Democratic - I don't think so......

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BoniO
Regular
Regular

Democratic - I don't think so......

Post by BoniO »

So Boris is to ask the Queen if he can shut down Parliament so that he can force through a no deal Brexit unopposed by all those silly MP's - why should they be involved, eh?

I'm sure that all the Brexiteers who wanted a return to sovereignty and control will be very happy that we now seem to have a dictator in charge.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Democratic - I don't think so......

Post by PoundhillO »

Boris the Buffoon what an absolute c*nt !
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

TBH, as badly as I want to leave the EU,we should apply for another short extension and have a General Election. That way we can get rid of a lot of the Remainer MPs like,Soubry and a Wollaston.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

The Labour Party were the last to prorogue Parliament. Hysterical remainiacs have only themselves to blame.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

He's just on a wind up. He's having to play off the remainer MPs and also keep an eye on Farage. There'll be a deal and, while it will look a bit different, under the bonnet it will be mainly along the same lines as the one May negotiated. Many of the cabinet voted for May's deal in the first place.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

MPs have spent the last 3 years f*cking about, its time they moved out of the way.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Beradogs wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:20 am The Labour Party were the last to prorogue Parliament. Hysterical remainiacs have only themselves to blame.
Nothing hysterical about wanting Parliament to have a say in what is likely to be an immensely damaging decision for the Country. Nobody has voted for a no deal Brexit. If you're happy for one man to suddenly decide he has total power over all our destinies then you really are wearing blinkers. I would have thought that even Brexiteers would recognise that this is one huge step too far.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Cant you see that allowing no deal is essential to a good negotiation?
Flying Hippo
Fresh Alias

Post by Flying Hippo »

Perhaps there's a better way of looking at this?

The integrity of British parliamentary democracy needs to be rebuilt. This is due to the fundamentally anti-democratic behaviour of the majority of Conservative and almost all Labour MPs (bar a handful of heroes) during the May administration. It is now over three years and two months since the Referendum and, for the first time, minds appear, at last, to begin accepting that the United Kingdom will leave the European Union in October despite a three year, two month hissy fit.

Quite simply, the behaviour of those Conservative and Labour MPs who have done everything possible to subvert the democratic decision of the British people is what has brought democracy in this country into disrepute. In order to re-establish any credibility in true parliamentary democracy the decision of the electorate must be fulfilled; manifesto pledges must be honoured, and there has to be an acceptance that the European Union has been operating as a hostile foreign entity contrary to the best interest of the British people. (Actually an inept, corrupt, failing hostile entity.) Therefore the Prime Minister is compelled to ensure the United Kingdom leaves the EU by the end of October by whatever means possible. If he is sabotaged in so doing he will win by a landslide at the next election and will deliver the country's formal departure soon thereafter. It's going to happen and it's well past the time to start coming to terms with it.
Flying Hippo
Fresh Alias

Post by Flying Hippo »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:39 am Cant you see that allowing no deal is essential to a good negotiation?
Correct.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:14 am TBH, as badly as I want to leave the EU,we should apply for another short extension and have a General Election. That way we can get rid of a lot of the Remainer MPs like,Soubry and a Wollaston.
What will a General Election sort?

People will be voting on a whole range of issues. For example if I vote for a Brexit supporting Labour candidate is that because I support Brexit, I support a no deal Bre it or because I agree with labour's health policy, or its tax policy etc

A General Election provides no mandate on Brexit at all. It creates even more uncertainty
Tom Chance
Fresh Alias

Post by Tom Chance »

BoniO wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:29 am
Beradogs wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:20 am The Labour Party were the last to prorogue Parliament. Hysterical remainiacs have only themselves to blame.
Nothing hysterical about wanting Parliament to have a say in what is likely to be an immensely damaging decision for the Country. Nobody has voted for a no deal Brexit. If you're happy for one man to suddenly decide he has total power over all our destinies then you really are wearing blinkers. I would have thought that even Brexiteers would recognise that this is one huge step too far.
How do you know what people voted for ? Have you asked everyone in the country then ?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

spen666 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:43 am
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:14 am TBH, as badly as I want to leave the EU,we should apply for another short extension and have a General Election. That way we can get rid of a lot of the Remainer MPs like,Soubry and a Wollaston.
What will a General Election sort?

People will be voting on a whole range of issues. For example if I vote for a Brexit supporting Labour candidate is that because I support Brexit, I support a no deal Bre it or because I agree with labour's health policy, or its tax policy etc

A General Election provides no mandate on Brexit at all. It creates even more uncertainty
Stop with the political analysis. Lay out the strict legal position for us.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

Not sure this move is any less “ democratic” than the attempts by a group of MPs to give themselves new powers to take control of Parliament and stop an exit from the EU! As said above, these people have had three years to act upon the referendum result and failed - time to move on.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:39 am Cant you see that allowing no deal is essential to a good negotiation?
Well of course I can. And if I really believed that Boris wouldn't shut down Parliament to get his own way then I'd understand this. But I don't trust Boris at all. He's a lying scumbag.

