Hemming/Goddard

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Brastrapovich0
Fresh Alias

Hemming/Goddard

Post by Brastrapovich0 »

Being a bit long in the tooth I well remember Ray Goddard's first games. He was hesitant, nervous, coming too far out - trying to punch the ball and missing. YET he became one of our best ever keepers, even replacing John Jackson for the final games of our near promotion to Div One in 73/74. Let's give Hemming our support. You never know!
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Re: Hemming/Goddard

Post by Bergen »

I totally argee that we need to give him another chance. He has showed great character after he was openly criticized by RW after the Birmingham-game.
Eggski
Fresh Alias

Post by Eggski »

Hemmings is awful
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

But was ok yesterday
Winchestorfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchestorfan »

Eggski wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:34 pm Hemmings is awful
Were you at the game yesterday? If so were you at the right end?
oriboy
Fresh Alias

Post by oriboy »

Brastrapovich0 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:24 pm Being a bit long in the tooth I well remember Ray Goddard's first games. He was hesitant, nervous, coming too far out - trying to punch the ball and missing. YET he became one of our best ever keepers, even replacing John Jackson for the final games of our near promotion to Div One in 73/74. Let's give Hemming our support. You never know!
100% agree Julian, I felt for the lad after the first few games.He seems to have picked himself up and as said he has shown great character. Hopefully he pushes on and proves himself now.
MalvoliO
Fresh Alias

Post by MalvoliO »

Goddard was the favourite player of old boarder Doody, a lovely lady called Christine who used to sit in the South Stand.

Here's a question about Goddard. As he was several years before my time, how long was it before the crowd took to Goddard after his nervous start? Just so I know how long I should give Hemming, you see.

Hemming did well yesterday with at least two very good saves, and had that been the first game of the season we would have all left Reading feeling that we had a competent keeper on the books. That should give the lad some confidence.
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

Watching some of the game it seemed that the back line are getting comfortable with him, they seem to like him and are trusting him more. This can only be a good thing and will be to the benefit of the team and to Hemming.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Made 2 good saves yesterday (one routine possibly going wide anyway, the other straight at him but he stood tall) and collected one cross.

It’s a small step in the right direction.