Ticket Exchange Rip Off

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Re: Ticket Exchange Rip Off

Post by Hoover Attack »

Proposition Joe wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:00 am Giving £31 credit for a resold ticket is clearly bonkers - unlikely scenario maybe, but it'd mean if you re-sold your seat every game, you'd end up with more in credit than you originally shelled out
Works for kids tickets 👍
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:47 am What a bunch of whiny ****s.

In the olden days, if you couldn’t attend a game, you didn’t go. Your seat stayed empty. That was the end of it.

Nowadays, if you can’t attend a game, you click a button on the computer, the club try and resell the ticket for the empty seat (because we’ve had the fortunate position of having sell out crowds on occasions the past season or two), you get a tenner back, another fan gets to see the game, and the club get a little bit of additional revenue. It’s a win win win situation.
In the olden days it didn’t cost £30+ to watch 3rd division football.
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 12:10 pm

In the olden days, if you couldn’t attend a game, you didn’t go. Your seat stayed empty. That was the end of it.

Nowadays, if you can’t attend a game, you click a button on the computer, the club try and resell the ticket for the empty seat (because we’ve had the fortunate position of having sell out crowds on occasions the past season or two), you get a tenner back, another fan gets to see the game, and the club get a little bit of additional revenue. It’s a win win win situation.
Complete lie. Most home matches (15 of them) you can buy in the South stand for £23 (bought in advance even the night before)
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

aylesburyos wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 12:17 pm

Complete lie. Most home matches (15 of them) you can buy in the South stand for £23 (bought in advance even the night before)
Are tickets being sold for £30+… yes or no?

If the answer is yes (which it is) then it’s not a “complete lie” is it?
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 12:30 pm

Yes but most you can pay £23
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

More than happy to get £10 back on my Wrexham ticket if Hemming is still our goalie.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Lifelongfan wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 12:42 pm

That’s irrelevant and certainly doesn’t make my point that tickets are being sold for £30+ a “complete lie”.
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

I can't make Saturdays and want to do the Tuesday's but they are still priced at the top tier for a Tuesday night with a lower attendance
Nad2008
Fresh Alias

Post by Nad2008 »

Don’t have a problem with that.

I have a problem with having £31 in my account. Then without spending a penny, my balance is £10.
Nad2008
Fresh Alias

Post by Nad2008 »

Celtient wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:09 am
Nad2008 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:45 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:39 pm It's not a glitch. I know one Boarder who spotted this a couple of weeks ago and emailed the Club to ask what was up. They said the original credit was "an error" and it should have been £10 all along. The apparent lack of comms about it is pretty shoddy.
Well I won’t be using that again. They are using my ticket to generate more profit when I can’t make it. I’ll pass it on so it doesn’t go to waste. But they can f*** right off.
It's not the club's fault that you can't make it to the game. I would be happy to get a tenner back in these circumstances. In most cases, if you buy a ticket for something and don't turn up, it's tough luck
If I knew I’d get a tenner for it, I’d have sold it privately. The club already have my money for the ticket.
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:05 pm

That’s irrelevant and certainly doesn’t make my point that tickets are being sold for £30+ a “complete lie”.
You really are negative towards Orient. It is boring
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

I’m surprised some of this lot purchased a season ticket in the first place! Quite clearly there was an obvious error in the system!! If it looks too good it’s clearly an error or a fraud.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Lifelongfan wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:53 pm

Your opinion of whether I’m positive or negative is also irrelevant. Somebody claimed I was lying when I was telling a demonstrable truth. Your little whine and moan at me doesn’t change that fact.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Nad2008 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:44 pm

I have a problem with having £31 in my account. Then without spending a penny, my balance is £10.
If your bank made a balls-up and accidentally credited your Bank account with £10,000 and then realised the mistake and debited it back out, before you could cash in, would you be this upset with them?
Nad2008
Fresh Alias

Post by Nad2008 »

StillSpike wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:04 pm
Nad2008 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:44 pm

If your bank made a balls-up and accidentally credited your Bank account with £10,000 and then realised the mistake and debited it back out, before you could cash in, would you be this upset with them?

