Macauley Bonne signs for......

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Re: Macauley Bonne signs for......

Post by Hoover Attack »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:21 pm Can't quite, just yet. The 'opinion' bit was about Bonne's overall rating as a player, which I think you know.
It wasn't specifically about how well he did with Charlton..
So you agree he has performed well at L1 level previously? Thank you.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Can’t think of an Orient player that’s so mischaracterised after being outstanding for us, it’s really weird. I wonder why he’s seen as being average who had a lucky season or two when players like Harry smith are lamented and certain boarders are desperate to have back?
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 4:03 am Can’t think of an Orient player that’s so mischaracterised after being outstanding for us, it’s really weird. I wonder why he’s seen as being average who had a lucky season or two when players like Harry smith are lamented and certain boarders are desperate to have back?
It's almost as if there's some common trait on lamented players v lucky players.
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

I think he had a few peak seasons but there is something a bit off, took him ages to get a club last summer then got shipped out on loan, then this summer, same again. obviously something not right as any club with a reasonable bit of money in League Two on paper it's a dream signing but in reality it isn't
Crisby
Fresh Alias

Post by Crisby »

All I want to say is Macauley Bonne put in a very good shift at Orient. Ran the length of the pitch, attacking and defending, gave everything. Maybe too late to bring him back, but I can see him doing well at Sarfend. I wish him well.
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

Crisby wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:29 am All I want to say is Macauley Bonne put in a very good shift at Orient. Ran the length of the pitch, attacking and defending, gave everything. Maybe too late to bring him back, but I can see him doing well at Sarfend. I wish him well.
The thing is, if he is as good as people are saying ie having him at Orient at League One, let alone League Two, he should tear the conference apart
ELGUS
Fresh Alias

Post by ELGUS »

Who cares.....he is past it!
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

essexfootball wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:38 am
Crisby wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:29 am All I want to say is Macauley Bonne put in a very good shift at Orient. Ran the length of the pitch, attacking and defending, gave everything. Maybe too late to bring him back, but I can see him doing well at Sarfend. I wish him well.
The thing is, if he is as good as people are saying ie having him at Orient at League One, let alone League Two, he should tear the conference apart
He hasn't done it at L1 or L2 in recent seasons.

Which is why I'm saying something isn't right and I hope Maher is able to get him back to the player he was - terrorising NL defences, scoring loads of goals (but missing loads of chances too cos he's not a natural finisher).
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

For someone who isn't a natural finisher, the way he put that penalty away at Sutton was just PHWOAR and remains one of just a few truly pivotal moments in our history.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:02 pm
Chief crazy horse wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:21 pm Can't quite, just yet. The 'opinion' bit was about Bonne's overall rating as a player, which I think you know.
It wasn't specifically about how well he did with Charlton..
So you agree he has performed well at L1 level previously? Thank you.
You are thanking me for nothing. You are all about putting words into people's mouths. The original posting you said 'something has clearly happened '. I replied simply by saying, ' I don’t think so' thinking that would be the end of it, but you saw it as being challenged, which you can't take, anyway. Besides, most players and managers have sudden streaks of good runs and downs in their careers. Bonne has had mostly downs. He's not a good striker and he's overrated by many - and that is my opinion.
Yanzi Gravy
Fresh Alias

Post by Yanzi Gravy »

Reflecto wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:23 pm I would have had him back at the O's. Should of happened...
I agree, we really would have had nothing to lose. Short contract as a starters.
e15O
Fresh Alias

Post by e15O »

Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 4:03 pm The fact he did well enough in L1 with Charlton to earn a move to the Championship isn’t an opinion though, it’s a fact.

But agreed, let’s leave it there 👍
His good season with Charlton was already in the Championship. Definitely feels like something has gone very wrong for him, an attitude problem or off the pitch issues?
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

Hoover Attack wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:58 am

Which is why I'm saying something isn't right and I hope Maher is able to get him back to the player he was - terrorising NL defences, scoring loads of goals (but missing loads of chances too cos he's not a natural finisher).

The suggestion that Bonne wasn’t a natural finisher is one the most f*****g mental things I’ve ever read on here.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

20+ goals in both seasons for us suggests he was a good finisher
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Stowaway wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 3:44 pm

The suggestion that Bonne wasn’t a natural finisher is one the most f*****g mental things I’ve ever read on here.
He wasn’t. Which is why he missed so many chances for us.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Good job we got rid of Ruel then, as he was not a natural finisher
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Disagree. Ruel is a natural goalscorer.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:30 am

Agree.... I can see why some people think Bonne is a natural finisher, but of course he's not. Yes, he was a handful at times for defenders and he scored most of his goals running onto the ball or running with the ball. And he was good with penalties. In other words, quite good when he had time to think. But, like I've said many times before, when he was presented with a split second instinctive chance in front of goal he was next to woeful.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

He'd miss at least one sitter every game. Did well for us at that level but seems his time has passed.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

As do most forwards
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

No they don't.
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:30 am

🤡