Ethan Galbraith

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Qin
Fresh Alias

Ethan Galbraith

Post by Qin »

We understand that Ethan has been offered a new contract for some time now and he hasn't signed it
Well it's obvious, he isn't going to sign it is he?

Why on earth would he sign a new contract, when at the end of a season he's a free agent, and will be snapped up by a championship club, on at least double the wages hes earning at Leyton Orient.

I actually think the Orient will sell him in January whilst they can still get money for him, otherwise he'll go for nothing in May or June.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Re: Ethan Galbraith

Post by Hoover Attack »

He only came here because of Richie.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Who's "we"?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Bye Ethan, cheers lad.

Had to find 'something' to moan about didnt you?
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Qin wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:41 am We understand that Ethan has been offered a new contract for some time now and he hasn't signed it

Why on earth would he sign a new contract, when at the end of a season he's a free agent, and will be snapped up by a championship club, on at least double the wages hes earning at Leyton Orient.

I actually think the Orient will sell him in January whilst they can still get money for him, otherwise he'll go for nothing in May or June.
Well Ethan has to agree to sign for another club if Os accept an offer for him come January but if Ethan refuses the offer he can wait till he is a free agent and perhaps get a better deal for himself, in which case Os lose out on getting a big transfer fee.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

I suspect Galbraith's agent has been hawking him around to other clubs to see if he can get a 'better' deal elsewhere.

I suppose that is an agents job, but there must be a time limit, and I'd have thought it is well past that now.

We need to know soon, so we can consider getting a kid on loan thats recovering from a serious injury if indeed he will be going elsewhere
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Qin wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:41 am We understand that Ethan has been offered a new contract for some time now and he hasn't signed it

Whatever we'e offering him we must greatly increase it . We've simply got to do all we can and more to keep Ethan at Orient .
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:53 am Who's "we"?
Why are you digging out Qin's choice of pronouns? :((( :((( :(((
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

I would be happy to invest in an increase in his wages in return for a piece of the potential transfer value of the guy. No point in waiting until January when we’re top 6 and then have a huge dilemma. Increase his wage significantly now and give him a ‘get out’ for the end of the season. We have a gem of a player here.
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

Need to make it attractive for Ethan to sign
Like double his wages with a £1m exit clause end of 24/25 season
Worth noting that Dan Agyei has also not signed the new contact I believe has been offered
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

If we want to keep our best players we have to pay them what they’re worth.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

They could sign him and put in a clause something like a “sanity clause.” I know” there’s no sanity clause” Marx brothers 1936 duck soup.
timothy
Fresh Alias

Post by timothy »

I really hope I'm wrong but I don't think we can afford to pay Ethan what he is worth. I fear he'll be off. Same with Dan Agyei. Lets enjoy
them while we can.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Why were we able to get them here paying them less than they're worth?
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Players have no need to rush to sign new contracts at this time of year, with the obvious exception of the financial benefit. Take Zech Obiero, who has had a new deal on the table for a while now. Six weeks ago he was the messiah; right now we can't find a place for him in a winning team.

As for Galbraith, he is probably the prime beneficiary of Idris and Monc's moving on. He's getting minutes and proving his worth. He will only have to look at a couple of pals down in Bristol to know the grass is not always greener.

Come christmas the club can decide whether a player is available in January; they should know the players/agents intentions by then. We may need to keep them (I hope not) but I'd sell or move on players who are not looking to be here beyond the end of this season.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

I really don’t understand how and why transfer fees are even a thing at this level of the game.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Sunderland were absolutely gobsmacked when he turned down their Offer of a contract and signed for us when he left Man U,they thought they had him tied up. but Ethan wanted first team football. I suspect they will be knocking on the door in January.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Everyone seems to be forgetting the first 6 months of the 12 he's been with us.....
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:05 pm Everyone seems to be forgetting the first 6 months of the 12 he's been with us.....
And the second 6. We had to play him at full back so he could find himself at league one level. The player may remember that - but his agent won't :(((
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

LittleMate wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:53 pm Players have no need to rush to sign new contracts at this time of year, with the obvious exception of the financial benefit. Take Zech Obiero, who has had a new deal on the table for a while now. Six weeks ago he was the messiah; right now we can't find a place for him in a winning team.

As for Galbraith, he is probably the prime beneficiary of Idris and Monc's moving on. He's getting minutes and proving his worth. He will only have to look at a couple of pals down in Bristol to know the grass is not always greener.

Come christmas the club can decide whether a player is available in January; they should know the players/agents intentions by then. We may need to keep them (I hope not) but I'd sell or move on players who are not looking to be here beyond the end of this season.
Spot on about him benefiting from Miz moving on as good as Miz was he wasn’t adding to our midfield goal tally,Wellens talks about building a young team but the trouble with that is having to let go of young players like Galbraith. Perhaps we should take a leaf out of Peterborough’s book and sign players on a two year deal with an option of a extra year.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:39 pm Why were we able to get them here paying them less than they're worth?
Low self esteem?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:05 pm Everyone seems to be forgetting the first 6 months of the 12 he's been with us.....
I was just thinking he's had about 10-15 good games for us
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Long slender neck wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:08 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:39 pm Why were we able to get them here paying them less than they're worth?
Low self esteem?
We should start booing the both of them to keep their confidence low and ensure they stay. Maybe start some trash talk songs or give them silly nicknames?
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Methane Stale Quaife.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Little Ethan Girlbrains