I feel a bank would communicate to the customer and let them know what’s happened to be honest.

Likewise, the comparison it a bit extreme, but you’re right, Orient starting to act like the big banks. Rushing season ticket renewals under false pretences et al.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Rushing season ticket renewals under false pretences? Not sure that stands up. Pretty sure all they have to provide is a seat and access to 23 League One games. Which bit is the false pretence?
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:33 pm

Your opinion of whether I’m positive or negative is also irrelevant. Somebody claimed I was lying when I was telling a demonstrable truth. Your little whine and moan at me doesn’t change that fact.
Just an observation you are always negative. My opinion is relevant to me and others. Bore off
Nad2008
Fresh Alias

Post by Nad2008 »

Proposition Joe wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:13 pm Rushing season ticket renewals under false pretences? Not sure that stands up. Pretty sure all they have to provide is a seat and access to 23 League One games. Which bit is the false pretence?

The Rev summed it up better and more succinctly than I ever could:

“ People slowly coming to realise that the club are operating a “squeeze ‘em for all we can” model.

The clues were there, including the unreasonably short deadline for season ticket renewals off the back of false promises about “exciting” signings that never happened. A ticket categorisation system with prices which shoot up since introduction.”
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

All I can say is my season ticket is great value , when I'm away in October and miss 2 home games mine and err indoors tickets will go up for grabs free of charge on here 👍👍
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Lifelongfan wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:05 pm

Just an observation you are always negative. My opinion is relevant to me and others. Bore off
Your opinion is completely irrelevant to the point being discussed. Somebody said I was lying. I wasn’t lying. End of story.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Last season I was getting nearly full whack for tickets I resold on the platform, even if the game wasn't a sell out (have I guess what could be described as 'good' seats). Given I missed about 7 games last season, it meant that I ended up making roughly 140 back, making this year's season ticket surprisingly cheap. Sounds like they've realised that the economics of it don't add up.

It's always been odd to me that the resale function actually operates for non sell out games, there is zero incentive to put existing season ticket seats on there until we've run out of match day tickets to sell. Each resale is a financial loss the club doesn't need to make unless there are no other tickets available.

Comms around it are piss poor all the same. Got the same message about the Birmingham game and they should have managed this much better.
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

The Reverend wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:27 am

Your opinion is completely irrelevant to the point being discussed. Somebody said I was lying. I wasn’t lying. End of story.
Economical with the truth. Bore off and get behind the club
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Nad2008 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:15 am
Orient Punxx wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:04 am Always been a tenner - the £30 was an obvious error which I ignored. The seat never sold anyway.
I had an email stating my ticket has sold and I’ve been credited with £31. Next time I signed in my balance is£10. No communication from the club regarding an error or taking £21 from my account.
They should never stated a return of £31. What they should do is give you a 23rd of the price of your season ticket. You cannot have expected £31 for each game you don’t turn up. they would be put of pocket
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Lifelongfan wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:00 pm

“Economical with the truth”

Ermm no. I said that tickets are being sold for £30+. Tickets are indeed being sold for £30+.

Just because you have a negative opinion of me that doesn’t change what is or isn’t a fact. Calling somebody a liar when they are saying something which is demonstrably a fact is just petty. Grow up.
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

The Reverend wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:36 pm
Lifelongfan wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:00 pm

“Economical with the truth”

Ermm no. I said that tickets are being sold for £30+. Tickets are indeed being sold for £30+.

Just because you have a negative opinion of me that doesn’t change what is or isn’t a fact. Calling somebody a liar when they are saying something which is demonstrably a fact is just petty. Grow up.
Yes 3 matches at these prices. so yes economical with the truth. now bore off and support the team