Democratic - I don't think so......

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Democratic - I don't think so......

Post by redintheface »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:57 am
redintheface wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:50 am Not sure this move is any less “ democratic” than the attempts by a group of MPs to give themselves new powers to take control of Parliament and stop an exit from the EU! As said above, these people have had three years to act upon the referendum result and failed - time to move on.
You're right, they're terrible people for wanting to stop this country falling off a cliff edge with a lot of people's livelyhoods and health on the line just because a load of brainwashed dickheads who shouldn't even be allowed to breathe, let alone vote, did something stupid.
Wow! You want to kill 17.5m people just because they have a different viewpoint to you? Sad and deeply disturbing at the same time.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

That's just a straightforward lie.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

redintheface wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:50 am
redintheface wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:50 am Not sure this move is any less “ democratic” than the attempts by a group of MPs to give themselves new powers to take control of Parliament and stop an exit from the EU! As said above, these people have had three years to act upon the referendum result and failed - time to move on.
You're right, they're terrible people for wanting to stop this country falling off a cliff edge with a lot of people's livelyhoods and health on the line just because a load of brainwashed dickheads who shouldn't even be allowed to breathe, let alone vote, did something stupid.
Wow! You want to kill 17.5m people just because they have a different viewpoint to you? Sad and deeply disturbing at the same time.
I don't want to kill anyone. Just saying they shouldn't be allowed to breathe. I'll give a couple of family members a pass but other than that, the rest can all go.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Dunners wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:24 am He's just on a wind up. He's having to play off the remainer MPs and also keep an eye on Farage. There'll be a deal and, while it will look a bit different, under the bonnet it will be mainly along the same lines as the one May negotiated. Many of the cabinet voted for May's deal in the first place.
Indeed, 22 of the 23, Johnson is no fool, he knows a couple of small tweaks and he can get this over the line, but only with the stick of no deal on the table. He is playing this very well.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:16 am
Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:08 am
Max B Gold wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:55 am

A true parliamentary democracy has nothing to do with referenda and suspending it sitting as a means to implement a highly contentious Brexit is unacceptable and dangerous. You can't argue for democracy and then suggest it should be suspended.
So what do you know about Democracy ? If you and people of like mind got their own way, we would have a Stalinist type, extreme left wing, one party state and like China is now, a government that is unable to be voted out !!
Looks like your post is straight from the knee jerk moron politically uneducated school of thought which dictates that when you are clueless and IMBECILIC just make it up
What else reaction can you expect ? You, a person who for so long has been non stop preaching the joys of living under a one party extreme left wing state. Actually love it that you reacted like that..........When you have to resort to name calling, then you have truly lost the argument !
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:56 am
I don't want to kill anyone. Just saying they shouldn't be allowed to breathe. I'll give a couple of family members a pass but other than that, the rest can all go.
Not being allowed to breathe means to kill.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Anyone who thinks this board is democratic needs a rotten tomato 🍅 in the nose
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

redintheface wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:48 am
Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:08 am
So what do you know about Democracy ? If you and people of like mind got their own way, we would have a Stalinist type, extreme left wing, one party state and like China is now, a government that is unable to be voted out !!
Looks like your post is straight from the knee jerk moron politically uneducated school of thought which dictates that when you are clueless and IMBECILIC just make it up
Don’t see why not, you’ve being getting away with it for years😀
With a response like that Sid, you can clearly see, 'they don't like it up' em! '
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

take a breath son.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Goodness me! " a load of stupid brainwashed dickheads who shouldn't be allowed to breath??" Totally out of order.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Why did people vote to 'give power back' to a parliament that they don't want to do its constitutional job?
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:47 pm

No, it means they shouldn’t be allowed to breathe.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:21 pm
Goodness me! " a load of stupid brainwashed dickheads who shouldn't be allowed to breath??" Totally out of order.
Aww, poor snowflake
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:39 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:47 pm
No, it means they shouldn’t be allowed to breathe.
Its one and the same thing.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

All this talk of suffocating people is just silly. We all know shooting is more humane.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Think Biggsy's "enthusiasm" may have slightly diminished the real topic a tad.....

