Howes back to Wealdstone

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Re: Howes back to Wealdstone

Post by Hoover Attack »

Loyal_Supporter wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:11 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:56 pm
The Reverend wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:54 pm Back at his level. Hope he does well and the move is made long term.

Honestly can’t believe some on here were seriously suggesting that the guy should start league 1 games.
That’s fair enough but he didn’t let anybody down . I agree he’s not League One standard however he did do well away at Blackpool and Shrewsbury last season . I wish him good luck for the future
Agree with you for the most part but I reckon he could do a job in League 2.
If the job you’re thinking of is Goalkeeper, you’re wrong.
The 70+ goals conceded in his 1 season in the National League kind of prove that.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

BoniO wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:04 pm
The Reverend wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:50 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:23 pm As everyone knows, no one seriously claimed Howes was an L1 standard keeper or the answer to our problems, they were just calling for Hemming to be dropped and he was the only other keeper at the club at that stage. Bit sad that some people twist that to mean something else that miraculously backs up whatever point they were trying to make, repeatedly, ad nauseum.
So you speak for others on this board now, do you?

Or are you seriously trying to suggest that people demanding that a bloke start in league 1 fixtures didn’t think that he was good enough to play in league 1? Bizarre.
Mate, when you have Rich Tea "supporting" your point of view you really need to take a moment and consider..........
It’s ok, I’m also on their team.
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:58 pm
Loyal_Supporter wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:11 pm

That’s fair enough but he didn’t let anybody down . I agree he’s not League One standard however he did do well away at Blackpool and Shrewsbury last season . I wish him good luck for the future
Agree with you for the most part but I reckon he could do a job in League 2.
If the job you’re thinking of is Goalkeeper, you’re wrong.
The 70+ goals conceded in his 1 season in the National League kind of prove that.
Does not prove it at all. How was his defence in that first season?
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Not that Howes is up to playing in the first team, but this loan means that we cannot have Kelman, Currie, Perkins, and Donley in a matchday squad now, so it reduces our options further.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Proposition Joe wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:58 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:23 pm As everyone knows, no one seriously claimed Howes was an L1 standard keeper or the answer to our problems, they were just calling for Hemming to be dropped and he was the only other keeper at the club at that stage. Bit sad that some people twist that to mean something else that miraculously backs up whatever point they were trying to make, repeatedly, ad nauseum.

Or are you seriously trying to suggest that people demanding that a bloke start in league 1 fixtures didn’t think that he was good enough to play in league 1? Bizarre.
Performative ignorance such as this on a League One message board is the bizarre thing. You do you.
So just to confirm, you are indeed claiming that people were demanding that a guy they didn’t think was good enough to be in league 1 should be put starting line up of a league 1 side.

I think cornering yourself with nonsensical claims like the above rather than just admitting that someone who you don’t like happened to be correct on this occasion is very bizarre indeed. It really is strange that people have such fragile egos that they’d rather stoop to petty digs than just admit that someone else was right.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Adz wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:14 am Not that Howes is up to playing in the first team, but this loan means that we cannot have Kelman, Currie, Perkins, and Donley in a matchday squad now, so it reduces our options further.
We don’t have to have both loanee keepers in the match day squad, but throw one of our kid keepers on the bench.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Hoover Attack wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:50 am
Adz wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:14 am Not that Howes is up to playing in the first team, but this loan means that we cannot have Kelman, Currie, Perkins, and Donley in a matchday squad now, so it reduces our options further.
We don’t have to have both loanee keepers in the match day squad, but throw one of our kid keepers on the bench.
Aren't they both on loan too?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

The Reverend wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 5:36 am

Performative ignorance such as this on a League One message board is the bizarre thing. You do you.
So just to confirm, you are indeed claiming that people were demanding that a guy they didn’t think was good enough to be in league 1 should be put starting line up of a league 1 side.

I think cornering yourself with nonsensical claims like the above rather than just admitting that someone who you don’t like happened to be correct on this occasion is very bizarre indeed. It really is strange that people have such fragile egos that they’d rather stoop to petty digs than just admit that someone else was right.
To whom are you performing? Or is it just for your own amusement? I just don't get it.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Adz wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:01 am
Hoover Attack wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:50 am
Aren't they both on loan too?
Get one back in then.

That or accept Perkins isn’t good enough and bin him off, but would need to go back to one up top.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Proposition Joe wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:31 am
The Reverend wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 5:36 am

To whom are you performing? Or is it just for your own amusement? I just don't get it.
Trust me, there is nothing amusing (or remotely entertaining) about having to converse with you.
CEB2ElectricBoogaloo
Fresh Alias

Post by CEB2ElectricBoogaloo »

Rev, once again, for absolute clarity, the issue is not and never was that you don’t think Howes was a very good keeper.
It’s that you spent months acting as if you uniquely had this insight, and were disappointed by anyone who didn’t join in and give the guy dog’s abuse for not reaching the standard you believe he should.
Nobody disagreed with the opinion “Howes isn’t good enough” - we all just disagreed that A: you had had a brilliant insight nobody else had seen, and B: the best way to react to that insight was to post to such an extent about him that one might think he’d f***ed your girlfriend.

