constanza
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Moving house advice

Post by Constanza »

Take the wall plaque.
Pagan Orient
Fresh Alias

Post by Pagan Orient »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 2:19 pm She's actually mental.

Wants to come round with another roofer.
Excellent. Tell them they can bring their dinners, as they're gonna need it so you can have a right sort out.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 4:28 pm I've spent the afternoon typing a reply to this mad woman. I've said we're not going to give you anymore money off than already offered, you can check some stuff next week but then I need a decision from you. Told the agent to convince her or or relisting with someone else.
Was it a strongly worded email? You great big chicken. Like Dunners says get down the agents and wreck the place. In the circumstances it is the only reasonable way to move this sale on.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Admin wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 3:06 pm All flippancy aside LSN, it does really look like you're being royally f*cked about. What does the agent say in all this?

Everything you've described feels like a buyer who's probably having serious doubts about proceeding. Spike's probably right - it needs to be back on the market now. It'll flush this buyer out one way or another. Appreciate it'll be disappointing if they do withdraw but better to find out now than waste more time.
The agent has been pretty useless, mainly just passes emails back and forth.
The buyer is nervous and wants to check every single arse covering word on the survey- electrics, gas, plumbing, the bloody floor (even though i thought we'd moved past that), roof