You also made the point, incorrectly, that MP's have spent 3 years effing about. It's the Tory government who've spent 3 years effing about and now you're suggesting that this same government has now become an accomplished negotiator who we should trust to deliver a deal. Why?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Flying Hippo wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:39 am Perhaps there's a better way of looking at this?

The integrity of British parliamentary democracy needs to be rebuilt. This is due to the fundamentally anti-democratic behaviour of the majority of Conservative and almost all Labour MPs (bar a handful of heroes) during the May administration. It is now over three years and two months since the Referendum and, for the first time, minds appear, at last, to begin accepting that the United Kingdom will leave the European Union in October despite a three year, two month hissy fit.

Quite simply, the behaviour of those Conservative and Labour MPs who have done everything possible to subvert the democratic decision of the British people is what has brought democracy in this country into disrepute. In order to re-establish any credibility in true parliamentary democracy the decision of the electorate must be fulfilled; manifesto pledges must be honoured, and there has to be an acceptance that the European Union has been operating as a hostile foreign entity contrary to the best interest of the British people. (Actually an inept, corrupt, failing hostile entity.) Therefore the Prime Minister is compelled to ensure the United Kingdom leaves the EU by the end of October by whatever means possible. If he is sabotaged in so doing he will win by a landslide at the next election and will deliver the country's formal departure soon thereafter. It's going to happen and it's well past the time to start coming to terms with it.
A true parliamentary democracy has nothing to do with referenda and suspending it sitting as a means to implement a highly contentious Brexit is unacceptable and dangerous. You can't argue for democracy and then suggest it should be suspended.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Tom Chance wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:50 am
BoniO wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:29 am
How do you know what people voted for ? Have you asked everyone in the country then ?
No, but then again a "no deal" Brexit wasn't on the ballot paper was it?
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

redintheface wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:50 am Not sure this move is any less “ democratic” than the attempts by a group of MPs to give themselves new powers to take control of Parliament and stop an exit from the EU! As said above, these people have had three years to act upon the referendum result and failed - time to move on.
You're right, they're terrible people for wanting to stop this country falling off a cliff edge with a lot of people's livelyhoods and health on the line just because a load of brainwashed dickheads who shouldn't even be allowed to breathe, let alone vote, did something stupid.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Reported.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

redintheface wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:50 am Not sure this move is any less “ democratic” than the attempts by a group of MPs to give themselves new powers to take control of Parliament and stop an exit from the EU! As said above, these people have had three years to act upon the referendum result and failed - time to move on.
Wow! The Board has reached a new level of thickness.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:55 am
Flying Hippo wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:39 am Perhaps there's a better way of looking at this?

A true parliamentary democracy has nothing to do with referenda and suspending it sitting as a means to implement a highly contentious Brexit is unacceptable and dangerous. You can't argue for democracy and then suggest it should be suspended.
So what do you know about Democracy ? If you and people of like mind got their own way, we would have a Stalinist type, extreme left wing, one party state and like China is now, a government that is unable to be voted out !!
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Your first sentence was OK but then it went downhill pretty quickly. Firstly, it's perfectly democratic for opponents of Brexit to campaign against it and propose what they believe are alternative and better ways to proceed. It''s also worth noting that it's the current Tory government who have spent 3 years 2 months bolloxing up the negotiations. No-one else.

To describe the EU as a "hostile foreign entity" is just laughable. You and I may not agree with some of the EU's policies and there is a lot that can be improved but "hostile" - give me a break. If we go ahead with Brexit and do a deal with Trump we will be bending over for the big US Multinationals to come over and have their way with us - they'll cherry pick what they want to buy at bargain basement prices - sort of the UK becomes Poundland for Trumpy and pals. That WILL be hostile.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:08 am

So what do you know about Democracy ? If you and people of like mind got their own way, we would have a Stalinist type, extreme left wing, one party state and like China is now, a government that is unable to be voted out !!
Looks like your post is straight from the knee jerk moron politically uneducated school of thought which dictates that when you are clueless and IMBECILIC just make it up
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

I am surprised that Jezza hasn't got his foot troops out on the streets already. After all, this is supposed to be about his only forte. This now is the only way to stop the Brexit Lemmings take us over the cliff. The only true Democracy is when the Popular Majority take to the streets and put the fear of God into the half-wits in charge. I seem to remember this was pretty effective when the Half-Wits introduced the Poll Tax. Obviously Politicians these days don't read their History books. Viva La Revolucion!
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:16 am
Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:08 am

Looks like your post is straight from the knee jerk moron politically uneducated school of thought which dictates that when you are clueless and IMBECILIC just make it up
Don’t see why not, you’ve being getting away with it for years😀