Bonne

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

MayIPooOnYourKnee
Fresh Alias

Bonne

Post by MayIPooOnYourKnee »

We look toothless upfront.
He doesn't have a club.
But we gave done the budget and it ain't gonna happen.
Nice thought though.
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Bonne

Post by essexfootball »

He lasted had a good game about five years ago
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Since leaving us he’s had 1 semi-decent season which was on loan to Ipswich in league 1 about 3 seasons ago.

If he hadn’t played for us previously people wouldn’t even be mentioning him.

No thanks. There’s a reason he’s a free agent.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

He was great for us during our National League days but he's now well past his best . No Thanks .
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

Definitely a no.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Always in the minority but I’d have him back. He has a skill set that we haven’t got anywhere else. He holds the ball up well and works incredibly hard. You don’t really need your CF to score a ton of goals but we do need someone to bring Kelman and ageyi into the game a bit more.
Probably won’t happen though but he’s a club legend regardless
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

The Reverend wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:08 am Since leaving us he’s had 1 semi-decent season which was on loan to Ipswich in league 1 about 3 seasons ago.
So he didn't have a decent season on his initial stint at Charlton, when QPR paid a rumoured 2 million for him, admittedly a waste of money. One of the few players where we actually got a decent sell on return.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Last time I saw a clip of him he looked well overweight , could fit right in 😂
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:36 am Always in the minority but I’d have him back. He has a skill set that we haven’t got anywhere else. He holds the ball up well and works incredibly hard. You don’t really need your CF to score a ton of goals but we do need someone to bring Kelman and ageyi into the game a bit more.
I’m going to agree (first time for everything) we need someone up front for sure. Don’t think he’s the answer but a short term deal up to Christmas perhaps?or pay as you play? Needs to get fit though.someone suggested Waghorn another possibility for a short term deal. We need a bit of experience up front. What we have at the moment is to light weight. Get one of them in on trial for a look see💁‍♀️
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

No to Bonne. Had a good season in the National League. Done nothing since. Its Barnet or bust for him I'm afraid.
ChorizO
Fresh Alias

Post by ChorizO »

Max B Gold wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:38 am No to Bonne. Had a good season in the National League. Done nothing since. Its Barnet or bust for him I'm afraid.
Still would score goals for fun in the Scotchland league.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:07 am
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:36 am Always in the minority but I’d have him back. He has a skill set that we haven’t got anywhere else. He holds the ball up well and works incredibly hard. You don’t really need your CF to score a ton of goals but we do need someone to bring Kelman and ageyi into the game a bit more.
I’m going to agree (first time for everything) we need someone up front for sure. Don’t think he’s the answer but a short term deal up to Christmas perhaps?or pay as you play? Needs to get fit though.someone suggested Waghorn another possibility for a short term deal. We need a bit of experience up front. What we have at the moment is to light weight. Get one of them in on trial for a look see💁‍♀️
We're definitely a striker short so out of those two I would choose Waghorn . . As always though how much money is left in our budget ? I would imagine it's now all spent .
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

From all accounts the all action Bonne that we had is long gone, now overweight and unfit and has completely lost his edge. Perhaps worth a gamble or Waghorn on as you say ''a short term deal up to Christmas perhaps?or pay as you play? Needs to get fit though'' Thing is, I have seen no indication that Richie likes or wants a target men type centre forward and this is much of the reason for Os problems in scoring lack of goals. Richie is stubborn and reluctant to change his way of playing.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

ChorizO wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:39 am
Max B Gold wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:38 am No to Bonne. Had a good season in the National League. Done nothing since. Its Barnet or bust for him I'm afraid.
Still would score goals for fun in the Scotchland league.
Nobody would sign him so your theory will never be tested. He would do OK in the Lowland League.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Sid Bishop wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:50 am
From all accounts the all action Bonne that we had is long gone, now overweight and unfit and has completely lost his edge. Perhaps worth a gamble or Waghorn on as you say ''a short term deal up to Christmas perhaps?or pay as you play? Needs to get fit though'' Thing is, I have seen no indication that Richie likes or wants a target men type centre forward and this is much of the reason for Os problems in scoring lack of goals. Richie is stubborn and reluctant to change his way of playing.
Signing unfit players in the hope the get fit at some point is slightly better than signing a player with a broken ankle. Both options are a waste of money we don't have anyway. HTH.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Max B Gold wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:58 am

Signing unfit players in the hope the get fit at some point is slightly better than signing a player with a broken ankle. Both options are a waste of money we don't have anyway. HTH.
I really cannot understand why the all action Bonne has gone from where he was to where he is now in such a relatively short space of time. Not like he has suffered a bad injury of any sort is it ? I mean as a pro footballer, keeping fit is something you need to do as a top priority isn't it ! Perhaps they lose their enthusiasm and motivation, love of playing etc. Think of Stanley Mathews, kept himself fit and playing till he was 50 years old !
Norlington Road
Fresh Alias

Post by Norlington Road »

I’d bring him back , he’d add something to the squad , including experience . This was two years ago at a higher level than us . You don’t lose all of that skill in two years . He just needs the right inspiration .
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Didnt we consider him before but his first question was about money? Also the car crash incident at Gillingham (and considering how quickly they moved him on) would be a red flag for me.
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

Recalling Pigott back from his loan at Wimbledon would be a better option
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Long slender neck wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 12:58 pm Didnt we consider him before but his first question was about money? Also the car crash incident at Gillingham (and considering how quickly they moved him on) would be a red flag for me.
And for me. Bring in Waghorn if we want to take a gamble . It just might pay off
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Norlington Road wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 12:44 pm I’d bring him back , he’d add something to the squad , including experience . This was two years ago at a higher level than us . You don’t lose all of that skill in two years . He just needs the right inspiration .
Would have the Bonne in that video back tomorrow, but seems like that Bonne is just a memory of what once was.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

y o y o y wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 1:04 pm Recalling Pigott back from his loan at Wimbledon would be a better option
Dear God No !! . If needs be get Waghorn
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 1:07 pm
Norlington Road wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 12:44 pm I’d bring him back , he’d add something to the squad , including experience . This was two years ago at a higher level than us . You don’t lose all of that skill in two years . He just needs the right inspiration .
Would have the Bonne in that video back tomorrow, but seems like that Bonne is just a memory of what once was.
If that version of Bonne still existed today he wouldn’t be without a club .
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 1:10 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 1:07 pm
If that version of Bonne still existed today he wouldn’t be without a club .
Exactly and why has his form declined so much so soon, I mean he is not in his mid 30's is he, 29 years old in October so should be at his peak playing years ?
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Sid Bishop wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 12:15 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:58 am

I really cannot understand why the all action Bonne has gone from where he was to where he is now in such a relatively short space of time. Not like he has suffered a bad injury of any sort is it ? I mean as a pro footballer, keeping fit is something you need to do as a top priority isn't it ! Perhaps they lose their enthusiasm and motivation, love of playing etc. Think of Stanley Mathews, kept himself fit and playing till he was 50 years old !
Whether he put on muscle / weight or just matured - he lost a half yard of pace and went from running in behind to playing with his back to goal a lot more. His effectiveness spiralled downwards as a response. I'm not sure at this stage of his career where he gets that pace back from.