So are all the Brexiteers on this thread happy with Boris the liar closing down Parliament? If so, why?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Mistadobalina wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:36 pm Why did people vote to 'give power back' to a parliament that they don't want to do its constitutional job?
Fair point, but they seem to have reached a stalemate.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Mistadobalina wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:36 pm Why did people vote to 'give power back' to a parliament that they don't want to do its constitutional job?
Because Johnson could come back with the best deal in history and parliament would still not vote for it. There is a majority in parliament to cancel brexit if they could and against the express wishes of the British people. But you know this already.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:12 pm

With a response like that Sid, you can clearly see, 'they don't like it up' em! '
As I replied to Max.......When you have to resort to name calling, then you have truly lost the argument !
Jo Swinson, the newly appointed leader of the Lib Dems, a person, like many others in the House of Commons, who wishes to have as many Referendum's as it takes to get the REMAIN result they want !! These people like her, have since 2016 hung around coming up with non stop delaying tactics to avoid enacting on the result of the 2016 referendum. If they had accepted the result in good faith and got behind the government, then it would have given a far stronger hand in the negotiations. Having said that, Mrs May was always a remainer and was a very poor negotiator as the EU KNEW full well that she would never do as she kept on saying ''No deal is better than a bad deal'' Also how many times did Theresa May say ''We are leaving the EU on March 29'' !! May would certainly never make a good Poker player !! May, more like a duty bound civil servant than a Prime Minister, pity she ever got the job, ok albeit by default in the 2016 Conservative Party leadership election PM race after Boris Johnson, seen as the front runner by political analysts, surprised many commentators by choosing not to run after Gove withdrew his backing and announced his own candidacy.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Beradogs wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:13 pm
Because Johnson could come back with the best deal in history and parliament would still not vote for it. There is a majority in parliament to cancel brexit if they could and against the express wishes of the British people. But you know this already.
Completely true and many like Jo Swinson who would vote for endless delays and as many referendums as it took to get to get the REMAIN result that they wanted !!
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Remaining is the best deal in history. When will you understand that?
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

If all Tory leavers + DUP had all got behind May's deal, it would have passed. Multiple votes have shown there is no majority for anything, least of all 'cancelling Brexit'.

There is no majority in this country for a no deal Brexit, no-one was talking about this as even a remote possibility 3 years ago. Like a lot of hardcore leave voters, you're conflating what you want with what the 52% - as they were then - want.

What happens after no deal and ensuing chaos? We go right back to the EU immediately for a deal. No deal is a delusion, pure and simple.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:15 pm
Chief crazy horse wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:12 pm

As I replied to Max.......When you have to resort to name calling, then you have truly lost the argument !
Jo Swinson, the newly appointed leader of the Lib Dems, a person, like many others in the House of Commons, who wishes to have as many Referendum's as it takes to get the REMAIN result they want !! These people like her, have since 2016 hung around coming up with non stop delaying tactics to avoid enacting on the result of the 2016 referendum. If they had accepted the result in good faith and got behind the government, then it would have given a far stronger hand in the negotiations. Having said that, Mrs May was always a remainer and was a very poor negotiator as the EU KNEW full well that she would never do as she kept on saying ''No deal is better than a bad deal'' Also how many times did Theresa May say ''We are leaving the EU on March 29'' !! May would certainly never make a good Poker player !! May, more like a duty bound civil servant than a Prime Minister, pity she ever got the job, ok albeit by default in the 2016 Conservative Party leadership election PM race after Boris Johnson, seen as the front runner by political analysts, surprised many commentators by choosing not to run after Gove withdrew his backing and announced his own candidacy.
Are you some sort of halfwit?

It wasn't Swinson who delayed Brexit. It was the Tories especially the rabid right wing ERG MPs
PAM
Fresh Alias

Post by PAM »

Cummings has played a blinder here. Totally outflanked Magic Grandpa
Old Bloke
Fresh Alias

Post by Old Bloke »

It raises the whole relationship between monarchy and parliament
what is the point of having a constitutionary Monarchy if they do not stop individuals who were elected by a small part of the electorate from going against the will of parliament.

Johnson should not have made the Queen get involved with his scheming