And so, now he’s off, that’d be a good time for you to quietly think “phew” rather than “remind” everyone that you never liked him
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Is CEB really telling someone to wind it in a bit when they’re finally being proved right on an issue ?
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

CEB2ElectricBoogaloo wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:52 am Rev, once again, for absolute clarity, the issue is not and never was that you don’t think Howes was a very good keeper.
It’s that you spent months acting as if you uniquely had this insight, and were disappointed by anyone who didn’t join in and give the guy dog’s abuse for not reaching the standard you believe he should.
Nobody disagreed with the opinion “Howes isn’t good enough” - we all just disagreed that A: you had had a brilliant insight nobody else had seen, and B: the best way to react to that insight was to post to such an extent about him that one might think he’d f***ed your girlfriend.

And so, now he’s off, that’d be a good time for you to quietly think “phew” rather than “remind” everyone that you never liked him
The guy who recently did a frame by frame analysis, using Google Earth as a secondary source, to breakdown every millisecond of a single mistake the guy made is claiming that I went a bit far in my criticism of him.

But let me guess, it’s “different” when you do it….
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

gshaw wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:03 pm Good luck to the guy, seemed a decent character just well out of his depth at this level.

Is it true what I saw posted on socials that we actually paid a fee for him initially?
Pennies
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

It seems disappointing that we can now only have a max of 5 of our 6 loan players in a match day squad.
Of the outfield players, can’t see Kelman, Currie or Donley being left out. That leaves Perkins. Ok, the guy hasn’t shown a lot to date, albeit early days. But we’re already short on options upfront, this means we really are struggling, esp with the high energy press RW likes to play.
Can we convert any of the squad into forward players?
Clare has already shown his versatility
DJ- don’t think he can press, too unfit
Donley- possibly
Obiero?
O’Neill?

We seem a bit stuffed upfront & have to pray Kelman & Agyei don’t get injured.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:48 pm
The Reverend wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:54 pm Back at his level. Hope he does well and the move is made long term.

Honestly can’t believe some on here were seriously suggesting that the guy should start league 1 games.
I was at both games and refute the accusation that he did well at either.

But of course, I wish him well 👍
Once you've made your mind up about a player, you watch a game with blinkers on and see what you want to see. I've never thought Howes was League 1 standard, but he did play well at Blackpool.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Ok, I respect your opinion but he really didn't. We've done this before but he had bugger all to do because of the defensive performance in front of him (TJ in particular was immense at CB that day).
Highwood Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Highwood Man »

I didn't think that Noah Phillips had gone out on loan to anyone so he could be an option. Seems crazy to use a loan spot with a back up keeper.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

I dont believe people were claiming Howes should play because he was League One quality, it was more that he 'cant be any worse than Hemming'.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

Hoover Attack wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:31 pm Ok, I respect your opinion but he really didn't. We've done this before but he had bugger all to do because of the defensive performance in front of him (TJ in particular was immense at CB that day).
Not only my opinion, the opinion of most.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66482417
CEB2ElectricBoogaloo
Fresh Alias

The Reverend wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:01 am
CEB2ElectricBoogaloo wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:52 am Rev, once again, for absolute clarity, the issue is not and never was that you don’t think Howes was a very good keeper.

The guy who recently did a frame by frame analysis, using Google Earth as a secondary source, to breakdown every millisecond of a single mistake the guy made is claiming that I went a bit far in my criticism of him.

I analysed the goal, I didn’t crucify the man.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Long slender neck wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 5:01 pm I dont believe people were claiming Howes should play because he was League One quality, it was more that he 'cant be any worse than Hemming'.
Oh, speaking on behalf of all Orient fans now are we? Sad.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

CEB2ElectricBoogaloo wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:36 pm
The Reverend wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:01 am

I analysed the goal, I didn’t crucify the man.
Of course. It’s “different” when you do it.

Did enjoy how an accusation of going a bit too far with something coming from you of all people has been met with ridicule from others. You’ve taken a big L here fella.
CEB2ElectricBoogaloo
Fresh Alias

Rev talking like he’s been on TikTok.

Again - you’ve had a year long campaign against a goalkeeper because you don’t think he’s a good goalkeeper.

I don’t think you’ll find any argument from me that I have strong opinions. I’m not in any way suggesting that having strong opinions is a bad thing. I’m saying that your campaign against one man who has done nothing to harm you long ago went over any line, and you seem to completely lack the awareness that the people telling you so are not saying that actually he’s a great goalkeeper; they’re saying that you have mistaken the extent of your antipathy towards him as a measure of how right you are about him.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

It's like watching Batman v The Joker.

One of them has got to be the good guy but I just can't figure out which one.